Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 AM

844 posts, read 1,280,038 times

Advertisements

FDL News Desk » GOP Health Care Plan Pulverized By The CBO

Quote:
The CBO did a preliminary estimate of the Republican amendment to the House health care bill. There are now hard numbers to compare between the Democratic and Republican notions for health care.

Coverage:
Democrats – 36 million more covered by 2019, 96% of US covered
Republicans – 3 million more covered by 2019, 83% of US covered

That’s pathetic. Because the population is expected to grow over time, under the Republican health care plan there would be 2 million MORE Americans uninsured in 2019 than there are today, according to the CBO (50 million today, 52 million in 2019). But let’s look at cost:

Democrats – $104 billion in deficit reduction by 2019
Republicans – $68 billion in deficit reduction by 2019

The “fiscal conservatives” reduce the deficit LESS than the Democrats in the budget window, under their plan. And in the large-group market, where 80% of Americans get their private insurance, there would be a 0-3% reduction in the cost of their premiums; in other words, almost nothing (although that’s a preliminary figure that CBO doesn’t stand behind very aggressively).

Im still amazed the far right trolls here keep arguing that the CBO numbers are on their side. Especially when all anyone needs to do is read the bill itself

I suppose you can convince someone anything is you scream it to them enough times, true or not.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 AM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post

Im still amazed the far right trolls here keep arguing that the CBO numbers are on their side. Especially when all anyone needs to do is read the bill itself

I suppose you can convince someone anything is you scream it to them enough times, true or not.
Its a method of truthiness I think. Scream it from the rooftops enough and people will start to believe it.

Well, we did go to Iraq for weapons of mass destruction, and because those "unpatriotic" democrats who questioned going backed down.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post

Coverage:
Democrats – 36 million more covered by 2019, 96% of US covered
Republicans – 3 million more covered by 2019, 83% of US covered

That’s pathetic. Because the population is expected to grow over time, under the Republican health care plan there would be 2 million MORE Americans uninsured in 2019 than there are today, according to the CBO (50 million today, 52 million in 2019). But let’s look at cost:

Democrats – $104 billion in deficit reduction by 2019
Republicans – $68 billion in deficit reduction by 2019
LOL.

Oh, well......At lest they tried.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Republicans call this a health care bill. Hey, Republicans...You Lie!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Lets see which one will cost me less out of my pocket -republican
Which one will decrease the deficit -republican

Which one covers 100% of americans - neither

Choice still seems pretty clear to me.

Republicans isnt a healthcare bill its more of a passage to help you get healthcare. because they dont feel the gov should tax us more to have gov run healthcare that will increase the debt when we have medicare and its broke

Old 11-06-2009, 06:33 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Which one covers 100% of americans - neither

Choice still seems pretty clear to me.

Republicans isnt a healthcare bill its more of a passage to help you get healthcare. because they dont feel the gov should tax us more to have gov run healthcare that will increase the debt when we have medicare and its broke

get some actual facts please medicare is not broke. Stop believing everything rush says

Old 11-06-2009, 06:48 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
get some actual facts please medicare is not broke. Stop believing everything rush says
lol I dont listen to Rush.

Medicare isnt over budget and going broke? Really Where did you hear it wasnt.

I'll be waiting for a link that says medicare is not going broke. That its not over budget, denies more treatment then private insurance and going broke.

Then on top of that democrats wants to cut money from medicare to pay for Obamacare. Why not just fix medicare to start since our country is also broke

Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
The dems plan still leaves 30 million without insurance so what is the rush to pass this mess? I would rather cover 3 million without insurance and keep the private insurance I have than shove us all on the mandatory plan the dems come up with. Oh, the part I reallly love....it includes a mandatory premium to cover abortions. Be still my heart.
Now just breaking news....the vote will happen on Sunday because Pelosi still lacks the votes.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 AM

197 posts, read 378,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The dems plan still leaves 30 million without insurance so what is the rush to pass this mess? I would rather cover 3 million without insurance and keep the private insurance I have than shove us all on the mandatory plan the dems come up with. Oh, the part I reallly love....it includes a mandatory premium to cover abortions. Be still my heart.
Now just breaking news....the vote will happen on Sunday because Pelosi still lacks the votes.
You included flaming lies in your statement.. all of your credentials have gone out the window... there is no mandatory abortion coverage...

Seriously people, would you just friggin wake up for a minute, realize nether side is right, nether side has the answer, and both are lieing to you... I mean seriously, stop living in denial, your bipartisan party probably doesn't even share the same views as you do.. at least not by large.

Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that nether system will fix anything for the working class.. Just another scheme to put money into some ones pockets.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:53 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How much less out of pocket?

Republican plan will reduce deficit LESS than the Dem plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies