Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It looks like this thread is nothing more than someone saw an opportunity to be bigoted and racist against against people they term good old boys. I think if you look around the world of who attacks people with turbans you will see they have more to fear by other people that wear turbans.
You just proved my point. You assumed any head wrapping is a turban which is why you and others like you can't tell the difference between Sikhs and Arabs. To you, they all look the same. A turban is a specific head wrap worn by Sikhs. Most Muslims don't wear turbans or any head wrapping so your statement about the world fearing people wearing turbans is ignorant since the people you are referring to are not wearing turbans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I've noticed the same racist bigots will react and attack anyone with a turban because they assume they are Islamic or beat up Indian Hindus because their names sound "Muslim-like" In 2001, a Sikh was shot and killed by a redneck because the moron thought he was Muslim. Great, anyone who looks Arabic is going to get beat up now. I'm half Hispanic half Caucasian and I know I'm going to get evil stares and harassed just like what happened around 9/11. It took almost 3 years before the bigots calmed down

Yeah those rednecks are a real problem being all racist and bigoted like they are.

Only thing is, rednecks didn't go on a cowardly murderous rampage yesterday.

So what about Major I-hate-America? He still OK?

This is about the third thread you've started to jump on everyone besides the Muslim terrorist who killed eleven of our finest citizens and wounded twenty-one others.

Something you'd like to say?

Go ahead, spit it out.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah those rednecks are a real problem being all racist and bigoted like they are.

Only thing is, rednecks didn't go on a cowardly murderous rampage yesterday.

So what about Major I-hate-America? He still OK?

This is about the third thread you've started to jump on everyone besides the Muslim terrorist who killed eleven of our finest citizens and wounded twenty-one others.

Something you'd like to say?

Go ahead, spit it out.
Except I called out the terrorist but if you want to demonize me by making up lies go ahead. Look at my posts and I've said the person is a sick individual.

And let me guess, so because this guy killed some soliders, it's okay to kill anyone who is brown even if they aren't Muslim. Yeah, I get what you are saying too. Why don't you just go ahead and say it's okay to kill a Sikh because it's a crime to wear a turban and confuse people for being Muslim.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:44 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Except I called out the terrorist but if you want to demonize me by making up lies go ahead. Look at my posts and I've said the person is a sick individual.

And let me guess, so because this guy killed some soliders, it's okay to kill anyone who is brown even if they aren't Muslim. Yeah, I get what you are saying too. Why don't you just go ahead and say it's okay to kill a Sikh because it's a crime to wear a turban and confuse people for being Muslim.

Save the Alinski crap.

Guys like you probably motivated this crazy SOB. You need to chill. The last thing we need are more rednecks converting normal Muslims into terrorists by angering them. In Europe, there is a lot terrorism against innocent Muslims by European skinheads, and fascist groups. There is a lot of hate by the Muslim community toward their European neighbors much moreso than in the United States because in Europe, they are far more racist and intolerant. Go to a soccer match and they hold Nazi flags in the crowds, throw bananas on the field and call players monkeys. The last thing we need is some dumb good ole boy stereotyping all Muslims as being evil and upsetting them.

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/808558-11-dead-31-wounded-fort-hood-post11506057.html#post11506057

Well maybe if the shooter faced less people with attitudes like yours, this may have never occurred.

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/808558-11-dead-31-wounded-fort-hood-post11506122.html#post11506122

I wonder if this event would have ever taken place if some of his fellow soldiers didn't discriminate against their fellow soldier.

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/809026-could-event-dr-hasan-terrorist-act-post11505242.html

Maybe, it isn't everyone else's fault.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
It looks like this thread is nothing more than someone saw an opportunity to be bigoted and racist against against people they term good old boys. I think if you look around the world of who attacks people with turbans you will see they have more to fear by other people that wear turbans.
WE live in a "good ole boy" state, you don's see crimes against Hispanics (yes we have them) nor do you see or hear of anyone making comments about those who are from the mid-east. You are right, this thread was started by a bigot looking to get as much reaction as he can...

Nita

Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Honestly, how many of your friends can honestly see a Sikh and recognize they are Sikh and not an Islamic fundamentalist or see an Indian and know that most are Hindus and not Muslims? I'm sure you can but what about your friends?

*raises hand*

I can. I know the difference. The turbans are tied differently and Sikhs are various colours, Muslim turban is usually white, black or green. You can see they are very different.

Here look: Sikh Turban:

Arabic Turban:

Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
Quote:
You just proved my point. You assumed any head wrapping is a turban which is why you and others like you can't tell the difference between Sikhs and Arabs. To you, they all look the same. A turban is a specific head wrap worn by Sikhs. Most Muslims don't wear turbans or any head wrapping so your statement about the world fearing people wearing turbans is ignorant since the people you are referring to are not wearing turbans.
Oh, get off your high horse. How many people can tell the difference between Sikh headwraps and Muslim turbans anyway? Probably not many --- but that doesn't equate to one being a murderous redneck either.

Anytime anyone is targeted for their religion/ethnicity/race/sex is horrible. I sincerely hope that noone - not even 'real live moooslims - is harmed in any kind of retalitory attack. Personally, I don't think that will happen though.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
It sure does. Another anti-American rant.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
I've noticed the same racist bigots will react and attack anyone with a turban because they assume they are Islamic or beat up Indian Hindus because their names sound "Muslim-like" In 2001, a Sikh was shot and killed by a redneck because the moron thought he was Muslim. Great, anyone who looks Arabic is going to get beat up now. I'm half Hispanic half Caucasian and I know I'm going to get evil stares and harrassed just like what happened around 9/11. It took almost 3 years before the bigots calmed down
Besides -- it's really their own choice to run around with turbans, if they don't want their turbans to be looked at, they can leave them off.

A Christian Swede running around with a turban might get a couple glances also. Or if you put on a Catholic bishop hat, you might get a couple looks too -- wearing a turban or not is a choice in this country.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
it's odd how certain parties howl incessantly about fantasy future events that haven't even happened, while minimizing the horrific event that happened just yesterday.

odd indeed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies