Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 08:13 AM

272 posts, read 215,893 times

Advertisements

strawman, hyperbole, spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why not? Accountants do. It's all driven by profit. Do you think they think more of your body then they do your auto?

All they care about is how much you cost them. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:13 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Was it the great economics of the Republicans that caused the worst financial meltdown since the depression..........YES!
I actually agree. But the Democrats aren't making it any better.

Quote:
Get real.... it has NOTHING to do with spending or taxes, it is the fear of losing the status quo...even though the ststus quo is destroying America.
I disagree. I don't want the status quo. I do support health care reform. I just don't support this massive two thousand page bill that the Democrats just passed. There's some good things in it (pre-existing conditions for example), but there's a lot also a lot in there that isn't good.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM

272 posts, read 215,893 times
Ignorant

and confused

Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
2) I just LLLOOOVVEE the group of Obama buttkissers logic, "well, if your not for PelosiCare, then you MUST BE for the status quo (insurance companies)." Hey genius, did it ever occur to you that some people don't like the current system, BUT THINKS THE CURRENT BILL WILL DESTROY America? No, I guess it never occurred to you. Obermann and the on-line section of the Democratic National Party must be dictating to you what to post on here now.

I'd give you more credit if you typed a coherent sentence.

Did you say something about "DESTROYING AMERICA"?

Buh-bye.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
strange, I know quite a few democrats, not liberals but democrats who will not vote for their liberal congresscritter anymore.
I was surprised to see that Dennis Kucinich voted against the bill.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The can of worms has been pierced.
What good is healthcare if it is going to be rationed?
The doctors can defeat this bill, even if it is passed and into law very easily just like unions can. We don't take the government policy, just like the majority do now, with Medicaid and Medicare.

Under our Constitution, they will not be able to force doctors to take the public insurance plan.
Under our Constitution, they cannot force us to have insurance.

The stuff that is happening now, is the same things we fought the British over. Restrictions on our freedoms as Americans.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I was surprised to see that Dennis Kucinich voted against the bill.
As am I. But I understand why all of those 39 Democrats voted the way they did. Only a couple shared the same concerns as Kucinich. The majority shared their Republican allies concerns however.

And that was allegiance to their lobbyists

Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The can of worms has been pierced.
What good is healthcare if it is going to be rationed?
The doctors can defeat this bill, even if it is passed and into law very easily just like unions can. We don't take the government policy, just like the majority do now, with Medicaid and Medicare.

Under our Constitution, they will not be able to force doctors to take the public insurance plan.
Under our Constitution, they cannot force us to have insurance.

The stuff that is happening now, is the same things we fought the British over. Restrictions on our freedoms as Americans.

the passing of this bill might just be the
Quote:
shot heard around the world
that spells the end of the federal goverment as we know it.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
There are so many in America who have not got the faintest isea of how a Govt. run health system works, yet they fight and scream against Govt. healthcare. They listen to people like Hannity,Limbaugh, Morris etc etc who ALL have great company healthcare plans and will get top care if sick. Ask Beck... he is now recovering in style..courtesy of his FOX health cover. No wonder they do NOT want normal everyday Americans getting healthcare..it might encroach on their "Elitism".

Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
RE: thread title, I don't get into astral projections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies