Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I just get a sick feeling when I think about sexual acts between two men
Why do you think of it then? I'm not gay and I don't care who is nor do I think about "sexual acts between two men"

Old 05-14-2007, 07:52 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Why do you think of it then? I'm not gay and I don't care who is nor do I think about "sexual acts between two men"
Well, as far as males are concerned, it is a fundamental part of homosexuality. All the rest - the clothes, the talk, the lifestyle - is irrelevant. When you get down to it, that is what homosexuality is and I find it disturbing.

It isn't something I think about. I can go months, perhaps years without thinking about it. But in other cases - for example, two guys making out in public, or the entire movie "Brokeback Mountain" - it's just going to be an issue. I don't get upset over it, and I'm OK with gay marriages and such, but I'm not going to pretend that homosexuality is a healthy or biologically sustainable human condition.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:53 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay59 View Post
I was with my husband at a fundraiser gala for his work, and we were sitting at a table with several of his colleagues and associates. One of them, after a few too many drinks, started making homophobic statements and jokes.

After he was done, he said, "How 'bout them gays". And without hesistation, infront of everyone, I said "Our daughter is gay, and I don't think you're in any place to judge her that way".

There was a gasp at the table and everyone went quiet. The guy making the jokes got completely red, got quiet and didn't say much for the rest of the dinner.

Several others came up to me after the dinner and expressed their sorrow that someone could say such things. What do some of you people have against gays?

Just leave them alone. You taunt them, you try and limit their rights, you make fun of them? Why? If you're such a Christian, you'd know the Bible teaches tolerance and LOVE, not hate.

Everyone judges, we live in a judging world. It's actually in our nature to do so: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2442521&page=1

And for being so against judging you sure are judging him. He made one comment and you have him all summed up, right? Give me a break.
Sticks and stones people! The politically correct thing is just crapola. People have a right to say, think and feel what they want on BOTH sides. Why is okay for you to defend gayness but him to say something against it? Why is you giving your opinion okay but not him? It's a two way street. If he shouldn't be allowed to say anything against gays then you shouldn't be allowed to say anything supportive of them.

Sticks and stones... if someone says something you don't like you... MOVE ON and let it go. Who cares.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM

508 posts, read 1,673,491 times
I truly think that this is a duplicate thread which has already played out on a 15 or 16 page thread which was started here and moved to the religious forum. Lindsey, while I feel sorry for your situation as I have expressed many times, it is not fair to continue making threads in which your sole purpose appears to be attacking another group's beliefs.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM

529 posts, read 1,892,613 times
>>> ... but I'm not going to pretend that homosexuality is a healthy or biologically sustainable human condition.... <<<

Nor will I.

There are those who would argue the this whole gay thing is "natural".... Maybe it is for the one who might be gay. Gays go about their lives as if it is a perfectly natural way to be.... for them, this is okay.

I'll say though, that for something that is so supposedly so "natural", there sure is alot of angst and soul searching going on for the ones that might think they are gay.

Gay is neither normal nor is it natural....
Gay isn't something you are born with.... Gay is something that is instilled at a very young age by way of upbringing or environment.
I've noticed that through my studies, more of those who would be gay, were the ones prone to abuse at the hands of household members. Mostly on the emotional end.
Gays, I've noticed, take it on the chin more often, and are not as emotionally equipped as, lets say, non gays. There are things that takes place in young minds that I don't think we will ever fully figure out.... But one thing I am quite sure of is that "gay is a process". One just doesn't wake up one morning and suddenly decide that they need to be gay. Gay starts at the youngest of ages and grows from there..... Perverse attractions are "learned behaviours", and are not a natural occurance of nature.

Gay is only normal, for the ones that are, and it is not normal for the rest of us, nor is it a natural occurance.

So long as gay exists, there will always be a majority that will oppose it.

As a society, it is our nature to scorn and/or ridicule that of which may not be considered normal or natural.

As soon as we get it through our heads that gay is more to do with "human condition" than it is anything else, we may be able to finally start making some headway in discovering it's core causes and take corrective actions in order to prevent it in the future.

I can accept "gay" only so far as I might be willing to accept Schizophrenia or Bi-Polar disorder, and that's about it. I don't subscribe to the gay lifestyle any more than I would be willing to accept the antics of the one who would be Schizophrenic.

Mental illness shouldn't be scoffed at or ridiculed, but it is, unfortunately. Schizophrenia was a condition that wasn't fully understood for years, and those that had it, had to go through quite a bit of ridicule because of it. It's now the same with those who would be gay. Being ill in in such a fashion as that, certainly cannot be an easy thing, as our overall ignorance will sometimes cause a delay in discovering and dealing with the source of the illness itself. In the mean time, the one who might be ill or otherwise gay, will continue to suffer.

Last edited by GiftShoppeGuy; 05-14-2007 at 10:12 AM..

Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 AM

164 posts, read 200,189 times
You can't call someone ignorant for hating or being afraid of gay people. It is something beyond our control and you can't call us ignorant for that. Maybe you should look up the word "Ignorant" because you obviously have no idea what it means.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 AM

485 posts, read 1,648,282 times
I totally agree. When I see a public display of homosexuality either on the street, at the mall, or on telelvision, my revulsion is not caused by ignorance but by human nature. Another thing that bothers me is that I saw in an earlier post where someone was comparing gays to groups of people of a different race or nationality. These cannot compare. A person is born a certain nationality, but a person chooses to be gay. If he makes that choice, let him deal with the barrage of ridicule.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:06 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Default Ignorant homophobes

Isn't the title of this thread repetitive?

Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftShoppeGuy View Post
>>> ... but I'm not going to pretend that homosexuality is a healthy or biologically sustainable human condition.... <<<

Nor will I.

There are those who would argue the this whole gay thing is "natural".... Maybe it is for the one who might be gay. Gays go about their lives as if it is a perfectly natural way to be.... for them, this is okay.

I'll say though, that for something that is so supposedly so "natural", there sure is alot of angst and soul searching going on for the ones that might think they are gay.

Gay is neither normal nor is it natural....
Gay isn't something you are born with.... Gay is something that is instilled at a very young age by way of upbringing or environment.
I've noticed that through my studies, more of those who would be gay, were the ones prone to abuse at the hands of household members. Mostly on the emotional end.
Gays, I've noticed, take it on the chin more often, and are not as emotionally equipped as, lets say, non gays. There are things that takes place in young minds that I don't think we will ever fully figure out.... But one thing I am quite sure of is that "gay is a process". One just doesn't wake up one morning and suddenly decide that they need to be gay. Gay starts at the youngest of ages and grows from there..... Perverse attractions are "learned behaviours", and are not a natural occurance of nature.

Gay is only normal, for the ones that are, and it is not normal for the rest of us, nor is it a natural occurance.

So long as gay exists, there will always be a majority that will oppose it.

As a society, it is our nature to scorn and/or ridicule that of which may not be considered normal or natural.

As soon as we get it through our heads that gay is more to do with "human condition" than it is anything else, we may be able to finally start making some headway in discovering it's core causes and take corrective actions in order to prevent it in the future.

I can accept "gay" only so far as I might be willing to accept Schizophrenia or Bi-Polar disorder, and that's about it. I don't subscribe to the gay lifestyle any more than I would be willing to accept the antics of the one who would be Schizophrenic.

Mental illness shouldn't be scoffed at or ridiculed, but it is, unfortunately. Schizophrenia was a condition that wasn't fully understood for years, and those that had it, had to go through quite a bit of ridicule because of it. It's now the same with those who would be gay. Being ill in in such a fashion as that, certainly cannot be an easy thing, as our overall ignorance will sometimes cause a delay in discovering and dealing with the source of the illness itself. In the mean time, the one who might be ill or otherwise gay, will continue to suffer.
Sorry but the APA, which is a weeeeeeeeee bit more versed in such topics, totally disagrees with everything you just said.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:30 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
I totally agree. When I see a public display of homosexuality either on the street, at the mall, or on telelvision, my revulsion is not caused by ignorance but by human nature. Another thing that bothers me is that I saw in an earlier post where someone was comparing gays to groups of people of a different race or nationality. These cannot compare. A person is born a certain nationality, but a person chooses to be gay. If he makes that choice, let him deal with the barrage of ridicule.
No one chooses to be gay, ignorance can be cured...go read a book k? ^_~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies