Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
As I noted previously, you are incapable of an honest discussion. As for getting away, there is nothing to get away from. So rant away, but let's not pretend that you have anything of merit to offer.
I looked for something from you that had merit. Imagine my surprise that it wasnt here... Looks more like your own little rant..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:03 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Nope, you arent getting away with this one..

All you liberals did was jump up and down when the 911 attacks took place and blaming Bush for EVERYTHING. You arent getting a pass on this one at all. Yes, OBAMA did not stop a terrorists attack. If you are blaming Bush, then indeed Obama gets a similar blame..

the statement that any american rejoiced at the death of 3,000 shows your total ignorance. Stop looking for reasons to hate others and scream about security.

I am so tired of the hypocrisy. "Stay out of my life govt, leave us alone" but then interrogate everyone and arrest them if they call a muslim.

you scream for freedom but support the patriot act

Old 11-10-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Please, by all means point out where in the Constitution, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, or U.C. Code, where the government could have arrested, or detained Maj, Hasan for his "beliefs"?

I patiently await your response.

Seems like this question has merit to me. He is asking for facts.

Do conservatives even know what they support or do they just hate and oppose everything for the sake of it.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Please, by all means point out where in the Constitution, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, or U.C. Code, where the government could have arrested, or detained Maj, Hasan for his "beliefs"?

I patiently await your response.
Its a crime to associate with terrorists organizations. Exchanging emails are indeed an "association".. If I recall we have had american citizens charged with similar crimes. (Bryant Neal Vinas being one) There also exist racketeering laws among several others that could have been charged.

My only hope is that the man was allowed to continue with his "contacts" which were being monitors for the sake of gathering additional information for intelligence.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:09 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Bush blamed the Muslims like Hitler blamed the Jews.

It was Reitchstag Redux.
Whoah! Did the European Jews fly planes into some German skyscrapers? Did they blow up buildings across Europe because their countrymen refused to keep kosher? Did they rape all the women who walked around not wearing wigs? Boy, those conservative teachers in my day sure were covering up the real history, because we never got taught any of that . . . Yes, Muslims are just as innocent and victimized and helpless as Jews ever were!

Blech. You know, the Muslims never shrink from stealing other people's histories or status. It began with the Bible, when they claimed that Ishmael was to be sacrificed and not Isaac. It continues to this day, when they claim to be "brutalized" though anyone with a brain knows who the real perps are in the Middle East. Really pretty pathetic, and guess what, ergohead, you don't HAVE TO believe the lies.

Last edited by chattypatty; 11-10-2009 at 10:29 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
the statement that any american rejoiced at the death of 3,000 shows your total ignorance. Stop looking for reasons to hate others and scream about security.
Where the HELL did I say anything close to americans rejoicing? God, postings like this indeed have me wondering if liberals have a screw loose or something..
Quote:
I am so tired of the hypocrisy. "Stay out of my life govt, leave us alone" but then interrogate everyone and arrest them if they call a muslim.
The man contacted a terrorists who happened to be a muslim, and the fact that you linked "terrorists to muslim" proves the OPs point..
Quote:
you scream for freedom but support the patriot act
Project much about what you THINK other people support?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:13 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
I looked for something from you that had merit. Imagine my surprise that it wasnt here... Looks more like your own little rant..
You have to give something of merit in order to receive it.

I asked a simple question, do you honestly believe that law enforcement's prior knowledge of, an American citizen beliefs is on the same par as ignoring the repeated warnings of the head of counter-terrorism about intelligence of an imminent attack?

Instead of answering the question, you chose to scream about "not getting away" with this one, whatever that is suppose to mean, and in response to that you expected, what?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Well obviously the destruction of 911 was greater, but this indeed is a fair comparison because in this instance, they knew who, what, where etc, but 911 they did not have alot of the data yet. If you want to pretend that this doesnt hold any value for discussion because the guy didnt set off a nuclear weapon to take out more casulties thats your right to pretend, but that doesnt mean this wasnt a terrorist attack and that our "network" has failed to protect individuals. The argument that this is worse, can probably be made simply based upon their failure to take actions on the obvious. Not sure if I agree with the argument, but I do understand it.
What actions did you want the government to take? Arrest Hasan for exercising his right of free speech? Or 24/7 surveillance? Do you think the government has the resources to do 24/7 surveillance on every person whose actions mirrored Hasan's?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
I think you're purposely not following this so you can remain intellectually dishonest. The govt. blew this one because they didn't want to offend anyone is my point. The other point about the Holocaust shooter is that you all jumped right to conclusions about him being a RWE and not just some nut job, but in this case, there is more knowledge about Hasan's true intent, but you chalk it up as just a simple nut bag. You people are simply amazing and very, very dangerous I might add by your intentional dishonesty and ***** footing on serious issues.
Again, your argument was not logical, and your attacking my "honesty" doesn't further your argument.

Your assertion that the government didn't want to offend anyone is not supported by the facts. The facts are that the government has to evaluate thousands and thousands of potential threats, and that there wasn't any indication that Hasan was likely to take guns on to the military base where he worked and open fire. He never said in any of his posts that he planned to do this.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Whoah! Did the European Jews fly planes into some German skyscrapers? Did they blow up buildings across Europe because their countrymen refused to keep kosher? Did the rape all the women who walked around not wearing wigs? Boy, those conservative teachers in my day sure were covering up the real history, because we never got taught any of that . . . Yes, Muslims are just as innocent and victimized and helpless as Jews ever were!

Blech. You know, the Muslims never shrink from stealing other people's histories or status. It began with the Bible, when they claimed that Ishmael was to be sacrificed and not Isaac. It continues to this day, when they claim to be "brutalized" though anyone with a brain knows who the real perps are in the Middle East. Really pretty pathetic, and guess what, ergohead, you don't HAVE TO believe the lies.

you are grouping an entire religion based on actions of a few. you know christians kill people to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies