Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 05:20 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,179,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
But hey, just repeat things you read on FR or WND without checking into them, k?
Thanks. Not that I need your permission to post anything I want, bozo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:21 PM

1,133 posts, read 711,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Do you mean that slobbering repub pig who wasn't capable of combing her hair before going out? The one who thought Obama was a "Duh,(drool) A-rab".

That one? Hard to tell them apart.....
I would not agree he is an Arab but most educated and informed people understand he is a Muslim and has defended that on many occassions.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I would not agree he is an Arab but most educated and informed people understand he is a Muslim and has defended that on many occassions.

This has been posted many times with no results so

Post PROOF that Obama is a Muslim.

Post PROOF that "most educated and informed people understand he is a Muslim"

if you believe this to be true you must have proof.....although most so-called "proof' has been shown to be a bunch of hooey so you have to come up with something new....

Old 11-06-2009, 05:34 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
Did you all hear that the shooter was so upset he couldn't find a wife in the US who wanted to wear a Burka? I don't get it why the army never responded on the remarks this man has made about muslims and other very upsetting issues...How on earth could this man ever have mentally helped any militair? This man is and was a nutcase!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,179,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Seems I've heard the phrase "alluhu akbar" before......let me jog my memory........Ah, got it.

That was what the 9/11 hijackers screamed as they plowed into the towers.
Let us also not forget Egypt Air Flight 990. EgyptAir Flight 990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I have muslim friends, and no, they don't try to kill me.
Honestly, I am more scared of american right-wingers than I am of muslims.
Just look at the mess in Iraq. Why did you invade Iraq? Can you tell me again? Was your national security threatened?
Trust me, where I live, people view Americans as terrorists as well. Its just a different point of view. I condemn what happened today, but its just too obvious how people use this incident to spread their hate again.

Btw, How many muslims do you personally know?
Even people who hated Bush and hate war wont look at the American military as state sponsored terrorism, but when the results are the same as what terrorism results in (innocent, dead civilians) then is it pure nationalism that keeps most blinded to American military excesses all over the planet? I think so. When terrorists kill people with handguns or suicide vests or coordinated ambush or through the use of an IED, the fact remains they are killing a member of an occupying military in their own country. This time it happened in our country, by a Muslim who snapped. Went over the edge with guns. In an tragically ironic twist he was a graduate of VT, where the campus massacre recently took place.

However, in regards to the blindness of Americans to their own country's foreign policy, its because the mainstream media in the U.S. is utterly useless and shields everyone from the truth. Ignorance is rampant. One of the major networks in America, FOX, has a news division entirely devoted to propaganda and disinformation.

In this country, you are born and bred to be "patriotic" and your senses are continually assaulted with patriotic propaganda that is eclipsed only by savage attacks on those deemed less than "patriotic" in the eyes of rabid, largely self identified "Christian's" blind to their own sin.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,208,804 times
To the person who gave me the rep point:

The answer to your question is: No.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think if the killer would have had a Bible in his hand and was a member of the NRA, the administration and it's lapdog media would have been all over that.

This one has to be kept hushed and downplayed until they can think up some good reasons the poor guy massacred all those people. He will soon be made the victim.

you are spot on!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I wonder how many American Christians would be allowed in ANY army in a Muslim country??
Zero, and no Muslim country allows Christians or Jews to immigrate to it. They believe we must have religious freedom but they don't practice it themselves at all.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I don't like Obama and did not vote for him but I think this is nit picky jumping on him for not being like Bill Clinton here. I was so sick of Clintion biting his lower lip and whimpering every time a scene called for a little emotion. Obama did not have all of the facts and expressed his disgust with the senseless act of violence. It was very early in the whole affair and even I cut him some slack on this one.

He had the facts that at that time 12 of our own was dead
that should have been his focus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies