Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 05:47 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He's got issues, doesn't he?
Darn straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 AM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have rarely encountered anyone who hates education so much.
Ignorance is so much more expensive in every way.
I don't know. I have multiple degrees. I love education. That being said...I don't completely disagree with that particular statement. I find that many of these professors, especially those from the more "prestigious" colleges, are elitist a$$es. Many throw tantrums if you disagee with them (either outright or in passive-aggressive sense) as they are so much smarter for having a career in education. Unfortunately...many have no REAL experience in the fields they are considered experts in. This opinion is based on experience and education.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Sounds like a drunk committing a simple assault. Give him a fine and toss him in the local jail for a couple of weeks. The people he hit should sue his ass off.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:02 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Sounds like a drunk committing a simple assault. Give him a fine and toss him in the local jail for a couple of weeks. The people he hit should sue his ass off.
This has no racial implications to you?

Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
What if the professor was white and he hit a black woman? There would be marching in the streets. Obama would go on TV and condemn it. I guess since white people do not take to the streets it's ok to hit them or so the media thinks. I have a hard time thinking the media is only doing it to keep people from losing it when they report whites hitting blacks so much.

It's a double standard, not sure when it will end.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,731 times
He should be charged with a Race Crime.
Oh wait he can't, he is not white.
If I was her father, I'd break every bone in his legs.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What if the professor was white and he hit a black woman? There would be marching in the streets. Obama would go on TV and condemn it. I guess since white people do not take to the streets it's ok to hit them or so the media thinks. I have a hard time thinking the media is only doing it to keep people from losing it when they report whites hitting blacks so much.

It's a double standard, not sure when it will end.

Here I will play along with the ignorance. Provide link, comment or video of marching in the streets, comments by the President. I'll wait.
FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime - CNN.com

Try to use a little common sense with your discussion instead of stooping to the typical race baiting rhetoric. I will conceed to the fact that the media tends to blow up these stories, i will also conceed to the fact that you have the loud mouths of Sharpton and Jackson jumping in, but these two instances, NOTHING. The continued BS Rhetoric and the attempt to re-write what occured during the Gates farce will continue to be a failed attempt to write history.

So, please provide comments by the President for this former sevice member assault by a white man in front of her child.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
He should be charged with a Race Crime.
Oh wait he can't, he is not white.
If I was her father, I'd break every bone in his legs.

Please stop with the B Shyt...Blame the Prosecutors if a crime commited is blatant racial and they refuse to prosecute. I just read the story again, this guy was a complete idiot, nothing this woman could have said to him could excuse putting his hands on her NOTHING. He deserve the EXACT same justice as the gentleman that beat up the woman infront of her child.
Everytime something happens that involves Blacks period, there are threads concerning Obama should speak up. I much rather he focus on Jobs, the Economy and Healthcare, to step into that pit of answering stupid questions by race baiting reporters is just that STUPID. Leave local business to the local government and focus on National issues.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Anyone who lays their hands on anyone else in anger is a stupid idiot but then if they were smart they wouldn't be beating on anyone to begin with. Is it because of race? Would they still hit the person if it involved their own race? Probably, they are IDIOTS.

I don't know what happened with the Cracker Barrel guy but the professor hit the women because they were talking about a race topic and he lost it. I'm glad Obama did not address it though and I agree, there are more important things to worry about as president plus he also learned a lesson with the beer summit. I think the president was out of the country when it happened anyway.

It would be equal though if Obama did say something since he said something about the Cambridge incident.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
This professor is one...now list the other many that your referring too. This has to be the most ignorant statement you've ever made and believe me you've made a lot of them.
My opinions are based on things that I hear and see from many sources. I see and hear things on television. I hear things on the radio. I read things in newspapers and on the Internet and I experience things in my own life.

You are correct. I mentioned one. Here's another one. My neighbor who is black owed some money to a friend of mine. My friend kept asking him for the money. It was only a couple hundred dollars. One day while asking for the money my friend became extremely frustrated and said something this black man felt was disrespecting him so he physically assulted and battered my friend. This was no shoving match. There were lacerations and blood. My friend is approaching 60 with a bad back. My black neighbor is in his 30's and very fit. It was not a fair fight.

My neighbor explained to me that he had to do what he did because his kids were there visiting him. I tried to explain to him that you do not physically assault and batter someone because of something they say. Not only is it illegal but there could be far worse consequences such as injury or death. I told him that this was not the example that he should be setting for his kids. The fact that his kids were visiting is a good reason to refrain from physical violence just because someone says something that you don't like.

He seemed to understand. However, he subsequently went to my friend and used the same excuse. He said that he had to do it because his kids were there. This no-brain actually does believe that physical violence is justified when someone says something that disrespects him. He still believes this and, worse, it's what he's teaching his kids.

Also, I heard recently on the news that a black man shot and killed another black man. The reason given was that the dead man had disrespected the shooter. I don't remember the names.

So don't come in here and tell me I'm ignorant when I say that many black men feel this way. I did not say all or even most. I said many. I am correct. Now go ahead and tell me what else I have said that you think is not correct.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies