Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
What bill isn't a "porkulous" bill. It's only pork, when your not getting any.
exactly. One representative getting $ for his or her district is everyone else's "pork."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:22 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I would answer if this administration did not start off with two wars and a housing, wall street and banking collapse. But hey, that little tidbit should negate the attempt at balanced questions.
Excuses, excuses!

Our government was still working. With him as president, freedom won't be here long. His muslim friends are already making their move.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You said:

Without referring to Bush, Ronald Reagan, Nixon, etc. please answer these few questions.

My reply is: Its hard to answer fairly without referring to the past since Obama has only been in office 9.5 months, but I'll try.

You said:

How long until the deficit Obama has created before we our economy completely collapses?

My reply is:

How long do you think it would have been until "the economy collapsed" if we had stood by and done nothing while the entire financial services sector of our economy went down? Look, I'm not happy about the deficits either, but the worst part has passed. The economy has seen 3.5% GNP growth last quarter and tax revenues will start rising. A number of the "bailed out financial institutions" have already repaid their loans. The real bellwether for our ability to finance these deficits is the price of American Treasury bills along with the interest rate they are paying. The prices are stable and interest rates still remain very low. Otherwise, you couldn't get a 30 year mortgage for under 5% interest. We have a strong economy and while its been under a strain, its turning around. The worst part is past us.

You wrote:

How do you overlook Obama's claims of job creation/save numbers when even the liberal media has called him on the bogus numbers? Even today in a speech he claimed to have saved or created over 1 million jobs. This is outright BS.

My reply is:

Do you deny that the Stimulus and the bailout packages have saved jobs? If you do, everything you say flies in the face of all the evidence. I think its fair game to bicker over exactly how many jobs were saved or created, but its undeniable that deficit spending by the government saves and creates jobs. There would be no purpose to it other than that. This is the same economic policy pursued in the 1980's when we had a recession that resulted in over 10.0% unemployment (remember that??) The only difference is the deficit spending resulted from tax cuts rather than direct spending. I think that is what really bothers people on the right. Its not the notion of the deficit. Its the notion that government is spending money rather than leaving it in the hands of mostly rich fat cats.

You wrote:

How do you give Obama a blind pass on this Health Care bill that is nothing bit another big government grab that creates over 100 new bureaucracies and in reality is just another Democrat porkulous bill. If you have not read the bill please refrain from commenting. I know ignorance is bliss so let's just keep that in mind.

My reply is:

Do you claim you read the whole bill yourself? If you haven't do go telling us what we have the right to comment or not comment on. Thank you very much. If you have much sense, you know that health care costs are just crushing this country. Until and unless we come up with a plan to deal with those we'll never solve the problem of deficit spending. When 47 million Americans lack any form of health coverage a person who is not "blissfully ignorant", understands there is a problem.

You said:

How do you come to terms with the corruption in the administration and the Democrat controlled Congress? Is this just another case of the party in power is the party of corruption?

My reply is:

What corruption are you even talking about? Name the arrests that have occurred. Who has been indicted? What trials have taken place? Who is in prison from the democratic party lately on corruption charges? I think republicans using the word "corruption" is worse than the pot calling the kettle black. Oh, never mind. I said I wouldn't talk about the past

You wrote:

Before you are tempted to refer to me as a Right-Wing Republican check out this sight. This is how I truly feel about politicians both Republican and Democrat.

My reply is:

Whether you are a republican or democrat matters little to me. People who believe that Obama could magically straighten out our affairs in just 9.5 months in office are: 1. Truly delusional; 2. Have a t.v. mentality where all problems are solved within a sixty minute program; or 3. Not very bright. Sorry, there are no other choices. Obama inherited an economy off the rails, two wars going on, and a healthcare system that is a mess. Its reasonable to expect him to get busy and try to make changes. Its not reasonable to expect much in the way of results in less than a year in office.

I have little patience for fools. If you want to b*tch that's just fine. Realize if you do it someone will likely call you what you are. All people have the right to vote and express an opinion in this country. That doesn't mean all opinions are equal though. Some are better thought and reasoned than others. Yours is near the bottom of the barrel.
Spoken well from a person happy with the status quo. Being a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution is always the easist, and laziest path. Some people want real change and will work for it, some are happy being a part of the problem. I can see you are one of the happiest here.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
The only question that I ever have as far as Obama is concerned is when will the losers of last election ever shut up and just let Obama do his job as president. The losers can make 10 or more months of Obama being president seem like 20 years because every minute of every day is another gripe and another link. I've had to leave several family boards that I used to post on for over 10 years because the women (other moms) on there who are still left just gripe, moan, and make up conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory about Obama. Enough is enough.
Just looking for real change, not more of the same. I guess if a person is happy with the same broken promises election after election that is their choice.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Reagan didn't blame Carter. He just did what he had to do.
At what point will the spineless democrats stop passing the buck and making excuses?
It is not really about spineless Democrats or right-wing Republicans as it is about blind voters happy with the same pathetic politicians elected year after year. It is about dumb partisan voters who would rather vote party line that do what is best for our country. I really have more disgust for the partisan voters that the corrupt politicians. These politicians are just doing what comes natural. The partisan voters are the real problem and why unfortunately we are where we are today.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is not really about spineless Democrats or right-wing Republicans as it is about blind voters happy with the same pathetic politicians elected year after year. It is about dumb partisan voters who would rather vote party line that do what is best for our country. I really have more disgust for the partisan voters that the corrupt politicians. These politicians are just doing what comes natural. The partisan voters are the real problem and why unfortunately we are where we are today.
It would take something unbelievably huge to cause me to regret my vote for Obama. He's not perfect. I never claimed he was. He's done more that I agree with in 9 months than GWB did in 8 years. The McCain of years passed might have been an ok president, but not with that dingbat by his side.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:20 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,062,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
It would take something unbelievably huge to cause me to regret my vote for Obama. He's not perfect. I never claimed he was. He's done more that I agree with in 9 months than GWB did in 8 years. The McCain of years passed might have been an ok president, but not with that dingbat by his side.
I agree. I voted for Obama because he was a he** of a lot better than McCain. The fact that McCain picked Sarah Palin as his running mate means McCain had his head so far up his a** that he wouldn't see the light of day for 8 years. Anybody that's stupid enough to pick Sarah Palin as their VP has no business being in the White House. The Republicans have been whining and crying for a year now because they couldn't get 4 more years of Bush. I hope Obama wins the next election by a landslide like he did last year's election. That'll pi** off the neo-cons, rednecks, Bible beaters.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:57 AM

11,239 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
The only question that I ever have as far as Obama is concerned is when will the losers of last election ever shut up and just let Obama do his job as president. The losers can make 10 or more months of Obama being president seem like 20 years because every minute of every day is another gripe and another link. I've had to leave several family boards that I used to post on for over 10 years because the women (other moms) on there who are still left just gripe, moan, and make up conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory about Obama. Enough is enough.
The only losers of the last election is the American population as a whole, whether they realize it or not. Our future generations will pay dearly for the poor decisions made by both administrations in the last 30 years.

People forget that there are more than 2 parties at election time. Or they are just too ignorant or complacent to care.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:25 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,383 times
You will not be able to have an open dialogue when everyone is pointing fingers. The facts are: Obama has inherited a mess, and I do not see the plan where he is fixing it. He keeps wanting to spend, spend and spend. If we tried to do that with our creditors we would be forced to go bankrupt. I guess our economy will completely collapse. And I for one have had it with OUR government bailing out companies then trying to dictate how they run their businesses. If OUR government can't provide the services they are supposed to what makes them qualified to run all of them. Eventually we will have such a large government we will all work for it. Atleast our tax dollars then would be coming back to us in a paycheck.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:20 PM

218 posts, read 579,980 times
Most of my more lib friends live in Seattle where they say most with a brain admit privately that Obama was obviously just a puppet, after all. However, she said they'd rather die than admit it in public to anyone other than another liberal. I don't think most of his supporters are dumb - they just aren't going to admit the truth. Things will have to get a lot worse..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies