Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Gotta agree with this one. A 14 year old would be one thing, but a 10 year old doesn't really understand what he is doing here and is clearly being influenced by his parents.

I also don't recite the Little League pledge "I trust in God, I love my country and I will respect its laws..." because I only believe in 1 of those statements.
+1

The kid may not fully understand what he is doing when he refuses to say the pledge.

Just like he doesn't fully understand what he is doing when he says the pledge.

Which one is indoctrination again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I would hope that my 10 year old would not be aware that men's things get hard and then get stuck into the anuses of other men.
Newsflash, "gay" doesn't just pertain to male/male relationships. So be sure to share your asinine bigotry equally between gay men and gay women.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You've got a dirty mind... because it is indeed possible to explain how men can love other men without talking about penises and anuses. When your child asks about a married man and woman, do you graphically explain to them how they have sex?

Yeah, except when the child figures out what goes in and out of what "hole", he/she might get a little confused. They haven't had the time we have had to become jaded to "ewwww, that can't be right!".

Old 11-12-2009, 09:57 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,574 times
I'm disgusted with where this thread went. If grown, consenting adults want to have anal sex, then let them!! It's not that serious.

And honestly, you can discuss nontraditional relationships with your kids without bringing sex up. I wouldn't even consider it if I had kids. If my kid asked me "how did you make me?" I would still explain it without walking on the sex issue. I think anything sexual discussion before puberty is just so inappropriate.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Yeah, except when the child figures out what goes in and out of what "hole", he/she might get a little confused. They haven't had the time we have had to become jaded to "ewwww, that can't be right!".
What goes on in the intimacies of the bedroom between two consenting adults is really beside the point, isn't it? It's not exactly like only gay couples use alternative "holes"; straight couples actually engage in some "ewwww, that can't be right" activities as well.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Whatever the kid does is better than the lazy jerks in college who can't be bothered to vote in mid-term elections.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I would hope that my 10 year old would not be aware that men's things get hard and then get stuck into the anuses of other men.

But, hey! That's just me, being an old fashioned mother and holding the unpopular belief that children should be protected and not made aware of the specifics of every kind of sexuality known to man.

To use your child as a political pawn, forcing upon him knowledge he has no business knowing -- that is child abuse. It is repugnant.
Of course you would think about the details and WRITE about them here!

Why are you so obsessed with gay men's sex?

What about two butch women scissoring each other? Or Ellen and Portia doing what they do?

Maybe the kid just thinks that if two adults love each other that they should be able to get married. Maybe he has no idea what sex is or that it has anything to do with marriage.

How about focusing on actually raising your kids and not on "protecting" them from what you find personally offensive?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:06 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What goes on in the intimacies of the bedroom between two consenting adults is really beside the point, isn't it? It's not exactly like only gay couples use alternative "holes"; straight couples actually engage in some "ewwww, that can't be right" activities as well.

Blinded by the "consenting adults in a bedroom" agenda, you have confused the issues here.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:08 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I am happy the little boy is standing up for what he believes in, and I'm all for GLBT rights being the same as those who are straight, but it bothers me that this little boy is stand a stand on something I am like 100% sure he barely can comprehend, in terms of historical and social context.
I agree with this statement. This is just as bad as the teabaggers that had their children holding up Obama hate signs. I don't think children should be used in an attempt to further political agenda.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:16 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree with this statement. This is just as bad as the teabaggers that had their children holding up Obama hate signs. I don't think children should be used in an attempt to further political agenda.
I agree too, and not be confused with educating children about social and political issues in an age-appropriate manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies