Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Tell the recession is over to people in Europe...many are out of a job and I have friends and family who fear to loose their job any day now....no way it is over...the only thing they do is cut hours and since you can't have 2 jobs...too bad...who cares.

Btw the government is now making the retirement age go up to 67 from 65 otherwise not enough people are bringing in taxes since the majority of the people is elderly...and unemployed, specially under the muslims unemployment is sky high and so is the crime amongst them.

Years ago my dad had to retire at 62,5 due to the government had the plan to create more jobs that way...Unfortunately my dad wanted to work and nobody could replace him in his job but he had to retire....the company he worked for (PHILIPS) came up with a great idea...he could help a new person on the job...for free and since my dad loved the job so much he was so nice and maybe stupid enough to do that.....

It was very sad to see a man so young and so full of love for his job, to have to retire....now they are gone up first to 65 and now probably up to 67...

That is the same as we had when we had our business in Europe...employees hours were cut back by the unions from 40 hours a week to 39 hours a week at first to create more jobs...like 1 hour less a week per person was creating a job in a small business...we still had to pay the employees the same as before so we closed our doors 1 hour earlier, since in our business I culdn't hire a person for 6 hours a week...

Later the unions thought it would be better to have a 36 hour work week to create more jobs and again we closed half an hour earlier in the evening since that was not a busy time...

Now they want to go back to 40 hours a week....and the employees got the same salary for the 36 hour week as for 40 hours...now they wat to go back to 40 hours a week and the small businesses have to pay more...like small businesses have so much money with the ridiculous high taxes in Europe...it is killing businesses and for sure getting all the fun out of being self employed over there...

Doctors and others in the medical field are getting the same for 1 patient under public health care, if they come 1 time a yr or 10 times...so guess what they rather see the next one who never showed up yet and many doctor's quit due to stress of having to see too many patients and not being able to make more money the harder they work...all proof that freemarkets is what makes people want to work harder and enjoy them self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 PM

277 posts, read 368,619 times
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
The recession is over.

The economic policies of the EU and the ECB has seen our soon to be federal State pull clear from recession.

Yet another success for Europe.

Praise the lord I'm European.

AFP: Europe crawls out of recession
Really. I say ALL AMERICANS stop buying products made in Europe. All Instead buying BMWs and Mercedes, we should be buying Cadillac and Lincolns.. Instead of buying Nokia, buy Motorola. That should help. If Europe is out of a recession it's ALWAYS thanks to America.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
S
Really. I say ALL AMERICANS stop buying products made in Europe. All Instead buying BMWs and Mercedes, we should be buying Cadillac and Lincolns.. Instead of buying Nokia, buy Motorola. That should help. If Europe is out of a recession it's ALWAYS thanks to America.
haha, yeah right.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31064179?slide=1

Europe has other trading partners. They couldn't care less how much we import.

Last edited by XodoX; 11-14-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Hmmm....Let's see, Europe consistently has unemployment levels that would be considered unacceptable in the United States.

Over the past thirty years, Europe's GDP increases and productivity increases have lagged behind the U.S. by .5% to 1% annually. Now, in a single year, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but over time, it has resulted in a huge gap in personal income, household income, etc. But don't take my word for it. Read this book by the economics editor of the Frankfurter Allegemeine. Amazon.com: Cowboy Capitalism: European Myths, American Reality (9781930865624): Olaf Gersemann: Books

But if you want to base your entire economic worldview on one year, then go right ahead.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
I predict the ascendency of Europe :
The natural order is being restored.

We really did get the lucky break to be born and to live in what is a great part of the world.

God bless Europe.
I'm happy that you love your continent so much. As for me, there is no greater place to live than USA!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
They never had a deep recession. Like Germany reported job growth already months ago. Our numbers are still bad and continue to get worse.
Can't compare it.
10% and higher unemployment is normal for many nations in Europe. What is normal for them is a recession for the US.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:16 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
10% and higher unemployment is normal for many nations in Europe. What is normal for them is a recession for the US.

Where's your source? Is it really too much to ask for?

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Where's your source? Is it really too much to ask for?
Goodness you are lazy. EU unemployment rates have historically been significantly higher than those of the US.

Euro Area Unemployment Rate

Google - public data

That is the last homework I am doing for you tonight. Try Google, it is your friend!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Of course you are right. Check out Spain and Germany, pretty shocking.

Spain - Unemployment rate - Historical Data Graphs per Year

Old 11-14-2009, 10:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course you are right. Check out Spain and Germany, pretty shocking.

Spain - Unemployment rate - Historical Data Graphs per Year
Good lord, look at those numbers.

Is that the best they can do?

Quote:
The Euro Area overall economy is the second largest, after the U.S.
Of course we knew this to be true. Maybe they'll add another nation to make up the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies