Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,432,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Ugh..make your point in another thread..This is not the "How will we pay for _______" thread.

You wont be fned if you already have healthcare and if you claim you dont want healthcare, you're being dishonest. People send there children to public school because it's free and it's what they know.

If there were NO TAXES most Americans still couldn't afford either private healthcare or private schools. Taxes are a conveinent excuse many things but illogical in this matter.

No public school is NOT free. It is paid for by the taxpayers. I pay over $7000 per year in school taxes where I live if I did not have to pay that I would be able to afford private school so NO taxes are anything but a convenient excuse. It is a very big reason.

Why should I have to pay a fine if I let my coverage laps. If I want to go 3 months or a year withhold insurance I should not be fined for that. It is my right to not have it if I don't want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No public school is NOT free. It is paid for by the taxpayers. I pay over $7000 per year in school taxes where I live if I did not have to pay that I would be able to afford private school so NO taxes are anything but a convenient excuse. It is a very big reason.

Why should I have to pay a fine if I let my coverage laps. If I want to go 3 months or a year withhold insurance I should not be fined for that. It is my right to not have it if I don't want it.
Your well-funded area school system keeps your property value high. not to mention you're turning out the Leaders of Tomorrow. If your school system isnt up to par get involved with the school board and demand better quality.

You dont have to have insurance if you dont want it, just no one else should have to pay your catastrophic emergency room bills, God forbid.

You scorn people on welfare, right? Living off others? Same thing, just reversed.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:50 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,432,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Your well-funded area school system keeps your property value high. not to mention you're turning out the Leaders of Tomorrow. If your school system isnt up to par get involved with the school board and demand better quality.

You dont have to have insurance if you dont want it, just no one else should have to pay your catastrophic emergency room bills, God forbid.

You scorn people on welfare, right? Living off others? Same thing, just reversed.
No I don't score people on welfare unless it is because of sheer laziness. Everyone can have a time where they need help, no problem with that. I do however have a problem when I am being forced to purchase something that will not affect anyone else but me and my family. There should be an opt-out option. If I don't want insurance I should not be required to buy it.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No I don't score people on welfare unless it is because of sheer laziness. Everyone can have a time where they need help, no problem with that. I do however have a problem when I am being forced to purchase something that will not affect anyone else but me and my family. There should be an opt-out option. If I don't want insurance I should not be required to buy it.
If you'll be able to pay cash at undiscounted levels for your catastrophic care in the emergency room and for all its followups, that's great. Te salud Don Corleone. Paying the annual tax for that privilege shouldnt bother you then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies