Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:33 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times

Advertisements

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ELECTIONS.

The farright trolls are now misplacing threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:44 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
First of all, I didn't start this thread, just commented and pc is not really political but a by product of the politically correct world that has been forced on us. You are right, a lot has changed since 1995, more has changed since 9/11 and not in a good way. The military was aware of this guy's distorted thinking, he made it very well known, and they did nothing. They were even going to deploy him which is so irresponsible. That is what over zealous political correctness has gotten us. He should have been dealt with way before this happened, but those in the position to do that walk a fine line of being called racist if they do the right thing and now 13 innocent people are dead because of it. This guy was every bit as much a terrorist as those that strap on a bomb and walk into a crowd of people.
Re: the bold, exactly. That should be the core issue here, and I really hope the military/govt's refusal to act wasn't because they were worried about being "PC".

No matter what this guy's background was, they should have acted.

And as long as you call the others I mentioned terrorists as well, I'll gladly call Hasan one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
At first, the OKC bombings were blamed on middle easterners, until it turned out it was done by whites. (I believe McVeigh had some help, can't remember all the details now.) McVeigh's relligion was never an issue, why is this guy's such a big deal?
That's true.

Hasan's religion "is such a big deal" because it's not the American mainstream religion, and he just happens to share a religion with those who have wronged us before and those who we are warring with now.

That's the only thing he shares in common, and for some that is enough.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Re: the bold, exactly. That should be the core issue here, and I really hope the military/govt's refusal to act wasn't because they were worried about being "PC".

No matter what this guy's background was, they should have acted.

And as long as you call the others I mentioned terrorists as well, I'll gladly call Hasan one too.

That's true.

Hasan's religion "is such a big deal" because it's not the American mainstream religion, and he just happens to share a religion with those who have wronged us before and those who we are warring with now.

That's the only thing he shares in common, and for some that is enough.
Hasan made his religion "a big deal" by his comments and actions.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Default FBI refused to probe Ft. Hood jihadi despite contact with al-Qaida

FBI refused to probe Ft. Hood jihadi despite contact with al-Qaida!!!! Horrible leaders we have huh?

Hasan e-mails to Islamic cleric did not result in FBI inquiry

Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Seems the guy was being investigated by the FBI and then when obama takes over, the case is put on the back burner. Why?
I don't believe that's what happened. He shaped up some while in residency, then was sent to Ft. Hood. This according to NPR, which link I posted somewhere here on CD.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
[quote=MotleysCrewedup;11546581]

Quote:
That would be under your Presidents watch.
wow.. what a hilarious comment

Quote:
Say what you will, Bush and Cheney did far better warding off these attacks than Penneta the Pin Head is doing. Oh and don't cha love it?
explain how..your blaming obama for this lmao...the cia is flawed and always has been. why didnt anyone fend off 9/11 oh dont give me that nonsense lol

Quote:
Napolotano is our threatening backlash against Muslims. Warms my heart
you make a war with religion and your gonna get it

Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Hasan made his religion "a big deal" by his comments and actions.
some people take their religion serious while others dont, u cant imagine listening to scrutiny from american citizens and fellow military men regarding actions of some it'll drive u insane

some americans are just dumb..when we go into others backyards and destroy what do you think the perception is.real talk americans care less about that..but love pating with broad brushes

Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
When will our leaders wake up? So will obama wake up now?

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists - Telegraph
I think we need to blame it on Bush. Who was President at "about the same time" as these sickos were going to "church"? Sounds to me like Bush wasn't on the ball, didn't catch these people right away, didn't protect us from terrorism. These people had been worshiping for how many years thru the Bush Presidency and Bush didn't know about it?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Clinton,Bush and now obama are in the same boat! All trash! Lets stay positive and vote obama out in 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
I think we need to blame it on Bush. Who was President at "about the same time" as these sickos were going to "church"? Sounds to me like Bush wasn't on the ball, didn't catch these people right away, didn't protect us from terrorism. These people had been worshiping for how many years thru the Bush Presidency and Bush didn't know about it?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
There have been plenty of ****-poor threads on this board in the past, I vote this one as one of the top 5 worst of all time. Will not waste 1 more second giving this "stuff" attention. Jeeeez, I feel dumber for even reading this BS.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies