Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
It is the real world--in Chicago.
No, the real world, as anywhere where consultants do business.

If you are a consultant and one of your clients is Microsoft, it would be ill-advised to appear at MacWorld.

If you are a consultant for Boeing, it would be ill-advised to appear on a panel promoting Airbus.

If you are a consultant working for Exxon-Mobil, it would be in your interest not to appear with Al Gore.

And if you don't think that any of the above named clients don't make such wishes known, I repeat, you need to join the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Although it's a bit disconcerting to read that news, I also believe that the President and his staff have a right to deny interviews to whomever they wish.
But do they have the right to tell others who to talk to ?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Of course they have a right to tell others who to talk to, and those spoken to have the right to ignore them, but like in any business, ignoring a client has its own pitfalls.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, they have that right, but then the consultant has a right to complain about it or ignore them altogether, and we have a right to consider the situation and form our own opinions about it.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
Actually the ratings show that Fox News has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined.
Yes, I know that, but Fox's viewership hardly adds up to a majority of Americans. How many Americans watch Fox? A couple million? Maybe a few million on a good night?

Fans of Fox seem to forget that the ratings for CBS, NBC, and ABC overwhelm the ratings for Fox, CNN, and MSNBC.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway29south View Post
This administration scares the crap out of me. If Bush had done this, could you imagine the headlines on the t.v. news and in the paper? Obama already controls the media being that most of it is liberal, what else does he need? He butts into everything from commenting on what rap singers are doing on award shows to now trying to control the news.

Again, very scary.
Oh, please. Dana Perino recently told Fox that the Bush Administration was basically ignoring MSNBC toward the end of his term.

Is that "scary" to you too?

Think Progress » Perino admits the Bush administration essentially froze out MSNBC ‘towards the end.’

Old 11-08-2009, 06:18 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Let me see if I get this right......

A "un-named" consultant who "appeared" on Fox News.

If he "appeared" wouldn't he be known?

Come on you FoxNews addicts, who was he and what show was he on.............

Sorry, this sounds like a fictional source in a fictional story about a fictional event.

Last edited by plannine; 11-08-2009 at 06:41 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 06:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Somebody needs to grow up and join the real world or at the very least get a firm grasp on life in the real world.

Ah I see,I am sure you would take the same wordly view had it been Bush who had committed a similar transgression. Bravo!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
How funny. Obama-haters are bashing Chicago in the same way that Bush-haters bash Texas. It's pretty childish on both sides, I'd say.

I think it's actually good that the Obama Administration is going through this because it's forcing them to learn how to deal with the media more skillfully.

In the long run, it's a harmless controversy because most Americans don't give a flip about Fox News.

That may be true but they should be concerned none the less. First it's Fox News, then the LA Times (there was a poster here who thinks they are too fair). If they can't deal with Fox news how can they deal with the Iranians. Oh that's right they talk to them.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:26 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:

In the long run, it's a harmless controversy because most Americans don't give a flip about Fox News.
Based on Fox's ratings relative to CNN or MSNBC, it would seem to me that Americans disagree with this assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies