Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:32 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Mods: feel free to move this topic if needed.

More and more: with Mexico showing the classic signs of collapse due in large part to the narco terrorism; will it become necessary to the USA to step in with military and LE to secure Juarez, etc?

What I am leading up to is we may be facing a tidal wave of refugees very soon.

My question being: what should the USA do with the impending horde? Noramlly I would advocate 'shoot to kill' orders for our Border Patrol (which were implemented during that rush of the checkpoint @ San Diego a few months ago); just that taking down people who are fleeing for their lives does leave me cold.

Should the USA set up internment camps here or sweep into Mexico proper and set up facilities there?

As many of you know; I 'called' the recession here in the USA back in 2007 long before it came to pass-----------and, I have a sick premonition that we will be faced with what I outlined above concerning Mexico in possibly a matter of months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
I believe they are already planning phase 1 through the hotel accommodations for “newly arrived asylum seekers.” The U.S. will do whatever is necessary to appease the Mexican government, as long as Mexico continues to supply this country with cheap labor. I wouldn’t be the least surprised if we soon have 30% of the citizens of Mexico living here.

Quote:
Referring to noncriminals such as newly arrived asylum seekers, Napolitano said, "We will begin efforts to house these populations near immigration service providers and pursue different options like converted hotels or residential facilities for their detention."
U.S. to house detained migrants in converted hotels | U.S. | Reuters

Old 11-15-2009, 11:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
It already is and has been a tidal wave of refugess -- one excuse or another for coming to the USA for money. It's only the border regions that are experiencing out of control crime, and that has a lot to do with a population that has no stake in the future of their city because they're only there until they can make their exit to the USA.

Open borders are not benefitting Mexico. Also the so-called refugees of violence were very likely involved in violence themselves and are escaping their own cartel or an opposing cartel. A lot of them are not innocent in the least.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I believe they are already planning phase 1 through the hotel accommodations for “newly arrived asylum seekers.” The U.S. will do whatever is necessary to appease the Mexican government, as long as Mexico continues to supply this country with cheap labor. I wouldn’t be the least surprised if we soon have 30% of the citizens of Mexico living here.

U.S. to house detained migrants in converted hotels | U.S. | Reuters
It really is just all about that -- cheap labor and easy money and government handouts for the so-called refugees. Mexico is only dangerous in certain areas along the border, in part because an open border allows for criminals to harvest all kinds of money and avoid justice. There is no reason at all that the refugees can't go to Mexico City or Guadalajara or Oaxaca where things are perfectly safe.

The worst thing is that many of the cartel members have the money to purchase laser visas and are now packing up and moving their families over to the USA where they somehow believe they will be better protected. The businesses are moving over but nothing stops the extortionists from coming right on over with them.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:40 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Do you believe in history repeating itself,or in historical cycles?if so,there may be a precedent in place in the history of Mexico.In 1810 Mexico revolted against Spain in their war for independence.In 1910,one hundred years later,the second Mexican revolution and civil war started.Is Mexico destined for revolution every hundred years?If so,2010 is drawing very close.Could there be a modern day Father Hidalgo or Francisco Madero that will light the spark that would ignite the nation?

Old 11-15-2009, 05:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It already is and has been a tidal wave of refugess -- one excuse or another for coming to the USA for money. It's only the border regions that are experiencing out of control crime, and that has a lot to do with a population that has no stake in the future of their city because they're only there until they can make their exit to the USA.

Open borders are not benefitting Mexico. Also the so-called refugees of violence were very likely involved in violence themselves and are escaping their own cartel or an opposing cartel. A lot of them are not innocent in the least.
Bingo! Many are not refugees; rather, they are criminals on the run. I wonder how many innocent people have been murdered by some of these poor “asylum seekers.”

Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 PM

277 posts, read 368,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mods: feel free to move this topic if needed.

More and more: with Mexico showing the classic signs of collapse due in large part to the narco terrorism; will it become necessary to the USA to step in with military and LE to secure Juarez, etc?

What I am leading up to is we may be facing a tidal wave of refugees very soon.

My question being: what should the USA do with the impending horde? Noramlly I would advocate 'shoot to kill' orders for our Border Patrol (which were implemented during that rush of the checkpoint @ San Diego a few months ago); just that taking down people who are fleeing for their lives does leave me cold.

Should the USA set up internment camps here or sweep into Mexico proper and set up facilities there?

As many of you know; I 'called' the recession here in the USA back in 2007 long before it came to pass-----------and, I have a sick premonition that we will be faced with what I outlined above concerning Mexico in possibly a matter of months.
Once all the American drug addicts stop funding the narcos, things should cool off. Remember America....Just Say No!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Once all the American drug addicts stop funding the narcos, things should cool off. Remember America....Just Say No!
Or We can treat the border as a threat and actually use our troops to secure it once and for all. In other words use the troops as they were intended. Defend the nation from all enamies foreign and domestic.
The fact that we went to war with not 1 but 2 nations over 911, which represents far fewer casualties than those inflicted by illegals should be a motivating force. No matter how the pro-illegal tries to sugar coat the impact of illegals one fact can not be denied. American citizens are being killed, wounded and victimized every single day.
Seal the border and eliminate the primary drug routes of the narcos.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
As it is: the drugs from Mexico are being stopped/interdicted at the USA border forcing the cartels to unload their 'product' SoB.

Note the nature of the crimes being committed these days in Juarez, Tijuana, etc. Decapitations, etc. are rather new in Mx society and sure have the hallmarks of people being high on Meth.

Besides: a lot of Mx's drugs are going directly to Europe these days bypassing the USA.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
With the way our economies are tied together. It would be impossible for Mexico to go down and not the US. If Mexico goes down, the US will too. Can the US afford to help and lift Mexico, if the US is in the same conditions? I dont think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies