Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:31 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times

Advertisements

What is Europe's Whitest and most homogeneous country? - Page 2 - Stormfront

From reading this thread, I would advise you move to a place like Finland, Poland, Greece, or Iceland. Finland and Iceland have the best quality of life, but are both very cold areas. Around 50% of the people of Finland are blondes. Around 60% of Finns say they can speak some English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ah yes, after 10 months, it's all Obama's fault.
Yes indeedy.
That's his role as President, to take all the blame for being the puppet he is.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,687 times
We'd have to decontaminate you before granting you access.

Three year decontaminiation term.
Minimum.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:53 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not that is was too bad...but we can say that living over here is way better than in Europe and we come from a good country with a lot of social benefits but we like the free markets over here way better...maybe more risks but if you work hard you can make more and you are more free over here...although lately I start to doubt some of the free markets and freedom under Obama, but we have know "hope and change" are on the way and Obama hope and change was so bad that he will be out and a lame duck sooner than later
Only a complete failure would emigrate from Holland to the USA.

Speaks volumes.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:35 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,194,695 times
As soon as my soon to be wife meets Canadian requirements for entry, we will probably be going there. The Dominican Republic also remains an option.

The US has a giant target on its back, and seems to be imploding before our eyes.

I really have no desire to get blown up or shot by a religious fanatic, end up dying in an economic war, end up paying almost all of my money out in taxes to cover the insane spending, end up in some sort of nutty civil war, or die as the target of nuclear attack.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 AM

8 posts, read 15,589 times
Well, I have travelled and work in many countries and all I can tell you is that it will be for you an experience of a lifetime and your life will never be the same when you come back.

But do not try to search for a better place, it doesn't exist. Not talking about America, but every place have it's own paradise and you can be happy everywhere, you might get home sick from time to time, but your world will not be the same as soon as you start living abroad.

So don't wait till it gets bad, but till you are ready for a big change

Philippe

Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
My horoscope says that I would have better luck in my career moving as far from my native country as possible. Lately America is looking less and less promising..

How bad would it have to get before you consider moving abroad??
My advice to you (that you didn't ask for)..if you're under 40....Get Out Now...go to another country with Universal health care and more progressive attitudes towards wages and job creation.....

I'd leave in a flash but I'm very old and don't have enough money...and if I WAS rich enough to move then I may as well stay here..the wealthy are fine anywhere...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM

306 posts, read 758,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
My horoscope says that I would have better luck in my career moving as far from my native country as possible. Lately America is looking less and less promising..

How bad would it have to get before you consider moving abroad??
Try getting into one of the volunteer-overseas things first. Then you'd get first hand knowledge of what the rest of the world is really like and could make an informed decision as to whether you really want to leave the USA. For most Americans, the only other places remotely similar to us in lifestyle, language and culture are extremely hard for Americans to get into to work. Those countries don't want Americans coming in taking their jobs.

Americans think that they can go abroad and get treated like royalty just for being Americans, but in most of the rest of the world that's not true. Even thinking they can go abroad teaching English and earn a living wage...I have a friend who's traveling the world trying to land English-teaching gigs, and having a hella hard time of it. He's finding out the hard way that other countries are getting pickier and pickier about hiring Canadians who grew up and went to school in America, to do anything, or pay them anything. At all.

America may seem to suck right now but the rest of the world doesn't want us in their countries either. We're just screwed.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:37 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honoreestate View Post
Well, I have travelled and work in many countries and all I can tell you is that it will be for you an experience of a lifetime and your life will never be the same when you come back.

But do not try to search for a better place, it doesn't exist. Not talking about America, but every place have it's own paradise and you can be happy everywhere, you might get home sick from time to time, but your world will not be the same as soon as you start living abroad.

So don't wait till it gets bad, but till you are ready for a big change

Philippe
Well said

Nowhere is perfect.

I have lived in Europe and the US and have been lucky enough to have travelled extensively in South East Asia, all over Europe, Sri Lanka, Iceland, South Africa, Morocco, Japan, Australasia and North America.

Everywhere I have lived and travelled has had pros and cons.

There are things I love about the US and things I dislike.

Likewise the UK.

I would highly, highly recommend living and working abroad if the opportunity is available - travelling truly teaches you a lot and makes you far more open minded.

I was really surprised by the culture shock I experienced when I arrived in Australia after spending several months in South East Asia - I found myself feeling really "homesick" for Thailand - although oddly I didn't feel remotely homesick for the UK when I first arrived in Thailand after leaving England.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:49 AM

897 posts, read 1,687,744 times
If I became wealthy,like winning the lottery,I'd give serious consideration to getting a home in the Bahamas or Cayman islands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies