Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:55 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Once again, US President Barack Obama has demonstrated his intention of "putting light" between America and Israel. His hostility toward Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu during the latter's visit to Washington this week was breathtaking.

It isn't every day that you can see an American president leaving the prime minister of an allied government twisting in the wind for weeks before deciding to grant him an audience at the White House.

It isn't every day that a visiting leader from a strategically vital US ally is brought into the White House in an unmarked van in the middle of the night rather than greeted like a friend at the front door; is forbidden to have his picture taken with the president; is forced to leave the White House alone, through a side exit; and is ordered to keep the contents of his meeting with the president secret.
-------------------------

The ironic thing about Obama's nastiness toward Netanyahu and his arrogant treatment of the American Jewish community is that while it has made him the first US president to have no credibility among Israelis and has caused a 14 percent drop in his support among American Jews, it has failed utterly to earn him the trust of the Muslim world.

------------------------

As for the larger Muslim world, a report this week in The New York Times stated that the US's key Arab allies, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, have been perilously weakened since Obama took office

Obama's failure, Netanyahu's opportunity | Columnists | Jerusalem Post

It seems Obama rather sides with our enemies instead of our Ally's.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 08:58 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
I can't believe Obama treated him like some piece of trash like that. This speaks volumes of who BO really is.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:02 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
I don't see Israel as a "Vital Ally" just a parasite that lives off us. Which of oure other allies has been caught spying on us constantly

Old 11-13-2009, 09:03 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Given the fact that Obama talked tough in Cairo about "demanding that Israel halt new settlements in the West Bank", and then had Hillary modify the message to asking Israel to "slow the construction" of same, I'd say Bibi will somehow be able to handle a little discourtesy. I just hope Netanyahu isn't laughing too hard.

Obama is acting like a teenage girl who got stood up at the prom.

He's pouting.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Once again, US President Barack Obama has demonstrated his intention of "putting light" between America and Israel. His hostility toward Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu during the latter's visit to Washington this week was breathtaking.

It isn't every day that you can see an American president leaving the prime minister of an allied government twisting in the wind for weeks before deciding to grant him an audience at the White House.

It isn't every day that a visiting leader from a strategically vital US ally is brought into the White House in an unmarked van in the middle of the night rather than greeted like a friend at the front door; is forbidden to have his picture taken with the president; is forced to leave the White House alone, through a side exit; and is ordered to keep the contents of his meeting with the president secret.
-------------------------

The ironic thing about Obama's nastiness toward Netanyahu and his arrogant treatment of the American Jewish community is that while it has made him the first US president to have no credibility among Israelis and has caused a 14 percent drop in his support among American Jews, it has failed utterly to earn him the trust of the Muslim world.

------------------------

As for the larger Muslim world, a report this week in The New York Times stated that the US's key Arab allies, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, have been perilously weakened since Obama took office

Obama's failure, Netanyahu's opportunity | Columnists | Jerusalem Post

It seems Obama rather sides with our enemies instead of our Ally's.....
Might want to post some actual cases of where President Obama treated American Jews with arrogance. Arriving in an unmarked van was probably a lot safer than riding around with flags flying saying shoot me. No one forced the issue so sounds more like someone is making mountain over a mole hill.
Allies: Egypt, they danced in the streets on 9-11, with allies such as them we do not need enemies, I would cut off ALL aid to their nation. SA, the Royal pals of oil men like Bush and Cheney, they would stab us in the back if were not for the oil they sell us and the security we provide them, don't confuse a business arrangement with being friends.
Casper

Old 11-13-2009, 10:49 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Given the fact that Obama talked tough in Cairo about "demanding that Israel halt new settlements in the West Bank", and then had Hillary modify the message to asking Israel to "slow the construction" of same, I'd say Bibi will somehow be able to handle a little discourtesy. I just hope Netanyahu isn't laughing too hard.

Obama is acting like a teenage girl who got stood up at the prom.

He's pouting.
Didn't he also avoid meeting the Dalai Lama?

So far, he is living down to my pre-election expectations.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:00 AM

301 posts, read 208,470 times
Where were you guys when Bush was dismissing ALL of our alllies??

You're cherrypicking people Obama hasn't met with yet, hilarious.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Where were you guys when Bush was dismissing ALL of our alllies??

You're cherrypicking people Obama hasn't met with yet, hilarious.
Ah, a history student. Keep looking back.You're going to be doing a lot of it to keep those blinders in pace.

Hit "pause" when you come to "Hope and Change."

Old 11-13-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

I have to admit, he had me fooled. I was so ga-ga over a black guy getting elected, I forgot about the governing part.

But hey. He's still better than Bush.

But it's getting closer by the day....

Old 11-13-2009, 11:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

And he is living up to mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies