Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:52 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Abortion being legal and available hasn't placed a dent in the criminal population. I know of folks who could have been aborted (myself included) who grew up to be well-adjusted, law-abiding citizens. I know of babies that were wanted and grew up to live a life of crime. Actually, our crime rates have gone up significantly since Roe vs Wade - correlation maybe? Seems that life isn't sacred anymore and now more and more folks are getting murdered for trivial nonsense. No ... abortion hasn't made a positive impact in terms of reduced crime.

By the way, what do you mean "should have been an abortion"? Are you trying to imply that a woman who wanted their child should have had an abortion? I thought you pro-choicers believe that it is the woman's choice only that matters ...
There was a period of time were abortions were hard to get and the crack probelm was in full swing many of those same kids are the ones that are occupying our prisons and cemetaries.

You got it backwards, "women who DID NOT want" to be pregnant but for whatever reason had to keep and raise a child that they did not want in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Abortion being legal and available hasn't placed a dent in the criminal population. I know of folks who could have been aborted (myself included) who grew up to be well-adjusted, law-abiding citizens. I know of babies that were wanted and grew up to live a life of crime. Actually, our crime rates have gone up significantly since Roe vs Wade - correlation maybe? Seems that life isn't sacred anymore and now more and more folks are getting murdered for trivial nonsense. No ... abortion hasn't made a positive impact in terms of reduced crime.

By the way, what do you mean "should have been an abortion"? Are you trying to imply that a woman who wanted their child should have had an abortion? I thought you pro-choicers believe that it is the woman's choice only that matters ...
One other thing, I think alot of this is a matter of perspective. If you grew up in a middle class or wealthy area your view of abortion would be drastically different then someone who lives in dire proverty and despair. How can a white middle class man/women living away from the harsh realities of a poor minority who in most cases is surviving day to day? This is why I cannot judge a woman for what she feels that she has to do to get by.........Only her God can do that

Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
But it isn't widely practiced or accepted in the US. Do you support segregation? The Supreme Court had at one time ruled in favor of it so I guess it was ok back then.
No I don't but I still see it being practice today, the only difference is that it is done in a more suttle manner

Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I do not support the death penalty nor abortion. No hypocrisy there.
Unfortunately many anti-abortionist do. Your views proably makes you a minority

Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Unfortunately many anti-abortionist do. Your views proably makes you a minority
Do you have any proof to backup that statement or are you just stereotyping?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
It doesn't matter how or why it is done today. The current government is wanting abortion to be legal for all stages of pregnancy and available at all health care facilities. Not going to happen when doctors will not do them or the facilities won't allow them to happen.

Doctors will quit first and facilities will close down.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Do you have any proof to backup that statement or are you just stereotyping?
I guess that I'm using something that many don't......common sense! the abortion process is a very uncomfortable and sometimes painful procedure, so on this line of thinking why in the hell would someone continue to have this procedure done when there are less painful methods of contrceptives available? Do assume that because someone has more than one it is used as a form of birth control? please see my earlier post if this was not made clear enough for you

Old 11-24-2009, 09:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
I guess that I'm using something that many don't......common sense! the abortion process is a very uncomfortable and sometimes painful procedure, so on this line of thinking why in the hell would someone continue to have this procedure done when there are less painful methods of contrceptives available? Do assume that because someone has more than one it is used as a form of birth control? please see my earlier post if this was not made clear enough for you
I was referring to the statement about me being in the minority because most pro-life folks are for the death penalty (paraphrase). Do you have proof of that statement?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
There was a period of time were abortions were hard to get and the crack probelm was in full swing many of those same kids are the ones that are occupying our prisons and cemetaries.

You got it backwards, "women who DID NOT want" to be pregnant but for whatever reason had to keep and raise a child that they did not want in the first place
No woman is forced to raise a child they do not want. They could have easily signed away their parental rights.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:07 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
No woman is forced to raise a child they do not want. They could have easily signed away their parental rights.
many women keep their children even when they don't want them. far too many don't sign away their parental rights. some even delude themselves into thinking they love their children while neglecting, beating or starving their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies