Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times

Advertisements

Dennis Kucinich - why I voted 'NO'

Why I Voted NO | CommonDreams.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Dennis Kucinich - why I voted 'NO'

Why I Voted NO | CommonDreams.org
Dennis would have been the best president we ever had. Sadly, he was too good and too honest and he never had a chance. Much to my sorrow.

The big money guys are NOT going to give up the profits, not for anyone, not no how, not no way.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Dennis would have been the best president we ever had. Sadly, he was too good and too honest and he never had a chance. Much to my sorrow.

The big money guys are NOT going to give up the profits, not for anyone, not no how, not no way.

20yrsinBranson
I agree, if Obama would consult Kucinich, Gravel and Paul, he might accomplish something - as it is, he is turning out to be Neo-con light.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 AM

395 posts, read 510,806 times
I used to be a big supporter Kucinich the last 2 elections. It might sound stupid, but he lost major points when I left a comment on his myspace page saying how people are too stupid to vote somebody as good as him. (except worded in a better way) and the comment was removed. I understand it's "POLITICS" by him or his team. Still, it made me think about how much politics mean more than people expressing their freedom of speech and I never expected him or his team to be like that.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
kucinich is right.

this is why it cracks me up that people are crying "communism!" and "socialized medicine!" about this bill when it's actually just a big handout to the insurance companies. even the "public option" is just the government purchasing a giant group plan from private insurance companies. and people are calling obama, who is basically just more of the same, some marxist revolutionary who is going to stand the country on its head. it's totally absurd.

has it ever occurred to anyone that the health care bill may have lost support as it moved further and further from any semblance of a real national health care plan?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Good for Dennis. I'm not big on the direction either he or the Dems want to go on this, but what we got was the worst possible "fix": a big payday for the insurance companies that includes mandatory coverage -- about the most un-American thing I can think of.

And before anyone says it, there is no parallel to mandatory auto insurance. I can choose not to drive. I'd carry insurance anyway -- the fact that I'm being ORDERED to is what's unacceptable in a free society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies