Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:19 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,774,901 times

Advertisements

Article from the NYTIMES you can read the full article at:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...ewanted=1&_r=1

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking ''only'' for reasonably priced rooms and not ''often'' going for the ''high-end, robe-and-slippers'' hotels.

THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. ... [MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-14-2009 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 08:22 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Palin's new book needs some fact checking
Well, that's a shock.....

Old 11-14-2009, 08:36 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,413,829 times
Why am I not suprised? This woman couldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it. I truly believe she represents everything that is wrong in politics today. I also find it ironic that although she couldn't complete her term as govenor, she will most likely be running for the highest office in the land. This book is obviously paving the way for her to announce running for President, be frightened but don't be suprised.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,659,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Why am I not suprised? This woman couldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it. I truly believe she represents everything that is wrong in politics today. I also find it ironic that although she couldn't complete her term as govenor, she will most likely be running for the highest office in the land. This book is obviously paving the way for her to announce running for President, be frightened but don't be suprised.
She's going to be your next President so you had better get used to her!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
Remember the Dukester? He's back, under another half-clever name, and posting DNC talking points just as fast as he can Google 'em....

Old 11-14-2009, 08:49 AM

745 posts, read 1,437,600 times
Surprise, surprise.... NY Times aggressively "fact checking" a Sarah Palin book.

Too bad they are not this aggressive to get the scoop in other areas. ACORN for example.

I wonder if NY Times would "fact check" a Jon Edwards book or a Nancy Pelosi book.

Too funny. The NY Times has no objectivity.... they lost their credibility long ago.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:08 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
"Why am I not suprised?"

A complete lack of intellectual curiosity I would expext.

Never read a slander piece before?

You can spot them by "the quotes" out of "context". They'll write a sentence with a slanted interpretation that doesn't mesh with the actual statements. Every so often they'll have a word or two "in quotes" that in no way establishes "a" complete "thought". If what they "claimed" her to be saying were "true", they would include the entire sentence. But that would take all the fun out of lying about what she actually said.

Do you believe everything they tell you?

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
So conservative authors deserve to be fact checked under an electron microscope while liberal authors get praise without any fact checking. Wish they'd fact checked themselves this hard when Stalin ran the USSR or when Jason Blair was making up stories, or any time any a candidate they supported said anything.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
she's going to be your next president so you had better get used to her!
Yes! Please push for a PALIN/BECK ticket!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,334,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Why am I not suprised?"

A complete lack of intellectual curiosity I would expext.

Never read a slander piece before?

You can spot them by "the quotes" out of "context". They'll write a sentence with a slanted interpretation that doesn't mesh with the actual statements. Every so often they'll have a word or two "in quotes" that in no way establishes "a" complete "thought". If what they "claimed" her to be saying were "true", they would include the entire sentence. But that would take all the fun out of lying about what she actually said.

Do you believe everything they tell you?
Well, your side perfected the art of quoting out of context, didn't they?? I could probably dig up a couple of those scary Obama threads that were based on taking his books apart, sentence by sentence, and then spinning them to suit RWNJ purposes.

Turn about is fair play....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies