Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 12:10 PM

37,119 posts, read 42,160,322 times

Advertisements

I suspose much depends on your mindset. If you are the type who sees danger everywhere you will be more inclinded to keep a gun on you than someone who doesn't. I don't myself, but that's just how my life played out. I won't judge you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,619,294 times
Because Jack LaLanne is physically capable, even as a geriatric. You made the insinuation that geriatrics could not be physically capable.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,229,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Because Jack LaLanne is physically capable, even as a geriatric. You made the insinuation that geriatrics could not be physically capable.
LaLane is clearly the exception to the rule - you know, or should know, it.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:38 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,588,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
LaLane is clearly the exception to the rule - you know, or should know, it.
LOL Hell, Greatday, I am finished with arguing with him. Maybe others will have better luck!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:48 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,588,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ok, podner, have it your way! Have a nice day!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:01 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,484,344 times
Guys,come on,this is an interesting thread,let's continue it,within the parameters of CDF...

Let's expand it to your critisism about the existing carry laws...

Your opinions & proposals for improvement...

Should there be classes for CCL,as for driving licenses?

What about the age requirements & the "gun free "zones ...?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,749,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Why convert the non gun people ?

To save their lives,
to protect them from crime,
to assist them in building a brave,energetic,dynamic character,
to assist them in having a better quality of life,free of fear,intimidation,insecurity...
Ridiculous.
I've lived 59 years just fine without a gun
my family (sons, siblings, nieces and nephews) already describe me as brave, fairly energetic and dynamic
since I'm already free of fear, intimidation and insecurity, how would owning a gun help me?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:21 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,484,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Ridiculous.
I've lived 59 years just fine without a gun
my family (sons, siblings, nieces and nephews) already describe me as brave, fairly energetic and dynamic
since I'm already free of fear, intimidation and insecurity, how would owning a gun help me?

Any comment of value,such as yours,is constructive.
Let me ask u,in those 59 years,were u ever in a situation when u would have to act in self defence ?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,429,041 times
Quote:
Guys,come on,this is an interesting thread,let's continue it,within the parameters of CDF...

Let's expand it to your critisism about the existing carry laws...

Your opinions & proposals for improvement...

Should there be classes for CCL,as for driving licenses?
No. In fact, there should be no CCL requirement at all. People should be able to carry any type of weapon they want, anywhere they want, any time they want, just like in Alaska.

Quote:
What about the age requirements & the "gun free "zones ...?
No age requirements, and no "gun free zones" either.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,077,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No. In fact, there should be no CCL requirement at all. People should be able to carry any type of weapon they want, anywhere they want, any time they want, just like in Alaska.

No age requirements, and no "gun free zones" either.

There are restrictions as to where a firearm can be carried in Alaska, sorry to inform you.

It is unlawful to possess a firearm, without the permission of the chief administrative officer of the school or district or the designee of the chief administrative officer, on any public or private school property, on a school bus while being transported to or from school, or at a school-sponsored event, or while participating in a school-sponsored event

It is unlawful to possess a firearm in a courthouse or courtroom, grounds of a day care center or parking lot immediately adjacent to these structures, or within a domestic violence or sexual assault shelter

Loaded firearms may not be possessed in any place where intoxicating liquor is sold for consumption on the premises
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies