Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Eating Meat Products and Wearing Fur Inhuman and should it be stopped?
Yes - eating meat and wear fur is inhumane and should be stopped 3 5.36%
No - neither practice is inhumane. Animals were put on earth for these purposes 29 51.79%
Divided - Eating Meat is fine - Wearing Furs should be stopped 22 39.29%
Undecided at this time 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You are 100 percent right.
Actually, she is NOT 100% right.

But heck - what the hell

Old 11-10-2009, 09:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I laugh in your general direction.

I can find laws that are on the books RIGHT now that disagree with you.

And hey, abortion is MY right and it is PERFECTLY legal.

Women will NEVER be denied THAT right, my dear.
I've got my popcorn and pepsi, and am awaiting the revelation of the laws you're speaking of.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 PM

403 posts, read 534,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Harvesting animals for fur and pelts has been, is, and will remain, legal - in the United States and the entire world.\

I love my Leather Car Seats, Leather shoes, Leather Motorcycle Jackets, Leather Saddles for our horses, etc.

So, your overly dramatic and totally unrealistic statements aside, those people, all over the world, who want to purchase and wear Leather and Fur are in NO DANGER whatsoever of being denied that RIGHT.
dont speak of the future like you're a prophet. you have no idea what will remain legal & you have no idea how the majority people will feel about anything next week let alone 5 years from now.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,476,682 times
Quote:
Nope - I'm right - in as much as Meat will remain LEGAL - killing the cows will remain legal - harvesting the hide for leather will remain legal etc

OBTW - Abortion will remain legal - but, limitations on abortions will, and are, happening such as waiting periods
I'm talking about fur, not meat, and you know it. Nice try, though.

Aw, are you scared that the U.S. will follow England, Scotland, and Wales - who have already outlawed fur farms?

OBTW - Not that I've heard. But I guess if you're for abortion limitations, you must also be for limitations on where and how much fur is purchased.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
OBTW - Not that I've heard. But I guess if you're for abortion limitations, you must also be for limitations on where and how much fur is purchased.
Oh, Fur Farms! Gotcha. Not the wearing of fur though. Gotcha.

Yeah - in AZ (and other states), we not have a waiting period of 24 hours from a request for abortion before the procedure. In depth discussion about alternatives to abortion. And, if its a minor requesting the abortion, there now has to be parental / guardian consent.

As for fur - you kill the animal for mean - you get the hide - you get the fur.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I've got my popcorn and pepsi, and am awaiting the revelation of the laws you're speaking of.
Well pull up a chair to the news channel, because it's already happened in multiple countries.

And considering the U.S. is usually on the forefront of Animal Welfare progress, you can bet it will be happening here, soon.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 PM

634 posts, read 1,419,319 times
Quote:

LOL, I hear that.

It'd sora be like anti-gun people marching to gun owners homes to collect guns .. and arming themselves with a wooden stick for protection.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, Fur Farms! Gotcha. Not the wearing of fur though. Gotcha.

Yeah - in AZ (and other states), we not have a waiting period of 24 hours from a request for abortion before the procedure. In depth discussion about alternatives to abortion. And, if its a minor requesting the abortion, there now has to be parental / guardian consent.

As for fur - you kill the animal for mean - you get the hide - you get the fur.
If you have already killed the animal for meat, and have done so humanely, I can accept that.

I don't like it, but I can accept it.

Unfortunately, most of the world's fur is NOT obtained in the US, so the chances of a humane killing (if there is such a thing) are slim.

I, personally, will not wear any fur whatsoever.

A waiting period is not a terrible idea. What IS terrible is so-called "counselors" who try to indoctrinate any non-Christian into their Bible-beating views, and manipulate young women into making decisions under duress. Show me ONE place with a waiting period that does NOT do that.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Well pull up a chair to the news channel, because it's already happened in multiple countries.

And considering the U.S. is usually on the forefront of Animal Welfare progress, you can bet it will be happening here, soon.
Sorry, no got cable. You're going to have to put your money where your mouth is.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Sorry, no got cable. You're going to have to put your money where your mouth is.
No problem. I post nothing I can't back up.

"England, Scotland, and Wales, have recently outlawed fur farms. During debates about fur farms in the United Kingdom in December 2000, government minister Elliot Morley stated:

" 'Fur farming is not consistent with the proper value and respect for animal life. This is a moral issue that goes beyond welfare considerations. In the 21st century, animals should not be killed just for the business of stripping their skins off their backs ... In a modern society there should be room for Government to make ethical decisions and it is right and proper for the Government to have introduced this ban.'"

The Fur Farm Fallacy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.