Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Carrie Prejean really does remind me of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 07:15 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
There are three things about this whole affair that confuse me:

1. Since Palin demonstrated that she is woefully ignorant of world affairs and unqualified to serve in national office, and lacked even the ability or commitment to serve out her term as governor, why do some people still support her as yet undefined ambitions? (I admit that I was an early supporter: she was young, female, and seemingly a fresh face from a dynamic part of the country. What was not to like? But I soon learned that she was dumb as dirt and had one of those soap-opera families that make us all glad for our own domestic situations, which we may have previously thought of as borderline bizarre, and which by comparison seem Ozzie and Harriet-like...)

2. Given all of the above, why do some people feel the need to continue to insult and criticize someone who is obviously not smart enough to even know when to quit?

3. What motivates Palin to continue to act as if she were qualified to comment on world and national affairs, to dupe those people who continue to see her as a potentially viable leader, and to serve as a punching bag for those other people who for some reason feel a need to mock a person with no ability or credibility?

I don't get it. Palin's supporters, her detractors, and Palin herself seem to lack a reason for their views and this expenditure of emotion and verbiage.

We've got real things to talk about and problems to solve. L'affaire Sarah is just so much wasted energy, IMHO...

Old 11-14-2009, 07:21 AM

Im mystified as to why she hasnt yet taken a Faux talk show job. You know they've offered it.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Im mystified as to why she hasnt yet taken a Faux talk show job. You know they've offered it.
She'd be no worse than Joy Behar. And considerably easier on the eyes.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:30 AM

She'd be great! And it would be what she's always wanted. I wonder what's holding it up.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
She'd be great! And it would be what she's always wanted. I wonder what's holding it up.
You may be right. Maybe we should start shunting all of our failed politicians into television slots. That way people like you and me would never have to pay attention to them again, since we only watch classic movies and the fishing channel.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You may be right. Maybe we should start shunting all of our failed politicians into television slots. That way people like you and me would never have to pay attention to them again, since we only watch classic movies and the fishing channel.
Bwahaha, we've got em where we want em. Gimme that remote.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
There are three things about this whole affair that confuse me:

1. Since Palin demonstrated that she is woefully ignorant of world affairs and unqualified to serve in national office, and lacked even the ability or commitment to serve out her term as governor, why do some people still support her as yet undefined ambitions? (I admit that I was an early supporter: she was young, female, and seemingly a fresh face from a dynamic part of the country. What was not to like? But I soon learned that she was dumb as dirt and had one of those soap-opera families that make us all glad for our own domestic situations, which we may have previously thought of as borderline bizarre, and which by comparison seem Ozzie and Harriet-like...)

2. Given all of the above, why do some people feel the need to continue to insult and criticize someone who is obviously not smart enough to even know when to quit?

3. What motivates Palin to continue to act as if she were qualified to comment on world and national affairs, to dupe those people who continue to see her as a potentially viable leader, and to serve as a punching bag for those other people who for some reason feel a need to mock a person with no ability or credibility?

I don't get it. Palin's supporters, her detractors, and Palin herself seem to lack a reason for their views and this expenditure of emotion and verbiage.

We've got real things to talk about and problems to solve. L'affaire Sarah is just so much wasted energy, IMHO...

If hyper-inflation sets in during the next 3 years, a Limbaugh/Palin team could well be selected and/or elected.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
oh such a freaking victim is poor wittle Sawah ... anyone who buys her poor pitiful me crap is as silly as she is. If she can't take the political heat, she needs to exit. Obama has been called and compared to much much worse and she can't take it?????

WIMP!!!!!!
Who said she "can't take it" ? it's the left that says that. She's a tough lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Sarah lying? Who would have thought? In print, no less. I guess she wouldn't understand the implications of that, after all, it was pretty well established she doesn't do much reading and assumes Americans don't either.... actually she may be right on that one.
I suspect we don't have all the facts, and that someone is twisting and taking things out of context. Sorry to hear you don't read much (in other words, speak for yourself)

Old 11-14-2009, 11:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Who said she "can't take it" ? it's the left that says that. She's a tough lady.

I suspect we don't have all the facts, and that someone is twisting and taking things out of context. Sorry to hear you don't read much (in other words, speak for yourself)
if she's so tough then why does she have to "write" a book that whines about what a victim she is??? i thought that one of the hallmarks of the GnOP is personal responsibility ... she needs to take some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies