Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
........tell people who they can and cannot marry.

So, you are o.k. with a man taking 14 wives, or 4 people marrying each other, or marrying their pets in order to pass on inheritances? Or carving out territories of Sharia Law in the States, where honor killings associated with marriage infidelity would be ignored (or condoned)?

Or you just proposing the government give you YOUR darling little preference ONLY?
If all 14 wives don't have a problem with the set-up, why not?
4 people marrying each other, why not?

You can't marry an animal because they can't give consent.

I fail to see the jump to Sharia Law. I don't speak conservatism down syndrome so I can't address this "point."

It isn't a PREFERENCE. Preference implies CHOICE and I didn't CHOOSE to be a lesbian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Please shoe me where it says this. If I am paying for private health insurance I most certainly can get an abortion so long as it is something I or my company have elected to cover.
SHOE you?

Oh...SHOW YOU....

Quote:
When the House narrowly passed the health care reform bill on Saturday night, it came with a steep price for women’s reproductive rights. Under pressure from anti-abortion Democrats and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, lawmakers added language that would prevent millions of Americans from buying insurance that covers abortions — even if they use their own money.

The restrictions would fall on women eligible to buy coverage on new health insurance exchanges. They are a sharp departure from current practice, an infringement of a woman’s right to get a legal medical procedure and an unjustified intrusion by Congress into decisions best made by patients and doctors.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/10/opinion/10tue1.html

Old 11-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
You don't seem to understand so I will explain why Christians get upset when UHC folks talk about wanting to fund abortions.

Christians feel that abortion is a sin, since you are killing an innocent child.

So right about here is where you start yelling at your monitor "WELL, Don't get one then!!!"

Don't worry, we won't. Are problem arise from the fact that if tax payer dollars (read, money from you and me) will be used to pay for medical care, even if it is some small amount like .00025 cents, each of us will end up paying for part of the medical care.

Now with this being true, if there is an abortion performed using public funds, then every taxpayer paid a small part for this abortion. In effect, this means that the government just forced Christians to pay for an abortion, something we know is a sin.

To summarize for Christians Abortion = Sin, Public Funds paying for Abortion = Government forced Sin.

Needless to say, my fellow Christians and myself are not to happy with the idea of being forced to pay for a sin.

Since when did the United States become a theocracy?

Also, not every Christian is against abortion. I've known my fair share of Christians who have had abortions and I know plenty of pro-choice Christians.

Where were you Christians when the Iraq and Afghanistan War started? Plenty of innocent children are being killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why aren't you all up in arms about that?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM

29 posts, read 112,720 times
Abortion is not health care!

Old 11-10-2009, 06:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Since when did the United States become a theocracy?

Also, not every Christian is against abortion. I've known my fair share of Christians who have had abortions and I know plenty of pro-choice Christians.

Where were you Christians when the Iraq and Afghanistan War started? Plenty of innocent children are being killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why aren't you all up in arms about that?
Girl,

You got it right. 100 percent spot on.

They all are pro life until you are out the womb. After that, see ya suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Really?! Can you not post a link to your photos!?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassidyT View Post
Why do they expect their US taxpayer neighbors to cough up funding for them for something like this???
Many abortions are necessary to save the life of the mother. These are medically necessary and should be covered under a medical plan.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:39 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,501 times
same reason you don't pay for your own bombs that blown up the brown people

Old 11-10-2009, 06:43 PM

432 posts, read 604,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Needless to say, my fellow Christians and myself are not to happy with the idea of being forced to pay for a sin.

Oh please. You had a decent post up until this stupid line.

Christians already fund STEALING (that's a sin as well, better get out your Bible and review the commandments). Every time someone is forced to give up some or all of the fruits of their own labor, it is THEFT.

Christians already fund WAR. (according to my understanding of the Bible, self defense is fine, but preemptive war would not be)

Christians should worry about the STEALING.. which makes almost all the other sins by gov't, in their name, possible.

I guarantee you that if abortion is excluded from the bill, and the HC reform by dems passes... it will not be long before abortion becomes an added service to the plan.

So if you are complaining about Christians paying for sin, you should be praying that HC reform doesn't get passed either way, b.c it is just another form of theft.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Really?! Can you not post a link to your photos!?
We have been blasted with posters and signs depicting ugly abortions by protesters. I want the "pro-lifers" to see the other side-just as ugly!

Many abortions are done to save the lives of the mother. Dr. Tiller did many late term abortions on babies that had no hope and were already dying in the womb due to massive genetic abnormalities. When a baby dies in the womb, the mother's life is at high risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies