Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 PM

279 posts, read 760,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Insulting is so typical of the Left. I don't care about your agenda because you don't care about facts or truths. I believe in our Constitution and I know my rights. I Love my Freedom as an American Citizen and I'll be damned if I'm going to have them taken away. People need to know the truth because WE ARE BEING LIED TO.
Apparently I can tell the difference between truth and lies a lot better than you can. If you think fox news, washington times, etc are reliable news sources without an agenda - no more needs to be said.

I believe in our constitution as well but I also think I've got a better grip on what it really means than you do. I saw the previous president basically trash it by spying on its own citizens and using torture.

What specifically with a new health care bill is unconstitutional? I'd like a straight answer and not some link to a stupid right wing news organization.

Try real journalism for a change.

Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 01:10 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
FORCING EVERY AMERICAN TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!
READ THE CONSTITUTION FOR YOURSELF.

Reforming our Health care system is something different then the spin on this issue.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:19 AM

where

U.S. Constitution - Contents | LII / Legal Information Institute

Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 AM

I'll show you the section that bush violated

Article I | LII / Legal Information Institute

Old 11-27-2009, 01:03 PM

Presidents and Congress have been doing things against our Constitution for years. This issue is not Dem. or Rep. We have sent petitions to the the Government for years to be heard. They ignore our requests!!! To educate yourself about our RIGHTS,the CONSTITUTION and what is being done to help the American people. ONLY "WE THE PEOPLE" CAN CHANGE THE PROBLEMS.

Everyone PLEASE get involved--tell your family and friends--Sign the Petition,listen to what is being done on OUR behalf. This site IS OUR ONLY HOPE!!!

Continental Congress 2009 November 11 - 22, 2009 The Next Step for a Free Pe

Old 11-27-2009, 01:39 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
I'm not exactly in favor of a public healthcare option, but why in the world is this thread in the Wisconsin forum?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:08 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I'm not exactly in favor of a public healthcare option, but why in the world is this thread in the Wisconsin forum?
The question I asked myself, too.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:21 AM

My letter was posted in Wi papers. This is a forum for the people of Wi.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
My letter was posted in Wi papers. This is a forum for the people of Wi.
I guess they did a poor job of screening.

The forum is for the people of wisconsin but it is intended for researching different cities and the pros and cons of them.

If you haven't noticed they also have a place for this kind of crap in a different forum, you should post it there: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

Posting this kind of crap here just gives the state of wisconsin a bad name. Even though Wisconsin has had a democratic lean for most of its existence, a bunch of loud mouthed right wingers fool some people into thinking it's a red state. There are certainly "red" regions within the state and for the people visiting this site, we can tell them where they are so they can be avoided.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:59 AM

If there are no mods here and this thread is allowed to continue to exist, I asked a pretty straight forward question - the link for the constitution is posted above. You have access to the health care bill. So post the exerpts of each and show me where they are in conflict. I'm waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies