Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 06:42 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times

Advertisements

Day after day, I hear Obama being bashed on these forums because of the debt we are piling up as a result of the Fiscal Stimulus Package and bailouts occurring under his watch to the financial services sector, and the auto industry. Never mind the fact that the bailouts started under George W. Bush and simply represent a continuation of policy. Never mind the fact, that virtually every Republican supported some fiscal stimulus package. The objections were really over the size of the package and the fact they didn't include more tax breaks for upper income folks.

After a mere nine months in office, we are now hearing from these same conservative voices that "Obama is a failure". We are hearing that his policies "aren't working". This despite the fact that the GNP of our country grew for the first time in over a year by 3.5% last quarter and the stock market is starting to rally. Bush and his GOP cohorts had eight years to run this country into the ground. Now, we are supposed to believe Obama can fix all this in nine months in office.

If John McCain had won the presidential election, we all know very well what we'd be hearing from the GOP. They'd be begging for adequate time for McCain's policies to work. They'd be pleading for "national unity" in the face of the greatest recession in 70 years. The unemployment rate would be no different because none of the fundamentals have changed. In fact, since a McCain fiscal stimulus would probably have been smaller than Obama's the unemployment rate would probably be greater.

Finally, let's not leave out that fiasco in Iraq. Its cost this country about a $1 trillion. What do we have to show for all that blood and treasure in Iraq? Virtually nothing. An ineffective government in that country that has trouble after seven years of American occupation dealing with a religious insurgency. If we had that $1 trillion back, the bailout and fiscal stimulus would be a much easier proposition.

The Republicans demanding instant relief from Obama know that it is impossible given the sheer magnitude of these problems. They are Hypocrites with a capital H.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Wanna talk about a hypocrite have a person run complaining about the debt a country is in. Then go and increase the debt more then the person you were complaining about

Now I didnt support Bushs bailout or big gov he created. I darn so dont approve of Obamas

The stimulus is a failure have you not see the reports of things like daycare giving raises instead of hiring or the gov reporting 900 people hired when only 500 work there.

As far as McCain I dont read the future so I am not going to sit here and try and pretend what it would be like under him. If he was doing this though I'd be ticked at him also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies