Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,009,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Although the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of ____________________________
Insert any religion in the ____________________________.

This thread is useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
obo

916 posts, read 985,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I always hear people talking about the silence of the Muslims re terrorism...I don't know where these people live. Here in the NY metro area there are always interreligious outreach groups being run by and participated in by Muslims, especially after 9/11. My Muslim coworkers aren't terrorists, either.

I don't think the people who keep making that tired claim live amongst or work around Muslims. Yep, there are terrorists in the Muslim community, no doubt, but the majority of Muslims seem to just want to be Americans.
You are missing the point. Where are the Muslims from OTHER NATIONS, like Islamic nations calling this stuff out? There are none, they all support it.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:49 AM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not hate Muslims or any other religionists. I do fear that Muslim extremists have damn good reason to hate us because we have put the value of control of commerce (oil) over the value of their lives. I am ashamed of us for that, just as I am ashamed for our invasion of Vietnam to protect French investments. (BTW I am a Nam Vet - been there done that.), Waging war for commerce is utterly despicable.

Killing innocent people for the Glory of God is equally despicable. There are no winners in this conflict but there are plenty of losers. I would like to apologize to all of the innocents damaged by our side in these wars. The other guys can apologize for the damage they have done.
I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if the ME was wiped out completely and Islam ceased to exist.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:49 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
I have to disagree... the most barbaric was Christianity... they killed more people than any religion... they may have stopped but that wasn't what their past was like... I guess that's true of any religion, they become very murderous and then grew to be more complacent... I guess the same can be said of Islam.... if so, why are you so hateful? They are just going through their phases.... it would help if Americans stop throwing themselves over these bombs and go home already... less Americans die that way... you can't fight an ideology with guns... its a lesson learned long ago... apparently there are still some that need to learn it... Obama are you listening? Didn't think so...

Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Buddy, this is a foolish post.

Keep your generalized biases and hateful opinions to yourself.

Most Muslims throughout the world are peaceful, and, likely, there are many on this forum who you have just insulted. Your just spreading hate on a public forum.

Yes. I agree with your general sentiments about religion in general, but there has been more death shed in the name of Christianity, historically, than almost any other religion. But, again, I agree with the malevolent behavior that seems to stem from all monotheistic organized religion. Far Eastern religions seem to be relatively immune to crusades on their behalf.

I'm extremely surprised that a thread under this topic is allowed to persist.

I guess the mods haven't caught up yet.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Buddy, this is a foolish post.

Keep your generalized biases and hateful opinions to yourself.

Most Muslims throughout the world are peaceful, and, likely, there are many on this forum who you have just insulted. Your just spreading hate on a public forum.

Yes. I agree with your general sentiments about religion in general, but there has been more death shed in the name of Christianity, historically, than almost any other religion. But, again, I agree with the malevolent behavior that seems to stem from all monotheistic organized religion. Far Eastern religions seem to be relatively immune to crusades on their behalf.

I'm extremely surprised that a thread under this topic is allowed to persist.

I guess the mods haven't caught up yet.
a little overly sensitive eh? Kind of like how a 6th grade girl would feel. Facts are the facts. Islam is violent, you can't refute that and it will not change. You say that most Muslims are peaceful, at the moment they are, but give them a reason to be violent and they won't think twice. Tell one of these peacful Muslim fathers that his daughter is becoming too westernized and see what he does.....

Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
Quote:
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
christianity has 600 years and much more global influence than islam.. go back 2000-600 years and christian extremists were doing much of the same...
Jesus is highly regarded around the world, not because of it's peaceful message, but because of the barbaric impositions used then in making it a nationalized religion.. If you didn't convert.. you die!...
islam is just following in the steps of christianity...
granted christianity isn't doing this on a wide scale anymore, but that doesn't make excuses for the foundation of their success...
but I agree.. Islam is an oppressive disgusting religion...christianity is just insane...
You can wrap sh*t up in a pretty package.. and tout all the beauty of the package all you want.. it's still sh*t.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
ignorance, pure ignorance. bush is a christian and how many innocent people have been killed in the past 8 years through unjust wars??
I sincerely doubt that Bush is even a Christian as he has been quoted as stating that he doesn't take the Bible literally. Keep in mind that the Democrats and the Republicans both voted to go to war with Iraq with the intelligence they had at the time.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:57 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
a little overly sensitive eh? Kind of like how a 6th grade girl would feel. Facts are the facts. Islam is violent, you can't refute that and it will not change. You say that most Muslims are peaceful, at the moment they are, but give them a reason to be violent and they won't think twice. Tell one of these peacful Muslim fathers that his daughter is becoming too westernized and see what he does.....
Probably the same thing a Christian parent might do if a daughter had relations out of wedlock... its a phase in every religion, just because it is happening now doesn't mean its a barbaric religion, its growing up... eventually it will be like any other religion, complacent and earning money like a cash cow with a political bent...

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I sincerely doubt that Bush is even a Christian as he has been quoted as stating that he doesn't take the Bible literally.
I wasn't aware you were not a Christian if you carried a figurative view of the Bible. For instance, are you saying that to be a Christian you must literally believe that God created the heavens and earth in 7 days ... and that a talking snake caused the downfall of man? Many, many Christians I know see this more as symbolism rather than literal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies