Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,003,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No we do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Who does WHAT?

You subsidized nada.

Look at your paycheck. See all the little witholding taxes taken out (SSI, etc)? Guess who kicks in the rest to the govt at YOUR benefit? YOUR EMPLOYER.

You seem to be Ann Coulter fans. So dont believe me, believe her: I'll Pass on 'Opting Out' - HUMAN EVENTS

Somewhere there are stats for this but it's too much effort to find -- I will later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,401,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Precisely. Which just makes my point more strongly. To allege that over the course of nearly 20 years, not one woman covered under this policy ever made a claim for an elective abortion is ABSURD. They happen.
No they don't, they are as pure as the driven snow, just ask Ted Haggard.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
but Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards said it’s “no surprise” that the RNC is offering it.

“It’s an employer that wants to provide standard health benefits for its employees,” she said. “That’s why the Stupak amendment goes too far in taking away benefits that women have today, and that’s why women won’t allow the Stupak amendment to become law.”
Its no surprise that its being offered because its standard to offer them.

If the Stupak amendment goes too far, then tell me why Republicans are the hypocrits, because Stupak is a DEMOCRAT. Yes, Republicans voted for the bill but there is a huge difference between paying for ones inusrance, which the RNC does which offers it, and expecting others to pay for your insurance and abortions.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

I dont know why they cant grasp that or wont admit it. It's the hypocrisy that's so aggravating, that makes information like this even newsworthy.
It would be hypocritical for them to demand you to pay for someone elses abortion while they didnt cover it at all. That isnt whats going on here. They want you to pay for your own, while they pay for their own. True they have private insurance covering it, but nothing stops you from doing the same.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:55 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,418,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And you missed this part...

A spokeswoman for the National Republican Congressional Committee – the campaign arm for the House Republicans – said it does not include coverage for elective abortions in its employee insurance policy.

“The policy does not cover abortions unless the life of the mother is in danger,” the NRCC spokeswoman said.
FYI, the article was updated early this morning. The passage you quote above remains in the article. I have no way of knowing if the spokesperson for the RNCC (not the same as the RNC) knows what is or is not covered in the RNC plan. But the insurer knows what is and what is not covered by the policy.
Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna, and two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

As of Thursday, the RNC’s plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

I believe the first paragraph was in the original article, and the second paragraph was added (at least, I don't remember seeing it last night).

I also believe the lead paragraph in the story was changed. The way it reads now:
The Republican National Committee will no longer offer employees an insurance plan that covers abortion after POLITICO reported Thursday that the anti-abortion RNC's policy has covered the procedure since 1991.
So, according to the RNC, after 18+ years of offering their employees a health insurance plan that covers elective abortion - a legal procedure that they have preached against with all their self-righteous might for all of those 18+ years - they will drop this coverage.

So, I guess the RNC simply didn't know what was included in the health insurance policy they purchased for their employees?
Cigna spokesman Chris Curran declined to discuss the specifics of the RNC’s plan, saying it’s against company policy to reveal even the identities of its insured. But he said that Cigna’s products “are designed to meet the requirements of our individual employer clients. Employer clients are informed of the services covered and it is their choice to decide which benefits meet their needs.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,402,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Slow down, and try to not get your skivies in a bunch. Read what the article actually has to say about it.

A spokeswoman for the National Republican Congressional Committee – the campaign arm for the House Republicans – said it does not include coverage for elective abortions in its employee insurance policy.

“The policy does not cover abortions unless the life of the mother is in danger,” the NRCC spokeswoman said.
No dear, why don't you slow down and try not to get your Republican entities confused.

RNC = Republican National Committee. This is the POLITICAL arm of the Republican party. It is headed by Michael Steele

NRCC = National Republican Congressional Committee. This is the CAMPAIGN arm of the Republicans in the HOUSE.

You even quoted it YOURSELF! Do you read what you quote?

The RNC's health insurance plan has covered ELECTIVE ABORTIONS since 1991.

The NRCC's health insurance plan does not, and apparently never has.

This thread is about the RNC's policy, not the NRCC's policy.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:15 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,223,564 times
Quote:
The Stupak Amendment was was proposed by a Democrat, not a Republican.
Abortion funding is in the Republican version of the health care bill. According to msm.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,003,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its no surprise that its being offered because its standard to offer them.

If the Stupak amendment goes too far, then tell me why Republicans are the hypocrits, because Stupak is a DEMOCRAT. Yes, Republicans voted for the bill but there is a huge difference between paying for ones inusrance, which the RNC does which offers it, and expecting others to pay for your insurance and abortions.
We're already paying for employer-funded ins (such as Cigna), see Ann Coulter link above. (It's elsewhere too, Im embarrassed to be citing Ann the Man, just too lazy to go look for it.) So we're paying for the RNC's abortions

Since abortion rights are protected by the Const it would make sense that any govt sponsored ins plan would cover it, but I dont know.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,591,218 times
GOP chairman ends abortion insurance for employees (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/12/national/w204137S32.DTL - broken link)

It's only Hypocracy when you get caught

Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,112,923 times
The RNC policies? Are they funded / subsidized from the United States treasurer?

When the RNC polices were first sold to the RNC, was the abortion provision(s) demanded by / requested by, the RNC or, was this provision part of the normal policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies