Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in a country with no muslims or with muslims
With muslims 36 46.75%
With no muslims 41 53.25%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:36 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

Look at the countries as if they could both exist at the same time in the world today, each were identical except for their religious makeup.

You should ask yourself a few questions before answering....

Do you think this country is safer with or without muslims?

Do you think this country is more stable with or without muslims?

Do you think the people of this country would be more happy with or without muslims?

And please keep all mentions of politics out of it, this should only come from your heart. Where would you really want to live? And why?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 11-13-2009 at 01:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 01:33 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times
The problem is that most Americans are afraid to ask this question and
are afraid of terrorist.
Yes some Muslim's are safe, but some are not. You never know who
you are dealing with.
Why would this country be safer with Muslim's?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:45 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
The problem is that most Americans are afraid to ask this question and
are afraid of terrorist.
Yes some Muslim's are safe, but some are not. You never know who
you are dealing with.
Why would this country be safer with Muslim's?
Some white, black, Asian, Hispanic and Native Americans are safe, but some are not. You never know who you are dealing with.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
No Muslims. But of course, I'd rather live in an America with no Christians either.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezus View Post
some white, black, asian, hispanic and native americans are safe, but some are not. You never know who you are dealing with.
lol, ok!

Old 11-13-2009, 01:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
I'd rather not live with xians.
They scare me more.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:00 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Some white, black, Asian, Hispanic and Native Americans are safe, but some are not. You never know who you are dealing with.
I totally agree, but please lets stick to the criteria of the question. We can make a separate poll for if we would want a country with no Christians or a country with Christians to compare.

Anyone who says they would rather live in a country with Muslims means that they believe this country is a better country if we have Muslims here. Which would mean it would either need to be safer, happier, or more stable.

Please, if you believe this country is better with muslims, please list your feelings for why you feel that way.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:46 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I totally agree, but please lets stick to the criteria of the question. We can make a separate poll for if we would want a country with no Christians or a country with Christians to compare.

Anyone who says they would rather live in a country with Muslims means that they believe this country is a better country if we have Muslims here. Which would mean it would either need to be safer, happier, or more stable.

Please, if you believe this country is better with Muslims, please list your feelings for why you feel that way.
Islam is a religion, not an ethnicity. People have the right to practice any religion they choose in this country under the First Amendment. Not all Muslims immigrated here from somewhere else,--there are native born Americans who've converted to Islam as well, just as not all Muslim immigrants to our country are Arabs or radical Islamists.

I don't agree at with the tenets of Islam..but I don't agree at a lot of Catholicism or Evangelical Christianity or Hinduism either. But as long as someone is peaceful in following their faith and not breaking any laws, I have no qualms with them. And yes, there are peaceful moderate Muslims in America--I'm friends with a few of them. Can I tell if a random Muslim of Arab descent is a potential terrorist--no, just as I can't tell if a random white man walking down my street is a potential serial killer or if a random black man is a drug dealer.

Do I feel that any mosques (or any other religious organization) espousing radical or dangerous beliefs should be monitored closely?..Yes, but our law enforcement has been doing that for years already. And I feel we should limit immigration with our current economic situation and be extremely cautious of who is being admitted into this country. But if an Muslim engineer or scientist wants to immigrate to this country and contribute to it, I'm fine with that.

It's not an issue of whether I think this country is better or worse off with Muslims or any other religious or cultural group, it's that I support the freedom of this religion in this country. I might feel this country would be better off without the fundamentalist Christians who propose teaching creationism in our public schools science classes or banning stem cell research..however this is America and they are free to express their opinions and faith.

So yes, I feel our country is better off with Muslims living here, just as it's better off with all of the religious and ethnic groups in this country today who've contributed to America. I choose not to live my life in the grip of fear like so many others on this board choose to do.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Islam is a religion, not an ethnicity. People have the right to practice any religion they choose in this country under the First Amendment. Not all Muslims immigrated here from somewhere else,--there are native born Americans who've converted to Islam as well, just as not all Muslim immigrants to our country are Arabs or radical Islamists.

I don't agree at with the tenets of Islam..but I don't agree at a lot of Catholicism or Evangelical Christianity or Hinduism either. But as long as someone is peaceful in following their faith and not breaking any laws, I have no qualms with them. And yes, there are peaceful moderate Muslims in America--I'm friends with a few of them. Can I tell if a random Muslim of Arab descent is a potential terrorist--no, just as I can't tell if a random white man walking down my street is a potential serial killer or if a random black man is a drug dealer.

Do I feel that any mosques (or any other religious organization) espousing radical or dangerous beliefs should be monitored closely?..Yes, but our law enforcement has been doing that for years already. And I feel we should limit immigration with our current economic situation and be extremely cautious of who is being admitted into this country. But if an Muslim engineer or scientist wants to immigrate to this country and contribute to it, I'm fine with that.

It's not an issue of whether I think this country is better or worse off with Muslims or any other religious or cultural group, it's that I support the freedom of this religion in this country. I might feel this country would be better off without the fundamentalist Christians who propose teaching creationism in our public schools science classes or banning stem cell research..however this is America and they are free to express their opinions and faith.

So yes, I feel our country is better off with Muslims living here, just as it's better off with all of the religious and ethnic groups in this country today who've contributed to America. I choose not to live my life in the grip of fear like so many others on this board choose to do.
Exactly.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 AM

277 posts, read 368,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look at the countries as if they could both exist at the same time in the world today, each were identical except for their religious makeup.

You should ask yourself a few questions before answering....

Do you think this country is safer with or without muslims?

Do you think this country is more stable with or without muslims?

Do you think the people of this country would be more happy with or without muslims?

And please keep all mentions of politics out of it, this should only come from your heart. Where would you really want to live? And why?
There are thousands of muslims who live, work, worship and contribute peacefully. 99.99% are good people. Why wouldn't I want them here. Christians have been known to be terrorists also. The spaniards brought Catholic priests with them to the new world. These priests would tell the Indians to convert or face death. Did that mean that all christians were bad people? No. You can not take the actions of a handful of people and judge a whole race, religion or group. It's wrong and it's does not represent our values as Americans. What makes the United States unique is it's diverse people, including our brother's who practice Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies