Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 12:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
he did not start it
No he did not start it. It was the Democrats and Republicans that voted to go to war with Iraq. When the war became unpopular, the Democrats decided to disassociate themselves with it by pointing a finger at Bush. The Democratic politicians are just to blame as Bush and the Republicans. No amounts of backpedaling will ever change that. No, Obama did not start this war but he is certainly finishing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
No he did not start it. It was the Democrats and Republicans that voted to go to war with Iraq. When the war became unpopular, the Democrats decided to disassociate themselves with it by pointing a finger at Bush. The Democratic politicians are just to blame as Bush and the Republicans. No amounts of backpedaling will ever change that. No, Obama did not start this war but he is certainly finishing it.
I will be careful about saying "finishing" it.... Right now I don't know what obama is doing other than wasting time before making a decision... you don't need to make a decision right away but it shouldn't take weeks to make one either.... I guess he is trying to drum up support from the dems cause he wants to stay in there.... and I think he is getting the cold shoulder... so I wouldn't say "finishing" it just yet...

Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
I sincerely doubt that Bush is even a Christian as he has been quoted as stating that he doesn't take the Bible literally. Keep in mind that the Democrats and the Republicans both voted to go to war with Iraq with the intelligence they had at the time.

Bush is a crud ball.

True Christians are not crud balls.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:07 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
yes i wish he would end the wars but we are only there because of bush. take responsibility

When is Obama gonna take responsibility? Why has he not ended them? They are HIS war and HE is the only one keeping it going. You can not blame Bush anymore he is not in power Obama is and if he wanted to could end them so perhaps you should be slamming him for not doing it. Bush is not forcing Obama to keep the wars going. Amazing how some think Obama can do no wrong even though it rests solely on HIM!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:

Given the magnitude of the threat, the current policy, which depends for its success upon the steadfastness of our coalition partners and upon the cooperation of Saddam Hussein, is dangerously inadequate. The only acceptable strategy is one that eliminates the possibility that Iraq will be able to use or threaten to use weapons of mass destruction.

Letter to President Clinton on Iraq

Then 9/11 came along.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Mister OP is the armchair humanist who's so radically bummed with the radically religious radicals.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
They all suck, suppress human nature and use fear as means to control people. Thanks but no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Mister OP is the armchair humanist who's so radically bummed with the radically religious radicals.
Totally radical dude.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:25 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
Couldn't agree more. Here is one Liberal who believes that Muslims simply don't belong in our society. I don't care how high their college attainment rates are. The Ft. Hood shooter was college educated too, and he was just as crazy as all the other extremists. If there was a question on the ballot in 2010 to ban all Muslim immigration to America, I'd vote yes in a heartbeat.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
christianity has 600 years and much more global influence than islam.. go back 2000-600 years and christian extremists were doing much of the same...
Jesus is highly regarded around the world, not because of it's peaceful message, but because of the barbaric impositions used then in making it a nationalized religion.. If you didn't convert.. you die!...
islam is just following in the steps of christianity...
granted christianity isn't doing this on a wide scale anymore, but that doesn't make excuses for the foundation of their success...
but I agree.. Islam is an oppressive disgusting religion...christianity is just insane...
You can wrap sh*t up in a pretty package.. and tout all the beauty of the package all you want.. it's still sh*t.
They weren't Christians. Please, please address this comment as unbiased as you can and leave out your preconceived ideologies as much as they will allow: Jesus said to love, pray for and bless your enemies. No true follower of Christ can hate a non Christian. Muhammad said to kill the infidel (non Muslim). No true Muslim can not not hate a non Muslim. These are the basic tenants of each religion.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
In Iraq it was also commonplace to have Muslims fight alongside you and die alongside you against those insurgents. The radical rednecks in this country know no boundaries either
when was the last time a radidal redneck shot up some place?

strapped a bomb to themsleves and blew up the grocery store?

dug a hole under the highway and put a bomb in it?

If you are going to make such accusations you better back it up. THIS Redneck doesnt take kindly to being catagoized with murderers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies