Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Should Men or Women be allowed to have a Men's only or a Woman only Club?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Does Liberalism change as time changes?

Don't change the topic. The thread is about conservatism, and how the big issues of the day (past and present) are viewed through conservatism's lens. So here's the question: does a conservative support or oppose slavery? Your answer here will depend on your definition of conservatism. You said conservatism means promoting freedom. You also said it means freedom from intrusion by the government. So by that definition, I would have conclude that a conservative would have opposed the feds' actions to desegregate schools and banning prayers in schools. Going back further in time, a conservative would have opposed federal intrusion of abolishing slavery. You have not given me any reason to think that a conservative would have done otherwise.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If I want to go and have sex with a rabbit, who the hell are you to tell me I can't? You eat rabbits, they are a food item, they don't have feelings right?

I don't remember anyone on the left side of the isle being in favor of pedophilia, murder, rape, and robbery.

As far as drug use, again, who are you to tell me what I can and can't do with my body?

Appropiate response for anyone that is a far left winger. There have been left wingers who have advocated for or supported the rights of pedophilia. We have NAMBLA which was founded by gays and we have hussein obama's safe schools czar who was associated with them and also wrote a forward for a book which had a mother and her 8 yr old daughter both lusting after her 8 yr old girlfriend. There are posters on CD that have come to the defense of pedophiles (all were gay pedophiles so I don't know if they only thought gay pedophilia was ok)

Having sex with animals is also supported by some on the left. In fact you can barely mention gerbals without people snickering. We have seen many left wingers rally behind murderers and more than half the country sees abortion as murder (also fully supported by the left.

Drug use. I would be all for as much drug use as any left winger wants as long as we do not have to pick up the tab for it. As it is the rest of society must suffer the cost of drug use.

You can bet none of the above is a conservative value.

By the way does the rabbit give consent for sex or do you think your rights extend to raping animals?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM

442 posts, read 790,591 times
Real conservatism is about borders, language and culture.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Don't change the topic.
I didn't.

But, you won't answer a question I have posed to YOU multiple times.

The ball is now in your court.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:32 PM

I oppose banning prayers in Schools.

I support public displays of religious symbols on public property - regardless of the religion.

I support securing our borders - and strict enforcment of our immigration laws. I support the detaining and deportation of illegals. I support doing away with the Anchor Baby law.

I support a strong military

I do not support Gays in the Military.

I support the opening of each day in Congress with a prayer - as is currently being done.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:34 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I didn't.

But, you won't answer a question I have posed to YOU multiple times.

The ball is now in your court.
Your question is not germane to this thread since I am not a conservative and hence my answer to the question is irrelevant.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:35 PM

I support an Americans right to Opt Out of social Security, Medicare and other government welfare programs. The Government should not be forcing you to put your money into something you don't want to.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:36 PM

I support the right of Men and Women to have their own, exclusive Men or Woman only clubs.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:37 PM

I support the Death Penalty (and have witnessed an execution). I support expansion of crimes that would be subject to execution including Rape and Crimes against children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies