Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 04:43 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Over here we have over 90 homes in foreclosure and there are just 400 homes....

So what did the refinancing do...NOTHING!

What did the stimilus do...NOTHING! 12% unemployment and counting...

The only thing we see is people living for free for months and some for years...maybe one or 2 are to feel sorry for, the rest bought over their head and either lied on their application or got bad advise from professionals who all should be denied a license by now if the government want to change anything...but no they are still working and trying to get money and mostly not in the best way since their history has showed what they did.

After speaking with some people who have small businesses in like A/C or other kind of fields related to building, or homes...I learned that the tax credit is useless as well...

People buy homes which are cheap and they just get approved for that amount which is the highest they can afford...the tax credit is used to buy stuff they like but not to improve their homes. When property taxes will rise in a couple of years they propably can't afford it and we will see a 3rd round of people failing to pay. People won't change...now the new buyers live in homes they couldn't afford for the price they were build in '05...now they live in better homes for less which is great, I'm all for free markets and people buying a bargain and I'm glad some homes have been sold, but I'm scared what will happen in a few years...already a couple of the once recently sold have gotten fines from the HOA after 6 months, when they didn't start to maintain their yard, etc...these are people who don't belong here and just could afford it due to the low prices and paying similar as they paid for an apartment and not having a clue what it is to own a home and being responsible for maintenance...

Luckily some have bought by people who are maintaining them

But still all this artificial credits that the government is giving away...tax credit here, there....isn't learning the people how to deal with their salary.

Freddie and Fanny are causing more issues...Obama should stop interfering and just let the free markets run it's cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Yea, gee, thanks Charlie Crist (Gov FL - R). Did I mention he was nominated the worst governor in the country? Worse than Arnie, and that's though to beat.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:55 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Florida is a worthless alligator infested swamp.

I seriously hate the state of Florida. The entire state is nothing but developments dotted all over the map. There will be a huge community of very nice homes, then there will be absolutely nothing for miles.

Florida has such an insanely high crime rate. In large part because of the huge gap between rich and poor. I have never seen so many gated communities. This entire state is financed off the upper-middle class, which is probably why foreclosures are up so high. The upper-middle class were hit pretty hard in this recession.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:03 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
No, No.. The Recession IS over.. The Dow is up, that means EVERYTHING.. and Ben Bernake says so!! He was in Goldman Sacks, he must be right..

That and Obama's stimulus is creating MILLIONS of jobs! They are overflowing. Give it time! After all, it was that EVIL man Bush that got us into this mess to begin with!

In all seriousness, in California unemployment is also at 12%.. Now that's "Change.. We Can Believe in!"

Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yea, gee, thanks Charlie Crist (Gov FL - R). Did I mention he was nominated the worst governor in the country? Worse than Arnie, and that's though to beat.
I guess nominated is something different than winning...if had won it you would have mentioned it.

IMO Jeb Bush was way better!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I think this calls for another round of bailouts for AIM, GMAC, and Fannie! Let the good times roll and get people into the Soviet (er, I mean American) dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies