Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 12:26 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,759,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
NICE 'NON' BIASED WEBSITE

you prove yourself to be a LIAR with that anti military website

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy10/pdf/summary.pdf (broken link)

Appropriated (“discretionary”) programs:
Defense (050) including cost of overseas contingency
operations .................................................. . 612 (fy08) 687 billion (fy09)

Veterans affairs ................................................ 47.8 billion

Mandatory programs:
Social Security ................................................ 675 billion
Medicare .................................................. ....... 425 billion
Medicaid .................................................. ........ 262 billion

Transportation.................................... ............... 70.5 billion

yes anyone anti military must be a liar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:27 PM

108 posts, read 265,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
oh yes senators never lie. you continue to ignore the money i have pointed out twice.

They lie all the time, and then they lie some more. That's why I don't want them in charge of health care. How 'bout you organick?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
You're absolutely right - assumptions were being made - I just find it interesting and amusing that there was nothing in the wording/syntax/context of the post that was overtly racist.

your quote was directly about things stereotypically attributed to African Americans.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,208,982 times
I personally don't believe it's a "right", as in an inalienable right, something fundamental to one's part in society.

However, I believe that it's a "should have" in America. Considering that other countries manage to offer it to their citizens, considering our wealth (and what we choose to spend our money on), I think it's a shame and embarrassing that the USA does not have universal health care already in place. I do feel it's a moral duty to get a better system than the current one that serves as a means to enrich a few at the expense of many.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
And that's why hospitals have payment plans. I was uninsured for the birth of my 2nd and 3rd children. Both hospitals knew that. They worked out a payment plan I could afford. It took a while but it got paid. As long as I paid something each month they were happy.

You seem to be having a hard time grasping this concept. No one owes you anything. It's not the governments job to take care of you.

That is your responsibility.

and you miss the idea that universal healthcare is not free not free not free not free not free so stop saying it. it eliminates huge profits for denying care and covers everyone not free not free

Old 11-12-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz1 View Post
They lie all the time, and then they lie some more. That's why I don't want them in charge of health care. How 'bout you organick?

and again ignore the rest of the statement.....your another brickwall i can no longer respond to

Old 11-12-2009, 12:32 PM

8,084 posts, read 15,104,194 times
Quote:
i am done replying to you. you are ignorant and have no valid point in your statements. I'm gonna make my keyboard last longer by ignoring your utter ignorance.
Mission accomplished.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:33 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,750,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
I believe it is a no brainer and it is the right of every American citizen every human but we will not even go there) to have their health and the ability to be treated by doctors etc.

What do you all feel about that?
If it is our right to be healthy then god is gonna get a lot of lawsuits.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM

108 posts, read 265,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I see... it's really about your wife getting paid in a timely manner.
Quote:
i am done replying to you. you are ignorant and have no valid point in your statements. I'm gonna make my keyboard last longer by ignoring your utter ignorance.
Yeah Rez, we've had it with your rational posts! Take a hike!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:35 PM

8,084 posts, read 15,104,194 times
Quote:
your quote was directly about things stereotypically attributed to African Americans.
In that case my racism needs work, cuz I pictured a fat white dude!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies