Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You are kidding me if you think those who voted for health care reform are going to be voted out in next year elections. I would be scared if i was a republican though.
Have you not been paying attention to the tea parties going on

Heck there is one held in Fort Lauderdale every single Sat for since April They havent missed a week

People have gone to Dc 3 times 2 in the past couple days

There were massive tea parties held all across the country April 15th

Did you not watch NJ and Va go from voting Obama in NOV to voting for a republican

7 elections in PA the same Tue all went republican but 1

Yall keep ignoring it. Works for me

No it doesnt work for me sorry. Wake up pay attention. Enough of the status quo. Enough paying them to lie to us, Enough of them forgetting who they work for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You are kidding me if you think those who voted for health care reform are going to be voted out in next year elections. I would be scared if i was a republican though.
Actually, I think they are kidding themselves. There are multiple millions of people who don't vote. The last election demonstrated what happens when some of those that didn't, start. The GOP's continuous demonstration of their lack of concern and downright disrespect of the American people, is awakening more and more. The thing about being an American is we tend to go along quietely with things, as long as it doesn't affect tus too much. But when we get affected, as we are getting now, we tend to rile up and fight for what is right. The vast majority of Americans, want, need and will demand and effective reform to the Health care problems we face. There is a general disgust with Congress about who they are REALLY representing and it will impact elections. If I were a Rep or Senator, I would make sure I knew what my constiuents want.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 AM

7 posts, read 7,673 times
Default Really? Seriously?

Blue Dogs and RINO's both better watch their tails! Though only one supposed Republican voted for yesterday's Obama-care bill, the country is watching all of the votes on all of this ridiculous spending...

We are told we "have to pass the stimulus package" so unemployment won't go over 8%. Well, are you guys checking it out? It is up to 10.2% now and rising!!!

We are all being lied to as they take our hard earned money, those of us who still have a job, and they are planning to take more and more of it until we are all at their mercy. You cannot tax and spend your way out of a recession/depression...Cut taxes and let the small businessman/woman provide jobs for others, who then will be able to pay their own small income taxes...That is the only proven way to get out of this mess.

We need to throw the whole lot of them, Congress and Senate and the Executive branch, out on their rears and start over...and while we are at it, we need term limits for Congress! These professional politicians are a big part of our problem!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:54 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Actually, I think they are kidding themselves. There are multiple millions of people who don't vote. The last election demonstrated what happens when some of those that didn't, start. The GOP's continuous demonstration of their lack of concern and downright disrespect of the American people, is awakening more and more. The thing about being an American is we tend to go along quietely with things, as long as it doesn't affect tus too much. But when we get affected, as we are getting now, we tend to rile up and fight for what is right. The vast majority of Americans, want, need and will demand and effective reform to the Health care problems we face. There is a general disgust with Congress about who they are REALLY representing and it will impact elections. If I were a Rep or Senator, I would make sure I knew what my constiuents want.
lol The days of us just going along with things are over

Vast majoirty of Americans have insurance and happy with their insurance just want the cost down. They dont want gov run healthcare.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:56 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not very convincing majority and probably most who voted for will be out of job by this time next year and the bill if voted for and accepted will be changed by the next government

House Passes Health Care Bill - FOXNews.com

A) A link from FOX News.
B) Satisfaction that the vote was close
C) A prediction that those who voted for it will be "voted out of a job"

And the Dumbing Down of America rolls on.....

Old 11-08-2009, 07:01 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
A) A link from FOX News.
B) Satisfaction that the vote was close
C) A prediction that those who voted for it will be "voted out of a job"

And the Dumbing Down of America rolls on.....
OK lets help you out. Blue dog Dems come from conservative leaning districts, who in general are opposed to this health care plan. So those who voted for it who came from these districts are in danger. Pretty simple really.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
OMG,OMG,OMG.............Americans are going to be able to buy health insurance despite pre existing conditions or get help to get healthcare if they can't afford it..... What a CRIME!
Only idiots or selfish Elitists would object to this bill.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not very convincing majority and probably most who voted for will be out of job by this time next year and the bill if voted for and accepted will be changed by the next government

House Passes Health Care Bill - FOXNews.com
I am guessing in AR, at least one will be...

Nita

Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
OMG,OMG,OMG.............Americans are going to be able to buy health insurance despite pre existing conditions or get help to get healthcare if they can't afford it..... What a CRIME!
Only idiots or selfish Elitists would object to this bill.
how little you really understand about all this. I don't think there is an American that would not like to see insurance be allowed for everyone with pre-existing conditions, but there is so much more to what is happening than one issue..

Nita

Old 11-08-2009, 07:10 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Higher taxes, higher spending, and higher debt. Good job Democrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies