Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 11:41 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
With your twisted logic, I'm not surprised.

Why not arm every man, woman,and child?

Honestly, the wild west mentality of those who need a gun to feel like empowered is pathetic.
There was no "wild west", it is a tall tale. The crime rate of such was actually fairly low of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 11:53 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
The military has not carried loaded weapons on base since the 1970s let alone 1993. Why should they? So they can defend themeselves from each other???? Give me a break.

Who Is To Blame For Disarming Our Soldiers?

Despite the media, it isn't Clinton. The U.S. Army disarmed their soldiers at least 25 years before Clinton. The blame falls on our military leadership and today's politicians who don't recognize we are at war.

In my recent article “Stop the Silliness: Arm Our Soldiers and Marines” I pointed out soldiers in the U.S. Army are essentially unarmed on U.S. military installations, including Fort Hood. The only armed military personnel are law enforcement agencies, most notably military police, and if present, federal law enforcement officers who augment military police agencies on base.

Within a couple days after my article, the Washington Times posted an editorial calling for an end to the Clinton military gun ban on U.S. military bases.

The Washington Times and those who promulgated the above statement are simply wrong. The Army disarmed its soldiers at least 25 years earlier.

more on article....

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-16-2009 at 12:36 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
I'm sure he picked the base because the military is what he blamed for all his problems, not because it was an easy, unarmed target.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Ah, you mindless, dumb masses. You cannot carry around sidearms or riflkes on a military installatioon for the same reasons you can't in the civilian sector. If you live in the barracks you have to keep any weapons you own in the armory. If you live in base housing you are allowed to keep them there. Think about it!! It's not the OK Corral, people. And lack of gun control did not kill all those soldiers; a lunatic did. If a gun killed those people then a spoon will make you fat, and cars make you drive drunk. Stupid correlation.

Face it. Just because you're on a military installation does not mean they are immune to crime and brain rotted morons/extremists. And can we stop going around trying to find someone to blame other than the terrorist Hasan? Please! He's the one who killed and maimed. I hope all the virgins he finds after being put to death are male.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yep. As the old saying goes... and keeps being found true... when you come up against a completely inexplicable situation that makes no sense, and want to know why it's so, the reason is almost always....

Government.
I'm puzzled by this remark, Acorn. Are you suggesting we amend/ignore the Constitution and put the military in control of the private sector?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 PM

400 posts, read 468,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wondered about that question for some days and finally saw a man say the whole thing different than the MSM and our government has been saying it.

If the man had strapped explosives on his body or stuffed his car with explosives and detonated them in places where he could kill 13 and wound all those he got would we call that terrorism? Certainly we would and in this case we have to call what he did terrorism. The only real difference is in the selection of the killing weapon. Hasan selected the hand gun probably because he didn't really want to go see his god with his 72 virgins.

Now do we kill him in retaliation thereby making him a martyr and receptor of the virgins or make him survive with his deed the rest of his life and then slap the death sentence on him after 25 years of prison? I wonder how many of the survivors of the dead in that massacre would volunteer to serve in the firing squad he deserves.
This wasn't an act of terrorism, he was simply really messed up in his head, just like other nutcases that have gone on killing sprees in colleges and universities, let the justice system look after him. He is paralyzed now, and good. His life is going to be a living hell, wherever he goes. The reason that they know it wasn't terrorism is because they have footage of him in stores and such with full islamic dress on. Someone that might be a terrorist wouldn't walk around, off duty with full dress on. They would hide that if they were going to terrorize a place.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:49 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Somehow two completely separate topics were merged into one. I was responding to the topic about gun rights on military bases.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Considering how crazy I was in Nam taking my guns away was probably a good idea. My self defense trigger had a very low setting.

I still don't understand why somebody did not notice this guy was armed away from the authorized areas like the pistol range. Soldiers do mostly follow the rules so this guy was really unusual.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
This wasn't an act of terrorism, he was simply really messed up in his head, just like other nutcases that have gone on killing sprees in colleges and universities, let the justice system look after him. He is paralyzed now, and good. His life is going to be a living hell, wherever he goes. The reason that they know it wasn't terrorism is because they have footage of him in stores and such with full islamic dress on. Someone that might be a terrorist wouldn't walk around, off duty with full dress on. They would hide that if they were going to terrorize a place.
Where are you getting the idea a terrorist would not walk around in garb or that he isn't one. There are all kinds of terrorists..and most are nut cases.

Nita

Old 11-16-2009, 04:36 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
He's the one who killed and maimed. I hope all the virgins he finds after being put to death are male.
i'll drink to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies