Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am a healthcare provider. Do you think you have a "right" to my labor?

Can you think of any "right" which has to be provided by someone else?
I thought you worked for a health care abuser, not a health care provider. Anyway, I don't care about your labor, I care about having more choices to go and avoid those health care abusers, if I wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 05:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I thought you worked for a health care abuser, not a health care provider. Anyway, I don't care about your labor, I care about having more choices to go and avoid those health care abusers, if I wanted to.
Hmm I see very enlightened. You want what you want regardless of the consequences. They consequences being I will not give you or anyone else my labor. The consequenses will also bring lesser minds into medicine. Anyone who can have their congnitive skill fairly compensated in another field will choose that field. Mediocrity for all! Except of course those who can afford to pay privately, they will continue to afford the best. Hey guess who will treat these people, yup the best and brightest, the dregs for the rest of us.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Hmm I see very enlightened. You want what you want regardless of the consequences. They consequences being I will not give you or anyone else my labor. The consequenses will also bring lesser minds into medicine. Anyone who can have their congnitive skill fairly compensated in another field will choose that field. Mediocrity for all! Except of course those who can afford to pay privately, they will continue to afford the best. Hey guess who will treat these people, yup the best and brightest, the dregs for the rest of us.
Let me repeat. I don't care about your labor. Keep it to yourself. I want choices, not be forced to use your labor. How's that?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Let me repeat. I don't care about your labor. Keep it to yourself. I want choices, not be forced to use your labor. How's that?

PS. Why did you claim you work as a health care provider, when you work for an insurance company (IIRC from our discussions going back a few months)?

Please let me know where I said I work for an insurance company?! LOL! Liar!! (it is rare I use such a term) If I worked for an insurance company I would happily admit it. They are not evil.

Of course single payer which is what the public opiton ultimately leads to forces providers to supply labor at government reimbursement rates.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:05 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Actually, Health is an opportunity.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
People who can afford insurance think it's a privilege.
People who cannot afford insurance think it's a right.
People who can afford and choose no insurance could care less.

People who have been denied insurance are victims of a corrupt system that regulation turns a blind eye to.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Please let me know where I said I work for an insurance company?! LOL! Liar!! (it is rare I use such a term) If I worked for an insurance company I would happily admit it. They are not evil.

Of course single payer which is what the public opiton ultimately leads to forces providers to supply labor at government reimbursement rates.
I know, you couldn't resist calling me a liar, when I was actually asking for a clarification.

Anyway, there are health care providers who support single payer. I know you won't agree with them, but since you claim to be a health care provider, why do you think they support single payer?

And single payer, while ideal for the people (but not for the corporations), taking over is simply based on far fetched ideas... AKA lies. You buy into it, you propagate it, and I don't mind pointing that out.

Now, lets say, your phobia is valid. You do believe health care isn't a right, so why worry?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:

But you see, you are referring to the labor of ALL healthcare providers. We all have the option of working, or not. Whether we work or not depends on several factors-

1. enjoyment of the job
2. benefits
3. salary vs educational time and hourly input
4. risks associated with the labor

When these risks/benefits fall toward the risk side, health care workers quit, regardless of society's wants. The market will generally determine what is an accurate level of compensation for a given profession. No man, according to the Supreme Court, can be compelled to work against his will. I do not need to work from a financial basis, but enjoy what I am doing. However, younger physicians need to be compensated for their educational expenses and have a standard of living which reflects the years of education and long work hours. If not, they will find something else to do that appeals to their interest in science, but does not punish them financially. Keep in mind that medicine is ONE of many professions that may appeal to intelligent young people interested in science.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I know, you couldn't resist calling me a liar, when I was actually asking for a clarification.
Anyway, there are health care providers who support single payer. I know you won't agree with them, but since you claim to be a health care provider, why do you think they support single payer?

And single payer, while ideal for the people (but not for the corporations), taking over is simply based on far fetched ideas... AKA lies. You buy into it, you propagate it, and I don't mind pointing that out.

Now, lets say, your phobia is valid. You do believe health care isn't a right, so why worry?

No you weren't asking for clarification. You said I mentioned that I wotrked for an insurance company. You can't back it up so you are back peddling. Classic lefty move. I have never used that term in all the time I have been in this forum but this was such a classic example of it I had to point it out to our fellow members!

There are a vast minority of providers who support singel payer.

Single payer again is not ideal for the people for many reasons such as I outlined above, the quality of people going into medicine will decline. Also innovation will decline. Who will invest billions of dollars in R&D for no return.

You refuse to engage on these issues you try to make it warfare between business and individuals. Thankfully people are no longer buying this idea.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:19 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People who can afford insurance think it's a privilege.
People who cannot afford insurance think it's a right.
People who can afford and choose no insurance could care less.

People who have been denied insurance are victims of a corrupt system that regulation turns a blind eye to.
Well done! A simple, to the point and accurate assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies