Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I was referring to the statement about me being in the minority because most pro-life folks are for the death penalty (paraphrase). Do you have proof of that statement?
Oh sorry about that, It was based on conversations and other posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
No woman is forced to raise a child they do not want. They could have easily signed away their parental rights.
To who? Do you realize that minority children are 2-3 times as likely to spend their whole childhoods in foster care compared to whites? This is usually the start of a dysfunctional childhood/adulthood.

Personally, I think that it is cruel to have a child a give it away to someone who does not have the biological ties and in many cases love that the child needs in order to live a productive life.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:57 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
To who? Do you realize that minority children are 2-3 times as likely to spend their whole childhoods in foster care compared to whites? This is usually the start of a dysfunctional childhood/adulthood.

Personally, I think that it is cruel to have a child a give it away to someone who does not have the biological ties and in many cases love that the child needs in order to live a productive life.
So having the unborn child torn apart limb by limb in an abortion procedure isn't cruel?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
So having the unborn child torn apart limb by limb in an abortion procedure isn't cruel?
I do not condone termination of a prenancy after the first trimester, before that the FETUS has no consciousness. But if you want the most basic answer no, compared to the living hell abandoned young girls have to go through before they reach adulthood.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
chat most abortions are first trimester, up until 8 weeks the fetus does not have arms and legs. at 8 weeks you stubs for arms start to develop but there are no legs.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
I do not condone termination of a prenancy after the first trimester, before that the FETUS has no consciousness. But if you want the most basic answer no, compared to the living hell abandoned young girls have to go through before they reach adulthood.
How do you know that the "fetus" does not have the capabilities to feel pain in the first trimester?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
How do you know that the "fetus" does not have the capabilities to feel pain in the first trimester?
JAMA -- Abstract: Fetal Pain: A Systematic Multidisciplinary Review of the Evidence, August 24/31, 2005, Lee et al. 294 (8): 947

Neurodevelopmental changes of fetal pain. [Semin Perinatol. 2007] - PubMed result

Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
not until the fetus reaches at least 23 weeks are there any pain receptors developed.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
They sell a kit for those pesky late periods. Women are taking charge of our own bodies. Women get together, and set things right for the "delayed menses." Yay women power. No men allowed.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
That is how I feel. I believe in woman's choice 100 percent in the first 3 or 4 months as well. ESPECIALLY in cases or rape and/or incest. No woman who was raped should EVER have to go through suffering so much mentally and physically for 9 months and more. I am VERY strongly against that. I could never look a woman who was raped in the eye and tell her that she MUST continue the pregnancy.

After that, I would be strongly against abortion unless there is danger to the mother and/or SERIOUS problems (like very BAD fetus defects or dead fetus).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies