Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 03:50 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You do realize liberals aren't the only ones to have abortions, right?

The amendment that was tacked on to the House health care bill bans women from obtaining abortions in their own PRIVATE health insurance plans.

Why can't conservatives let women and their doctors make their own health care choices?
Why can't conservatives focus on something MORE PRODUCTIVE like preventing unplanned/unwanted pregnancies?

I don't understand this whole "limited government" mantra. You want limited government yet you want to tell women if they can have an abortion and tell people who they can and cannot marry....among other things.

In their own private plans that are subsidized by tax payer dollars?

As of right now you can get all the abortions you like. You simply have to pay for them without my tax dollars.

Conservatives aren't there when you're taking you panties off and have no leagal standing to interfer with you, or anyone else, getting knocked up. Women get knocked up because they don't bother to take the pill or use a barrier method of contraception. The incidence of BC failure and pregnancy due to rape and incest are as rare as a woman carrying a dead fetus. More excuses for being careless because abortion is always there as the BC of last option. No thank you. I don't want to help you murder your child because you can't be bothered with adult responsibilities.

Same stupid arguments as always. When the baby has your DNA it will be your body and you can do with it what you like. Sorry God made you a girl and gave you all that extra responsibility.

No one tells you who you can marry. The majority of the population have consistently said you may marry one person of the opposite sex. You can't marry a person of the same sex anymore than you can marry more than one person or a relative. Who are you to tell Mormons they can only have one wife? Who are you to tell a married couple they cannot marry a third person? Who are you to tell a mother and son they cannot marry?

What we're talking about is a few simple standards.

Marriage is a union between one man and one unrelated woman.

Don't murder your child.

That majority rule is a democratic principle. If you don't like it, why don't you find a new nation to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 04:00 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Since when did the United States become a theocracy?

Also, not every Christian is against abortion. I've known my fair share of Christians who have had abortions and I know plenty of pro-choice Christians.

Where were you Christians when the Iraq and Afghanistan War started? Plenty of innocent children are being killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why aren't you all up in arms about that?
Having served two tours in Iraq I did see children and innocent killed but it was because ISLAMIC TERRIORISTS were hiding behing them or forcing them to be used as cover how come you arent up in arms about that guess it doesnt fit your agenda.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You forget that the poor little defenseless embryos that must be protected by prolifers at all costs at birth morph and become infants of irresponsible parents who should take care of their own children and are derided by the same prolifers. The hypocrisy and double standard is truly astounding.
So you assume the worst about people. So you think you have to be born rich in order to make it. Why do you hate the poor

Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Under the new plan is pre-natal care and delivery covered??......it is covered under most private plans....then we pay for it....since according to repubs ALL pregnancies should be planned then why should we pay for all that VOLUNTARY crap?

Getting pregnant is like asking to be "sick" and have insurance pay for it.

Want to pay for elective cosmetic surgery? Well, that's what pregnancy is...elective.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
This is so obvious.

It remains absolutely appalling to me that the pro-death side so blithely ignores it.

It remains appalling to me that repubs are so sexually repressed and ignorant of the history of humankind.....people have always had sex and always will....why do Repubs think humans can create some Utopia where every pregnancy ends in a wanted healthy child with two responsible parents????

Or all men use condoms, don't rape anyone, and/or responsibly have vasectomies

Old 11-12-2009, 05:09 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you assume the worst about people. So you think you have to be born rich in order to make it. Why do you hate the poor
Don't twist my words, I was not using the word poor in that context. But you knew that.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Don't twist my words, I was not using the word poor in that context. But you knew that.
yoru words were.
You forget that the poor little defenseless embryos that must be protected by prolifers at all costs at birth morph and become infants of irresponsible parents who should take care of their own children and are derided by the same prolifers. The hypocrisy and double standard is truly astounding.

So you think its better to abort all children of irresponsible parents Rather than give them a chance to live. The hypocrisy of the left is you would rather kill them then give them a chance .
Seems the current president had pretty irresponsible parents.
And who decides who is a responsible parent.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
It's all about the babies. Are you of the stance that it's wrong to thing the baby would want to live and not be aborted? Or does the baby not count at all in this?

If they're not ready to be parents they shouldn't be having sex. It's called grow up.
See, here's the thing ... what you are advocating is taking a choice away ... you are saying that women, no matter what circumstances they may be under, or how they got pregnant, or what state the baby may be in, shall have that baby no matter what ... that's dictatorial and against the law. With your line of thinking, no babies would ever be born because you assume that always choose to abort. In case you haven't heard, millions of babies are born ... but you want millions more.

Get real and stay out of people's private affairs. It's gross.

Sex education is the key, but most of you anti-choicers don't believe in that either, which is even more gross.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
yoru words were.

So you think its better to abort all children of irresponsible parents Rather than give them a chance to live. The hypocrisy of the left is you would rather kill them then give them a chance .
Seems the current president had pretty irresponsible parents.
And who decides who is a responsible parent.
You completely misunderstood my post. A responsible parent is one who makes the best decision for their own family. Not the decision you would make, and not the decision I would make. The point I was trying to make was that the prolife movement is very concerned about what happens before a child is born, and not so much after. If the prolife movement was so concerned about children they would be supporting health reforms to ensure these children had better care. In fact they would be supporting all measures to ensure a child's quality of life is improved, but conservatives are the first to criticize govenment assistance for those that need it, yes some being those people who knew this was not the right time for them to have a baby. People who have abortion do so because they do not want to bring a child into the world at that moment in time. If they are encouraged or guilted to do so by the prolife movement, then where is the support for them after the baby is born? I am very against people using abortion as a means of birth control, I think it is irresponsible and lazy, BUT, it is a woman's choice to do so. If the prolife movement was so determined to prevent unwanted pregnancies, they would be rabidly pushing for sex ed when it is most needed, in high school.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Paying for abortions with taxpayer dollars has been been banned for many years.

I thought obama told us it would stay that way.

What's the fuss?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies