Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:55 AM
obo

916 posts, read 982,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
TORTURE?? ARE WE EVEN ASKING THIS QUESTION??

THIS

OR THIS

WHO DO WE NEED TO PROTECT?? If we gotta pour some water in the face of the guy in the second picture to protect the person in the first picture....sign me up.
I'm with you too. I'll be next in line to sign up as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,494,530 times
This is what a real man looks like !

Medal of Honor Recipient, "Bud" Day Speaks of Torture

I got shot down over N. Vietnam in 1967, a Sqdn. Commander.
After I returned in 1973...I published 2 books that dealt a lot with "real torture" in Hanoi .
Our make believe president is branding our country as a bunch of torturers when he has no idea what torture is.

As for me, put thru a mock execution because I would not respond... pistol whipped on the head...same event..
Couple of days later... hung by my feet all day.
I escaped and a couple of weeks later, I got shot and recaptured. Shot was OK...what happened afterwards was not.

They marched me to Vinh...put me in the rope trick,...almost pulled my arms out of the sockets. Beat me on the head with a little wooden rod until my eyes were swelled shut, and my unshot, unbroken hand a pulp.

Next day hung me by the arms...rebroke my right wrist...
wiped out the nerves in my arms that control the hands...
rolled my fingers up into a ball. Only left the slightest movement of my Little forefinger. So I started answering with some incredible lies.

Sent me to Hanoi strapped to a barrel of gas in the back of a truck.

Hanoi.. on my knees....rope trick again...Beaten by a big fool.

Into leg irons on a bed in Heartbreak Hotel.

Much kneeling--hands up at Zoo.

Really bad beating for refusing to condemn Lyndon Johnson.

Several more kneeling events. I could see my knee bone thru kneeling holes.

There was an escape from the annex to the Zoo. I was the Senior Officer of a large building because of escape...they started a mass torture of all commanders.

I think it was July 7, 1969...they started beating me with a car fan belt. In first 2 days I took over 300 strokes...then stopped counting because I never thought I would live thru it.

They continued day-night torture to get me to confess to a nonexistent part in the escape. This went on for at least 3 days. On my knees.... fan belting...cut open my ******* with fan belt stroke, opened up both knee holes again. My fanny looked like hamburger...I could not lie on my back.

They tortured me into admitting that I was in on the escape...
and that my 2 room-mates knew about it.

The next day I denied the lie.

They commenced torturing me again with 3- 6- or 9 strokes of the fan belt every day from about July 11 or 12th..to 14 October 1969. I continued to refuse to lie about my roommates again.

Now, the point of this is that our make-believe president
has declared to the world that we (U.S..) are a bunch of torturers...Thus it will be OK to torture us next time when they catch us....because that is what the U.S. does.

Our make-believe president is a know nothing fool who thinks that pouring a little water on some one's face, or hanging a pair of women's pants over an Arabs head is TORTURE.
He is a meathead.

I just talked to MOH holder Leo Thorsness, who was also in my squadron, in jail...as was John McCain...and we agree that McCain does not speak for the POW group when he claims
that Al Gharib was torture...or that "water boarding" is torture.

Our president and those fools around him who keep bad mouthing our great country are a disgrace to the United States.
Please pass this info on to Sean Hannity. He is free to use it to point out the stupidity of the claims that water boarding...which has no after effect...is torture.
If it got the Arab to cough up the story about how he planned the attack on the twin towers in NYC....hurrah for the guy who poured the water.

"Bud" Day, Medal Of Honor Recipient

George Everett "Bud" Day (born February 24, 1925) is a retired U.S. Air Force Colonel and Command Pilot who served during the Vietnam War. He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S. service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions in combat. Day is a recipient of the Medal of Honor.
--------------

[

Last edited by citizenkane2; 11-10-2009 at 11:35 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM

That's torture....

Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,375,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Still getting your news from pretty pictures?

That's your take. And it hasn't been shown to be very reliable.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,852,869 times
It is NEVER right for the USA to torture their prisoners, PERIOD.
Honorable Men Do Not Torture Their Prisoners.
Casper

Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,251,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You obviously didnt read the link from the OP

The CIA being out of the torture business
The CIA is still in the interrogation business, but the article the OP references, which obviously YOU didn't read, specifically states that it is to be within legal guidelines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Ahh nope.. no complaint about using torture, I mean "extraordinary renditions" against our enemies, I'm complaining about being lied to..
Gotta show me the "lie" before I can judge it there Ace.

Quote:
You must be behind the times on your information. One of the big objections to the previous administration is that he sent individuals to other countries to be tortured, I mean "extraordinary renditions"
Bush defends rendition of detainees to torture regimes
No sir. I acknowledge that this part still seems suspect, but as usual in your all or nothing world, you want to judge this as "nothing's changed".

Disingenuous much?

Quote:
Yep business as usual. We didnt torture, we used "extraordinary reditioning" against our enemies, and sent them to other countries to be "tortured", thereby not violating any laws. Obama DOING THE SAME..
LOL!!! And YOU are saying I am "behind on the times and my information"?? This is the MOST laughable comment I've seen here in weeks!!! Waterboarding IS torture genius!!! We also have quite a few pictures and witness accounts that other beautiful forms of torture were going on at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo.....

The Cheney Whitehouse violated PLENTY of international laws in their treatment of detainees.

But yeah, keep spewing this B.S. if it makes you feel better.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is NEVER right for the USA to torture their prisoners, PERIOD.
Honorable Men Do Not Torture Their Prisoners.
Casper

We don't. We make them uncomfortable..... Torture is whAt I just posted for you. WE DON'T DO THAT.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,852,869 times
Quote:
We don't. We make them uncomfortable..... Torture is whAt I just posted for you. WE DON'T DO THAT.
So if I was doing that to you mother wife or child it would not be torture in your opinion, thanks for clearing that up. How about if I put a plastic bag over their head until they almost pass out, that ok also?
Casper

Old 11-10-2009, 12:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,126,235 times
Quote:
We don't. We make them uncomfortable.....
Exactly. Water-boarding is uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable.

Many members of our Armed Forces undergo certain of these ... "procedures", including water boarding in order to help prepare them on the chance they may be captured by the enemy.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,710,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Just as long as another country does it, and they PROMISE to not do it.

Of course anyone with the intellectual capacity of a tree squirrel knows the only reason to take these prisoners to a third country is to torture them off US soil.

The officials were describing recommendations from a task force that examined both interrogations and transfers of terror suspects to other countries for questioning; they said that President Obama had accepted all the proposals.

Details on the new unit were emerging on Monday as the Justice Department prepared to release details on prisoner abuse that were gathered in 2004 by the C.I.A.’s inspector general but have never been released.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/us...terrogate.html
I didn't think the word "torture" existed in your dictionary. Until now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies