Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Its him

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times
Post News, Nidal Malik Hasan, Suspected Fort Hood Shooter, Was Called "Camel Jockey"

Fort Hood shooting suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, wanted out of the Army after being constantly harassed by others in the military and was called a "camel jockey," his family said.

As Hasan was about to be deployed to Iraq, he was suffering from some of the same stresses that he was trained as an Army psychiatrist to treat.

Nidal Malik Hasan Wanted Out of Army, Family Said - ABC News

Old 11-06-2009, 08:56 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
This issue shouldn't be taken lightly. The Columbine murders, the Virginia Tech shooter and this person all felt like they had been picked on and were outsiders or rejected people. Bullying is not okay. As we can see, it can lead to a lot of anger and angry people can commit atrocious acts.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Keywords: ....."his family said."

They have a vested interest in preserving what is left of the family name.

Sounds to me like this guy was overly sensitive. Not one person in the history of the United States military has made it through without having been tagged by a nickname, handle, moniker, etc.....sometimes its in jest, sometimes its not. Either way, it's certainly not anything to kill 13 people over.

While understandable, his family needs to quit talking to the press, quit making excuses, and accept what is done.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Keywords: ....."his family said."

They have a vested interest in preserving what is left of the family name.

Sounds to me like this guy was overly sensitive. Not one person in the history of the United States military has made it through without having been tagged by a nickname, handle, moniker, etc.....sometimes its in jest, sometimes its not. Either way, it's certainly not anything to kill 13 people over.

While understandable, his family needs to quit talking to the press, quit making excuses, and accept what is done.
You think his family lied and made that up? Wow!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that's what a Republican from Texas is trying to do right now.

I don't keep up with repubs from Tx. But your right about them except they all got fired so maybe they will pay attention to the people ' for awhile' next go round .

Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I don't get this. Why would Cornyn, a Republican Senator in a red state, try to get praise from Obama? I really don't understand why you think he needs to court Obama voters in a state that, outside of Austin, the Valley, and El Paso, routinely votes for Republican candidates in a way that really can't even accurately be described as purple in terms of either demographics or voting patterns? What possible motives could Cornyn have for courting conservative voters when he already has the majority on his side? Again, I'll just say that I am only posting these political comments in the context of someone else's. My main focus is and always has been in this thread on the unspeakable tragedy the citizens of central Texas are undergoing, and my heart aches for them. I used to be a central Texan myself. The random violence you have experienced is truly awful, and I am so, so sorry that this has happened. There is nothing that anyone in Killeen, the communities surrounding Ft. Hood, and Ft. Hood itself have done that would warrant this grief being visited upon their heads. At this point, words escape me. I would only hope that the rest of the nation would be similarly empathetic.

I'm still mad at all the so called conservatie repub. They lied and people died, but this death is on Carter and the ones who followed him and didn't ammend his rules to carry weapons on base .

What insanity that a military camp is unarmed, anybody besides me see how ironic this is ?

Right now all the praise is going to the female cop and it should she did a good job and saved lives .

But if they had of been armed most of these kids would still be alive and few injured.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 PM

While the other prisoners eat hotdogs from pigs, this guy will get kosha lamb chops . He will not get death penalty but he will have a speacial cell to recruit other American hating criminals.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:22 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This issue shouldn't be taken lightly.
The only way to take this is "lightly." It is absurd to make a causal connection between being called names and turning into an evil murderous thug. Certainly bullying is serious business when we're talking about a victim who is truly powerless (such as a small child outpowered by a group or a larger person), but this terrorist jihadi was a Major in the U.S. Army. He could easily have disciplined any subordinates who disrespected him, and he could have filed harassment suits against any superiors.

It's time to stop making excuses for people and tell them to "cowboy up." A military man should be a . . . man.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:27 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Round em up and outa here now, ah,- I'm only dreamin. However, it would be both prudent, wise and doable to call for a moratorium on any immigration whatsoever from the Muslim world. Unfortunately we elected a Muslim in Christian clothing for President.
We (Americans) should be thankful that we do NOT have people with opinions such as these making up our immigration and enforcement laws, or writing American foreign policy, we would definitely be in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies