U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 01:27 PM

44,884 posts, read 30,930,267 times

Advertisements

Is there a chance that we are using so much PC that we are dooming ourselves to something like little terroristic attacks by trying to defend people like Hasan? I firmly believe there is and all the attempts to defend him have been foolish and in the end, fruitless.

Every time I read, view, or hear the latest attempt to portray Nidal Malik Hasan as a “loner” or “victim of racism” or “psychotic” – or (this may be my favorite) someone suffering from something called “PRE-traumatic stress disorder,” I am torn between the desire to scream or laugh. My internal conflict increases when I hear Chicago Mayor Daley suggest the problem is that Americans love guns too much.

Read the article here:

David R. Stokes : The Fertile Crescent - Townhall.com (http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidRStokes/2009/11/15/the_fertile_crescent?page=full&comments=true - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 01:30 PM

17,535 posts, read 22,879,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a chance that we are using so much PC that we are dooming ourselves to something like little terroristic attacks by trying to defend people like Hasan? I firmly believe there is and all the attempts to defend him have been foolish and in the end, fruitless.

Every time I read, view, or hear the latest attempt to portray Nidal Malik Hasan as a “loner” or “victim of racism” or “psychotic” – or (this may be my favorite) someone suffering from something called “PRE-traumatic stress disorder,” I am torn between the desire to scream or laugh. My internal conflict increases when I hear Chicago Mayor Daley suggest the problem is that Americans love guns too much.

Read the article here:

David R. Stokes : The Fertile Crescent - Townhall.com (http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidRStokes/2009/11/15/the_fertile_crescent?page=full&comments=true - broken link)
There is NO SUCH THING as PRE-traumatic Stress Disorder. He made it up.
This guy was born here in the USA. He volunteered for the Army. The is simply a Traitor and a Murderer.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:33 PM

19,215 posts, read 14,211,042 times
President Reagan would have avoided the whole PC controversy by simply naming Hasan a "coward".

What is the current punishment for cowardice during war?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:37 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,722,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This guy was born here in the USA. He volunteered for the Army. The is simply a Traitor and a Murderer.

WRONG ! He is an islamic terrorist plain and simple .

PC Americans better wake up and speak out against radical muslem sympathizers .

All military officers who kept quite about this traitor are no better than he is. They are cowards who just caused death to our soldiers, imo .

Old 11-15-2009, 02:04 PM

44,884 posts, read 30,930,267 times
Quote:
The man was referring to the fact that many were trying to make such a thing as pre-traumatic stress disorder into a fact to fit Hasan. He said he didn't know whether to scream or laugh about that one. Of course, there is no such thing but to some PC people it may work as an excuse for him.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
The man was referring to the fact that many were trying to make such a thing as pre-traumatic stress disorder into a fact to fit Hasan. He said he didn't know whether to scream or laugh about that one. Of course, there is no such thing but to some PC people it may work as an excuse for him.

Well, it could be an advanced case of the jitters.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
WRONG ! He is an islamic terrorist plain and simple .

PC Americans better wake up and speak out against radical muslem sympathizers .

All military officers who kept quite about this traitor are no better than he is. They are cowards who just caused death to our soldiers, imo .
Should the bystanders be prosecuted?

Old 11-15-2009, 02:31 PM

17,535 posts, read 22,879,072 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with PC, Doctors don't rat out other Doctors, just as Judges don't rat out judges and Congressmen don't rat out congressmen.
Now those Doctors who neglected their duty by turning a blind eye are trying to justify their inaction.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with PC, Doctors don't rat out other Doctors, just as Judges don't rat out judges and Congressmen don't rat out congressmen.
Now those Doctors who neglected their duty by turning a blind eye are trying to justify their inaction.
Snitches and whistleblowers are considered the problem, not the prevention, in this country.

Challenger whistle blower speaks

Old 11-15-2009, 02:49 PM

6,055 posts, read 6,773,800 times
I don't know who is defending Jihadists. There are some, who try to analyze and understand his personality, which in my opinion is a total waste of time. Others are wasting time by trying to define him - "Jihadist" or "Psychotic" or misfit or whatever. That is part of political correctness. What needs to be answered is how this guy served in the armed forces. Why was he kept there even after he exhibited signs of stress? Why not release him ASAP?
Another interesting point - anti American extremists, are allowed to immigrate and settle in the US officially. The blind Imam form the first world trade center bombing, the 9/11 terrorists, a Taliban spokesman who studied at Yale, the Yemenite cleric who spreads anti American propaganda on the internet, or Najibullah Zazi - the immigrant from Afghanistan. They were all legally in the US. We try to seal the border with Mexico but at the same time we let in our worst enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies