Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The Catholic church is pro-life and against the death penalty and against war.

Why are pro-choice/pro-abortion people against the death penalty? Kill an innocent baby but not a seriel killer who may kill more? Does that make sense?
Nope, and that's why I'm pro-choice and pro-death penalty. There are many pro-choice people out there that are just like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If you support the right to have an abortion you are pro abortion
talk about closing your eyes and refusing to look at the whole. supporting the right is CHOICE only. it is about personal privacy. many women who are pro choice that get pregnant take the pregnancy to term. it is their choice, their right to govern their own body without strangers putting their morality on them. are you ok with being labeled anti-choice? do you want other people and our government telling you you can't drink or smoke, eat fatty foods? should we not be able to dress the way we want, because someone might find it to their liking? no one is pro abortion. many people for choice would never have an abortion. your hard headed-ness is showing

Old 11-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Nope, and that's why I'm pro-choice and pro-death penalty. There are many pro-choice people out there that are just like me.
ditto

Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
talk about closing your eyes and refusing to look at the whole. supporting the right is CHOICE only. it is about personal privacy. many women who are pro choice that get pregnant take the pregnancy to term. it is their choice, their right to govern their own body without strangers putting their morality on them. are you ok with being labeled anti-choice? do you want other people and our government telling you you can't drink or smoke, eat fatty foods? should we not be able to dress the way we want, because someone might find it to their liking? no one is pro abortion. many people for choice would never have an abortion. your hard headed-ness is showing
If you support the right to choose abortion you are pro abortion.
The baby who is Killed din an abortion has no choice, that life is gone no choice . Yet pro abortionist are willing to dictate to the baby morality. its OK to kill because the mom has a right to choose to kill the baby. You certainly have put your morality on another. Going by my morality saves lives going by a pro abortionist morality kills. You decide which has the higher moral authority life or death
it is illegal to consume alcohol and drive they have laws for it. Drive and kill someone while using alcohol you certainly would find some laws in place , unless of course your Ted Kennedy .My eating fatty food will not kill another.

Anyone who supports the right to choose abortion is pro abortion, otherwise you would be pro life. if you want to claim a moral high ground on killing then feel free to do so.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
yep many like you are for killing babies while not killing murders.

I prefer to save all life, Put murderers away in prison so they can never get out do not save the pain of what their life would be by putting them to sleep. make them live their life never knowing one second of freedom.

Certainly lets stop killing the most innocent.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
If you support the right to choose abortion you are pro abortion.
The baby who is Killed din an abortion has no choice, that life is gone no choice . Yet pro abortionist are willing to dictate to the baby morality. its OK to kill because the mom has a right to choose to kill the baby. You certainly have put your morality on another. Going by my morality saves lives going by a pro abortionist morality kills. You decide which has the higher moral authority life or death
it is illegal to consume alcohol and drive they have laws for it. Drive and kill someone while using alcohol you certainly would find some laws in place , unless of course your Ted Kennedy .My eating fatty food will not kill another.

Anyone who supports the right to choose abortion is pro abortion, otherwise you would be pro life. if you want to claim a moral high ground on killing then feel free to do so.
I am far from pro abortion. you can paint pro choice people with your wide brush it doesn't make it so. abortion right or wrong is here to stay. legal or not. abortion must remain safe and legal otherwise we will have many, many women dead from back alley abortions. our personal opinions matter not.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I am far from pro abortion. you can paint pro choice people with your wide brush it doesn't make it so. abortion right or wrong is here to stay. legal or not. abortion must remain safe and legal otherwise we will have many, many women dead from back alley abortions. our personal opinions matter not.
There is a bottom line. If you are pro choice you are in favor of abortion which makes you pro abortion.
The term Pro choice is a PC semantic term only.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:02 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,227 times
Quote:
There is a bottom line. If you are pro choice you are in favor of abortion which makes you pro abortion.
The term Pro choice is a PC semantic term only.
And you wonder why people are growing tired of the religious right (and voting them out of power).

So do you believe in freedom? The freedom of choice? Do you keep an elderly spouse alive if the taxpayers have to pay for it? Do you believe in birth control plans (pills, getting your tubes tied, ect.)?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,240 times
Abortion is usually covered by most health insurance plans, or at least part of it is. However, in that situation the would-be-mother who did not use birth control or force her lover to use protection would have to pay for her mistake. If a government run program in which taxpayers chip into provides funds for abortion, it is almost like an easy way out of a pregnancy that is completely free of upfront charges, and means the mother has no financial penalty to encourage her to engage in safe sex practices. This is not only significant for birth control, but also to prevent the spread of STDs. Rape and cases where the mother's life could be in danger are naturally exceptions to my beliefs on the issue.. In that situation it would be out of her control, in which case I would not see a problem with public funds taking care of her abortion.

In any case, I am a Conservative, but I have not now, nor ever, used religion to justify my views on abortion, nor do I feel that it should ever be an illegal practice. Ironically, it was actually churches that ran the first abortion clinics after the clergy witnessed a few 'back-alley' abortions.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:36 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Abortion is usually covered by most health insurance plans, or at least part of it is. However, in that situation the would-be-mother who did not use birth control or force her lover to use protection would have to pay for her mistake. If a government run program in which taxpayers chip into provides funds for abortion, it is almost like an easy way out of a pregnancy that is completely free of upfront charges, and means the mother has no financial penalty to encourage her to engage in safe sex practices. This is not only significant for birth control, but also to prevent the spread of STDs. Rape and cases where the mother's life could be in danger are naturally exceptions to my beliefs on the issue.. In that situation it would be out of her control, in which case I would not see a problem with public funds taking care of her abortion.

In any case, I am a Conservative, but I have not now, nor ever, used religion to justify my views on abortion, nor do I feel that it should ever be an illegal practice. Ironically, it was actually churches that ran the first abortion clinics after the clergy witnessed a few 'back-alley' abortions.
I like your post. Your last sentence hit the nail on the head. You won't make the problem go away. Would you rather have it performed in a safe environment with trained doctors/professionals or in some unsafe 'back-alley' location?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies