Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,223,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Then so is "black power" or "black pride". Lots of racist black people out there.
Well, it's certainly clear from reading this board that there are indeed a lot of white racists out there......STILL, after all these years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,309,738 times
I swear some of these comments on this board make me want to go find the whitest girl I can find and just tongue kiss the hell out of her in front of some of these racist bastards...and I'm not even a huge fancier of the white chicks.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,665,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I swear some of these comments on this board make me want to go find the whitest girl I can find and just tongue kiss the hell out of her in front of some of these racist bastards...and I'm not even a huge fancier of the white chicks.
Hey, tb4000, I'm up for it, and some of the Mr.divas of the past have even said I'm a good kisser. The current (and always, I hope) Mr.diva is Chinese-American and he loves my white girl self, and I think for these purposes he would allow us to have at it orally, so to speak. Kinda like a sexy public service announcement. So, where do you want to meet, in the back of the school parking lot? Or would right by my locker work?

Old 11-17-2009, 11:51 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,665,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
It is the same thing. Would you feel better about Irish pride? Italian? Just because there is a lot of something, doesn't mean you can't be proud of it.
I never said that you *can't* be proud of it, I merely said that I don't see the point in being proud of something that most white people are proud of already. I'm looking for an analogy here that will make sense to you. OK, think about this. Imagine a society in which about 80% of the people prefer apples, while 20% of the people prefer oranges. In what universe would it make sense for the apple-favoring people to engage in an apple-favoring parade? It would make way more sense for the orange-favoring people to host such a parade because it is their point of view that isn't the most widely held one. If I lived in a world that was divided along 80% apples and 20% oranges lines, I would be really surprised if the apple lovers all of a sudden started calling foul. In fact, I would begin to think that the apple lovers were either being delusional or dishonest, since everywhere they would look, there would be more apple than orange lovers. I would be left wondering, "WTF is it with these apple lovers! When will they ever be happy!" If one subscribes to this analogy, then the white pride apologists are like apple lovers. Apple-loving voices crying out in a wilderness that is no wilderness at all, but rather a very crowded field of fellow apple lovers. The rest of us are on the sidelines, saying, "um, no one is saying you can't both love and have your apples? And the problem, is, exactly what, again?"

Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,108,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Well, it's certainly clear from reading this board that there are indeed a lot of white racists out there......STILL, after all these years.

Certainly clear from reading this board that there are many liberals that do not understand the concept of racism

Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,338,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Certainly clear from reading this board that there are many liberals that do not understand the concept of racism
This police officer used racial epithets to describe Blacks yet that isn't racist? Yeah, blame the liberals when conservatives use weak arguments to deny the obvious. Seriously, what defines racism to you guys? Does a person need to be dragged behind a car before an act is officially considered racist in the good ole boy dictionary?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,108,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This police officer used racial epithets to describe Blacks yet that isn't racist? Yeah, blame the liberals when conservatives use weak arguments to deny the obvious.

The guy he was referring to in the post I mentioned was not racist although you think everyone who disagrees with you must be a racist

Old 11-18-2009, 05:04 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,029,878 times
One thing that I have always noted is that diversity trianing is always aimed at white employeees without them actaully having done anyhting. Diversity training is political correctness training to benefit the employers in case of suits and nothing else as there are so many suit happy people now days tying up the courts over BS.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,629,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I wish more white people would understand that they are in the position of privilege in this society. Nobody ever tried to destroy their culture or even their humanness, their equality.....hence, no need for declarations of white pride, because that has never been under question.
Agree 100%. I'm white and have always been aware of it.

"White pride" is racism, plain and simple.

That cop was bad news.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,629,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Yup. I don't come here that often, because it genuinely gets me very upset. I can't stand it (I'm white).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies