Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 PM

277 posts, read 368,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"Speaker Pelosi and the Rules Committee have broken the promises that Pres. Obama made that illegal aliens would be excluded from any part of a new federal health care plan.

The loopholes that are being allowed in H.R. 3962 would be yet another major incentive for illegal foreign workers to break immigration laws to take jobs from American workers"

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nu...ll-house-floor
More false propaganda from the Right, because the Right are experts at lying and scaring people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
More false propaganda from the Right, because the Right are experts at lying and scaring people.
More denial from the left.

It will happen. Illegals will get subsidized healthcare at your and my expense.

House Dems struggle for final votes on health care - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)

It's in the current draft..illegals will be allowed to buy from the pool using their own money. There were meetings with both Pelosi and Obama on this.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
More denial from the left.

It will happen. Illegals will get subsidized healthcare at your and my expense.

House Dems struggle for final votes on health care - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)

It's in the current draft..illegals will be allowed to buy from the pool using their own money. There were meetings with both Pelosi and Obama on this.
Would you rather they pay for their own healthcare or they walk into emergency rooms like they do now and not pay for healthcare, which we pay for in the end? Come on Righties....get with the program. It's simple math. They are here and they are not disappearing.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Would you rather they pay for their own healthcare or they walk into emergency rooms like they do now and not pay for healthcare, which we pay for in the end? Come on Righties....get with the program. It's simple math. They are here and they are not disappearing.
Honestly we are going to pay in the end either way. The ones that walk over the border to make use of the hospitals will not buy insurance. They will just walk back home to Mexico and come back when they need their next treatment.

And yes..they do just "walk" on over here as do their children to get on school buses each morning to attend US schools. But I digress so I'll stop here.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Honestly we are going to pay in the end either way. The ones that walk over the border to make use of the hospitals will not buy insurance. They will just walk back home to Mexico and come back when they need their next treatment.

And yes..they do just "walk" on over here as do their children to get on school buses each morning to attend US schools. But I digress so I'll stop here.
But if you pay for your insurance, you are entitled to care. Just like when illegals pay for car insurance....guess what? Accident, claims paid. Simple as that.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:36 PM

413 posts, read 562,032 times
Quote:
But if you pay for your insurance, you are entitled to care. Just like when illegals pay for car insurance....guess what? Accident, claims paid. Simple as that.

"Just like when illegals pay for car insurance". LOL! Wow, are you a comedian? The vast majority of illegals don't have insurance and can't afford car insurance. Thanks for the laugh though.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"Speaker Pelosi and the Rules Committee have broken the promises that Pres. Obama made that illegal aliens would be excluded from any part of a new federal health care plan.

The loopholes that are being allowed in H.R. 3962 would be yet another major incentive for illegal foreign workers to break immigration laws to take jobs from American workers"

NumbersUSA Urges 'NO' Vote on Rule That Would Bring Healthcare Bill to House Floor | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
The changes and promises broken to "buy" Hispanic votes aren't a lot worse than all the other promises they have broken up to now. They promised this abortion would be online for over 72 hours and they are still changing it at this moment to "buy" more votes tomorrow. It is a crime that they can do this but they are in charge and only the Blue Dogs and one other Democrat can keep this thing from being passed.

It has not been read, 1990 pages plus an over 40 page manager's amendment, just can't be read and understood in the amount of time that the members have been given. The people won't have a full 24 hours if they vote tomorrow. I really don't think they have enough dishonest people in the House to pass it but I could be wrong as I often am. It makes no difference, they will get something passed and then only the Senate can stop the move to socialized medicine. This first step will be the number one step and I doubt we can stop this crap once it starts rolling.

Nasty Nancy needs to be thrown into the Grand Canyon to see if she can fly.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Your assumption is that the premium's they pay will cover the cost of the services they are provided. If millions of illegals buy into the public option, and then overhwhelm the healthcare system with claims, it will be YOUR tax dollars that will be paid to cover the tab. Then we're back to square one with taxpayer dollars paying for illegal immigrants' healthcare. What exactly don't you understand about that?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The changes and promises broken to "buy" Hispanic votes aren't a lot worse than all the other promises they have broken up to now. They promised this abortion would be online for over 72 hours and they are still changing it at this moment to "buy" more votes tomorrow. It is a crime that they can do this but they are in charge and only the Blue Dogs and one other Democrat can keep this thing from being passed.

It has not been read, 1990 pages plus an over 40 page manager's amendment, just can't be read and understood in the amount of time that the members have been given. The people won't have a full 24 hours if they vote tomorrow. I really don't think they have enough dishonest people in the House to pass it but I could be wrong as I often am. It makes no difference, they will get something passed and then only the Senate can stop the move to socialized medicine. This first step will be the number one step and I doubt we can stop this crap once it starts rolling.

Nasty Nancy needs to be thrown into the Grand Canyon to see if she can fly.
This will be just like Cap & Trade. At 3AM a 300 or so page amendment got put out and many didn't even know about it when they voted the next morning. They didn't even have a copy of it in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies