Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If someone touches you, you call the police.
And how long shall the attack continue? Until the police show up?

If someone touches you, it's an assault. Anyone being assaulted may respond with force necessary to stop such assault and prevent further attack. (Of course, what's "necessary" is open to interpretation.)

The police will arrive to determine what happened, take some notes, etc., but will not be there to protect you prior to the assault.

But I guess the important thing to you in this story is that the perpetrator was able to freely practice his religion and express himself, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 01:57 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

If someone touches you, it's an assault. Anyone being assaulted may respond with force necessary to stop such assault and prevent further attack. (Of course, what's "necessary" is open to interpretation.)

The police will arrive to determine what happened, take some notes, etc., but will not be there to protect you prior to the assault.

But I guess the important thing to you in this story is that the perpetrator was able to freely practice his religion and express himself, eh?
Yep, that is their outlook on this while this same poster hurls insults at Christians and says that they should be done away with.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Yep, that is their outlook on this while this same poster hurls insults at Christians and says that they should be done away with.
And we have another thread bashing the rednecks (southerners) for for their attitude towards Muslims.

I'm starting to think that far left liberals are more narrow minded and hateful than the groups they bash.

They are two faced at best...putting down one group while defending another..sometimes in the same sentence.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Now, that's just plain crazy talk.

Is it? Muslims have demanded and gotten Sharia courts in England and Canada.

Why would that not happen here?

In ever contry where muslims have reached a certain threashold of the population, Sharia Law has followed.

In every country with a Muslim Majority, Sharia Law is the basis of their national legal system.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:14 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You can enact all the policy you want..but what happens when you get physically attacked ?
Is that a trick question? You fight back until the danger is over. Detain the perpetrator if you can. If you're in a losing fight, disengage and retreat if possible.

But acting with the bravado displayed in several of the replies here moves way beyond self-defense. You do not escalate. You certainly do not do anything that can be construed as unnecessary violence or, worse, revenge.

Get out alive and unharmed and give the DA the best possible case against the perpetrator. Giving in to the urge to dispense a bit of street justice will put the bad guy back on the street faster and yourself in big trouble.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
LOL

What about bindis, burkas, Sikh turbans, skullcaps? ... did I leave anything out?
Bone in nose and bells on toes.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:15 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And we have another thread bashing the rednecks (southerners) for for their attitude towards Muslims.

I'm starting to think that far left liberals are more narrow minded and hateful than the groups they bash.

They are two faced at best...putting down one group while defending another..sometimes in the same sentence.
I know, I just went through that in another thread where the OP was calling out the rednecks about how dumb and backwards they are, but defending Muslims and their right to believe what they believe.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:16 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

In some liberal states, before you use any force, you are required to attempt to retreat. If you cannot prove you tried to escape the assault, you can be charged with a crime equal or greater than your attacker.

I don’t know if California is like that but it would not shock me.

Liberals have a weird sense of justice.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:20 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree with this. What the rednecks on this forum don't understand is you can enact policy. I'm all for racially profiling, tighter screening, maintaining GITMO, limiting immigration from Islamic countries, but what I don't support is racism, bigotry and stupidity like the dumb marine redneck who beat up a guy for having a long beard because he thought he was a terrorist or idiot in Arizona who murdered a Sikh because he thought he was Muslim. The radical morons on this forum don't want to make that distinction.
Who does? You're creating a boogeyman that doesn't exist to mollify your own conflict.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Is it? Muslims have demanded and gotten Sharia courts in England and Canada.

Why would that not happen here?

In ever contry where muslims have reached a certain threashold of the population, Sharia Law has followed.

In every country with a Muslim Majority, Sharia Law is the basis of their national legal system.
Too many people with the "oh no..not in America. Can't happen here."
Fools, all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies