Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM

301 posts, read 208,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmm yeah it is new for prisoners of war. Again we need education reform ASAP!
KSM is not a POW...

Your ill founded insults make you appear ever more ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here's exactly what Obama said in debates with John McCain:

"And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden; we will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

"I understand the difference between tactics & strategy. And the strategic question that the president has to ask is not whether or not we are employing a particular approach in the country once we have made the decision to be there. The question is, was this wise? We have seen Afghanistan deteriorate. We need more troops there. We should end [the Iraq] war responsibly. We should do it in phases. In 16 months we should be able to reduce our combat troops and bolster our efforts in Afghanistan so that we can capture and kill bin Laden and crush al Qaeda."

Before or after he reads him his Miranda rights. LOL.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I agree bring them to justice but NOT here NOT in American courts were they get the FULL rights of an American citizen. This should have been done in the Military court NOT here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign a letter to President Obama telling him NOT to bring them here:
FDNY NEWS - FDNY LIVE HOME - FDNY Officially Licensed Merchandise - The FDNY Online Fire Store
So foreigners should get a lower level of due process than citizens?

Do you approve of this for US citizens on trial overseas in foreign countries?

They should be in courts where it is easier to convict them?

Old 11-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
KSM is not a POW...

Your ill founded insults make you appear ever more ignorant.

Mmmm we are at war with Al Qaeda, he is a leader of Al Qaeda he is our prisoner. He is a prisoner of war. It must be the new math that drives them crazy.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here's exactly what Obama said in debates with John McCain:

"And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden; we will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

"I understand the difference between tactics & strategy. And the strategic question that the president has to ask is not whether or not we are employing a particular approach in the country once we have made the decision to be there. The question is, was this wise? We have seen Afghanistan deteriorate. We need more troops there. We should end [the Iraq] war responsibly. We should do it in phases. In 16 months we should be able to reduce our combat troops and bolster our efforts in Afghanistan so that we can capture and kill bin Laden and crush al Qaeda."
Please advise how this is relevant..

"It's a national security priority"....I can't find the word war. If we capture him we will prosecute him. If he's killed in the process, so be it.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am thrilled that the mastermind of the 9-11 attack is now going to get the same rights as me. Isnt that wonderful
Wow! Suspected criminals should not even get a "fair trial"?....LOL

If you want to know how low the right wing has sunk. I'd point to this post by Jadex.

They want to throw out all that his good about America and drag us into the gutter with the terrorists.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmm we are at war with Al Qaeda, he is a leader of Al Qaeda he is our prisoner. He is a prisoner of war. It must be the new math that drives them crazy.
Please refer me to where congress declared war on AQ.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:12 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Let's all keep something in mind:

By letting convicted terrorists into the American prison system, we are giving them uber-fertile recuriting grounds for them to spread their ideological filth.
They'll be in Supermax, not regular prison. They're not going to have anyone to recruit there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
This was an act of terrorism not war..There can be no declaration of war against an individual. We were at war with Germany and Japan. We're not at war with KSM.

These are criminal trials not civil trials.
Let's say, just for the sake of discussion that some sort of WMD is employed by some Islamic terrorist groups, one attack kills 200,000 in Boston, and a week later another one in NYC and kills one million, are we at war yet?

I'm just trying to get you to think outside the box here.

With the weapons we have now, it does not take a standing army with a general or national leader to publicliy declare, and then carry a war onto our shores. Our enemies can quietly finance a few hundred people who will gladly commit acts of war for them. Should we not treat these attacks as acts of war, or do we wait for the above examples before we decide we are being attacked by people who are at war with us, or maybe not even then?

Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Please refer me to where congress declared war on AQ.

Ahh see folks the lefties refuse to believe we are at war with Al Qaeda, I think it is very instructive. But to humor you. When US soldiers were captured in Korea were they POWs? Mmmm yes. Did we ever declare war against Korea Mmmm Nope.

Oh by the way Dear Leader says we are at war with Al Queda.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...errorism-over/

"The only terminology that Mr. Brennan said the administration is using is that the U.S. is "at war with al Qaeda.""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies