Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What actions did you want the government to take? Arrest Hasan for exercising his right of free speech? Or 24/7 surveillance? Do you think the government has the resources to do 24/7 surveillance on every person whose actions mirrored Hasan's?

Why do we allow muslims here in the first place? I realize he was born here, but his parents were not.

It wasnt till after WW2 that we decided to open this country's flood gates to muslims. And now we are paying for it.

9/11 would not have happened if muslims would have not come to this country in the first place. Stop feeling sorry for people that hate us, or at the very least, indifferent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Political correctness is an oxymoron.

There's nothing correct about playing politics.

Being straightforward is how everyone should be that way you'd know where you stand immediately.

Not bother with some half-assed bite your tongue in front of the "you know who" so you don't hurt their feelings garbage.

It's called being tactful. If you can't be tactful why lean on being politically correct?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Nope, you arent getting away with this one..

All you liberals did was jump up and down when the 911 attacks took place and blaming Bush for EVERYTHING. You arent getting a pass on this one at all. Yes, OBAMA did not stop a terrorists attack. If you are blaming Bush, then indeed Obama gets a similar blame..
I don't think Bush was blamed for EVERYTHING, as you put it. Later, after the shock and grieving wore off, it came to people's attention that Bush had been warned something like 9/11 could happen. This situation is entirely different. I do not believe Obama was given any warnings that a wacko shrink was planning a shooting. I heard a very interesting story about Hasan on NPR this morning.

http://www.npr.org/templates/archive....php?thingId=3

See "Former Colleagues say Hasan was Detached"

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
It has become extremely obvious that this administration has weakened our security of this country after the shooting at Ft. Hood. Homeland Security, CIA and FBI all knew that this terrorist was reaching out to Al Qaeda and the Imam in Yemen but failed to do anything at all about it. This is worse than Bush supposedly knowing about 911 because in this case they had an individual pegged, knew where he was and what he was up to and still FAILED! Bleeding Heart Liberal Political Correctness and the stupidity of the administration going after the CIA for doing their jobs is to blame here. Be prepared for more of this kind of thing to happen. Obama doesn't have what it takes to be serious about this, he is going to get more US citizens killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
No I wasn't making that comaprison. The comparison I was making is that you libs like to say that Bush knew "something by someone" might happen, but had no idea who or where. In this case, the govt. knew who this guy was, what he was up to and who he was communicating with and DID NOTHING!
Oh, give it a rest. See DC at the Ridge's post.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
ummm they had the 911 hijackers on radar too
So.......

There must be a point here, somewhere.

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I asked a simple question, do you honestly believe that law enforcement's prior knowledge of, an American citizen beliefs is on the same par as ignoring the repeated warnings of the head of counter-terrorism about intelligence of an imminent attack?
You dont get arrested for "beliefs" you get arrested for action, this hasnt changed before, during, or after the Bush administration even if you believe it to be true.

The man contacted terrorists groups, violating laws. PERIOD. thats all I need to know.. I am not going to second guess why he was allowed to continue to violate the laws, perhapse he was allowed to continue so the intelligence community can gather information, I dont know and I'm not going to project "reasoning" behind the FBI/CIA. You can pretend to know all about everything in life but that doesnt change the fact that the man took ACTIONS, not beliefs.. This of course will never change the fact that you believe an attack was "imminent" during the Bush years, but your beliefs seem to never be factual.
Quote:
Instead of answering the question, you chose to scream about "not getting away" with this one, whatever that is suppose to mean, and in response to that you expected, what?
Lets review your posting then for the sake of pointing out accuracy.
Quote:
Obama's non action? Are you honestly... strike that, you never argue anything honestly.
You must have meant this as an opening to want to have an honest intelligent discussion. Sure looks like your mind was made up before I responded..
Quote:
Do you think that we are so stupid as to pretend that the head of counter-terrorism was insisting that President Obama call a meeting of the national security principles to review the pressing issue of Maj, Nidal Hasan, as Richard Clarke attempted to do with President Bush regarding a NIE warning of an imminent attack in the months prior to 9/11?
Where did I make such a claim? Pretending I said stuff I didnt say must have been you extending a hand to open up another civil discussion. But lets continue with this.

Should the president of the country, open up a discussion with national security principles to discuss the fact that a US Citizen had contact with terrorists organizations and to discuss such things as method of contacts, locations, and conversations? YES, absolutely positively YES. These emails contain header information which provides information liek LOCATIONS of individuals sending emails. ABSOLUTELY meetings should have been put together to discuss tracking down more terrorists. Rather than acknowledge this, you want to spin this into, "its not worthy", which confirms the OP's comment..
Quote:
Do you seriously think that the existence of an Army shrink, with no access to planes, tanks, missiles, biological or atomic weapons rose to the level that it required presidential attention?
prior to 911 terrorists didnt have access to planes, they TOOK THEM.. they also didnt have the other garbage so I'm not sure why you added it into the equation other than to show you went into lala land.

You dont think contact with terrorists organization to help in gathering information to root out further terrorism is worthy of attention?
Quote:
We aren't the fools that you take us for.
I didnt think you were a fool, I thought you were a partisan liberal without sense of reality. But now that you bring up the fool argument, who doesnt understand that contact information provides a way for CIA/FBI to find and locate more terrorists, I'll have to maybe think about your terminology again..

obo obo started this thread

916 posts, read 985,862 times
Quote:
Please, by all means point out where in the Constitution, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, or U.C. Code, where the government could have arrested, or detained Maj, Hasan for his "beliefs"?

I patiently await your response.
Yeah??? You are really asking such a dumb question? I think the right to take action is there when this person believes that killing in the name of Allah is acceptable. I think in the Constitution it says something about protecting the country AND the Constitution itself from foreign and domestic enemies? I could be wrong, but I do think it says that somewhere.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Provide a link showing he contacted terrorist groups. He contacted some people, individually. Do keep in mind, there were concerns about him during his residency at Walter Reed Army Hospital, which was prior to the Obama administration, if you're going play the blame game.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why do we allow muslims here in the first place? I realize he was born here, but his parents were not.

It wasnt till after WW2 that we decided to open this country's flood gates to muslims. And now we are paying for it.

9/11 would not have happened if muslims would have not come to this country in the first place. Stop feeling sorry for people that hate us, or at the very least, indifferent.
Yes, a country that supposedly is built on the foundation of freedom, including the freedom of religion, should, obviously, regulate immigration based on immigrant's religious beliefs. The ultimate hypocrisy.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What actions did you want the government to take? Arrest Hasan for exercising his right of free speech? Or 24/7 surveillance? Do you think the government has the resources to do 24/7 surveillance on every person whose actions mirrored Hasan's?
I actually expected the government do what they did.. Monitor emails, (using that old Patriot Act that you liberals all hated) and to use the contacted information to find and locate more terrorists. Should he have been arrested? Dont know, I wasnt privy to the conversations that took place but to pretend Obama wasnt notified is just foolish.

Government should monitor, locate, then kills the terrorists, followed by the arrest of Hasan for VIOLATING laws, which he did violate.

This doesnt mean that the comparison between 911 is flawed because in order for the comparison to be flawed, people would have to argue that we were not monitoring for terrorists attacks back then. We all know thats not true.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
obo obo started this thread

916 posts, read 985,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think Bush was blamed for EVERYTHING, as you put it. Later, after the shock and grieving wore off, it came to people's attention that Bush had been warned something like 9/11 could happen. This situation is entirely different. I do not believe Obama was given any warnings that a wacko shrink was planning a shooting. I heard a very interesting story about Hasan on NPR this morning.

Morning Edition : NPR

See "Former Colleagues say Hasan was Detached"

Oh, give it a rest. See DC at the Ridge's post.

Oh please Katiana, your type of liberal puss*y footing is what is getting people killed. Stop with the bleeding heart PC garbage, it's not working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies