Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, the killer would be killed soon after opening fire.
Yeah but others may have been injured or killed by stray bullets from others. There's really not a win-win situation there; unless all the people who carry guns are also great shots.

I heard they found the guy at his mom's house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,463,432 times
^^^
and
we would definitely need a better Health Care option, because apparently many people shoot themselves in the appendages.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah but others may have been injured or killed by stray bullets from others. There's really not a win-win situation there; unless all the people who carry guns are also great shots.

When the person is intent on shooting as many people as he can find, the risk of stray bullets is far outweighed by the necessity of preventing even more from being killed.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,463,432 times
I have family in Orlando so this was very concerning but thankfully everyone is ok.

This stuff is getting out of control.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:31 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,850,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, the killer would be killed soon after opening fire.

Of course. After someone guns you down, you have plenty of time to get your gun and shoot back.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,762,991 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I heard too. That he was fired and couldn't collect unemployment and just lost it.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Quote:

Moms house? ROFL. Mom Hide me I was a bad boy and now the big bad mean police are after me. I wonder how long he will last in prison?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
'They left me to rot,' Orlando shooting suspect says (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/orl-jason-rodriguez-bio-orlando-shooting,0,4671695.story - broken link)

Quote:
Suspected Orlando mass shooter Jason Rodriguez, 40, was arrested a little after 2 p.m.at his mother's apartment at the intersection of Curry Ford Road and State Road 436.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,342,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Sorry, but this is total BS. If everybody would carry a gun, you would have everybody running outside with his gun looking for the shooter. There would be a mass shoothing, because nobody knows who the real shoter is. Everybody has a gun and looks like a shooter. People would just shoot randomly at each other.
It was tongue-in-cheek.
Like my suggestions that ALL athletes should be required to be on Steroids so we don't worry about who is roiding or not.
Though if one person was armed in that office, the shooter would have been stopped earlier. Same goes for the Virginia Tech Massacre.

The guy was a disgruntled ex-employee, and it's scary because my company has DOZENS of those. I sit on a floor where there were once 25 people in the cubicles...now there are 2. Maybe one of those 23 will come back and open fire.

My father's company got to rent out a floor in a building in San Francisco a while back because the previous tenants had been gunned down by a disgruntled ex-client. It's scary that some people can snap like this and take out others with them.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Just a reminder folks. People are no more nuts today than they were all along. The difference is we live in an instant news society, something happens 3000 miles away and we hear about it within seconds, have two things happen in a close time frame and the next thing you know people are afraid to leave their house. Do not over react to such news, the odds of you being involved in one of these events is no greater today than it was when you were a child many years ago. You are far more likely to die in an auto accident than any random act of violence, I wonder how some would react if they broadcast every time a fatal auto accident occured in this nation, some of you might never drive or ride in a car again.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies