Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 10:24 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,335,437 times

Advertisements

BTW, my comments about "doing nails and hair" and all the other ones like that were tongue-in-cheek ways at showing the hypocrisy. While Oprah and Sarah Palin can be openly sexist, they complain about every little thing that men do as being sexist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Going to a little league game is a fun activity. Working 8 Hours, commuting for two, washing clothes for a family of 5, cooking dinner and helping with homework on a daily basis are a little less on the fun side oh and forgot to add all while keeping up with your figure and good looks.
Again, who says that the father doesn't do all this? My assistant coach really does most of the work in raising his son. Many families rely on the kids themselves to wash their clothes or to do their homework. And I see PLENTY of men who exercise and who manscape and who get haircuts and other things that men do to remain attractive to their wives/girlfriends.

It just shows the egocentrism that is so prevalent in women who think this way. They think they are the only ones who have it rough, but everyone in society has responsibilities and in a family unit those responsibilities are amplified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Not all women watch Oprah. It was over 10 years ago when I last watched her show. She may be somewhat influential for SOME women but not THAT influential.
She is.
She is considered to be one of the 10 most influential liberals in America and she's credited by many for helping the president get elected in 2008.
There are these things called DVRs and millions of women use them to record Oprah every day. When she suggests that people read a book, it becomes a bestseller. When she promotes a product, it becomes a success. Her influence is felt around the world.

The simple fact of the matter is that being sexist towards men has become totally acceptable for women. TV shows and commercials can depict men as bumbling fools who can't do anything without their wives, but they cannot depict a woman in a 50s style without facing some backlash (unless it's a parody).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM

805 posts, read 1,505,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Discussing a comment made by Oprah (or anyone else) is one thing. Concluding that such a comment indicates it's okay for women to be sexist is an irrational jump in logic.

I think the point is that if some show popular with male audience made a sexist remark against women, it would outrage women.

See how the reverse is unacceptable?

That is the hypocrisy.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,021,955 times
Because they're women. If these people made sexist remarks about men, they wouldn't be classified as homosexual. But if men did, they would take any criticism. If women take over and feminism rises, its going to get worse.

While America is changing, I'm still glad that I wasn't born a woman. I do believe that its okay for women to be sexist against other women though.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Because women have to pop out the kids, and if the man leaves the woman gets stuck doing everything.

Now, I agree with the first poster...hush and go mow the lawn..or lift something heavy. Isnt that what men are for in the first place?
Seriously America is becoming overpopulated. Too many women are obsessed with parenthood. People are spreading kids out of no where.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Seriously America is becoming overpopulated. Too many women are obsessed with parenthood. People are spreading kids out of no where.

I completely agree with you. A lot of women cannot find any fulfillment outside of childrearing. Of course a lot of this is due to female biology, but at the rate we are going on this planet, it will be a catastrophe.

Look at China. It already is (and I'm not talking about their GDP).

Old 11-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I completely agree with you. A lot of women cannot find any fulfillment outside of childrearing. Of course a lot of this is due to female biology, but at the rate we are going on this planet, it will be a catastrophe.

Look at China. It already is (and I'm not talking about their GDP).
Those are few of the reasons why I don't trust women because they just want kids and will sabotage birth control methods.

Most people (usually women) are unaware of overpopulation and how worse its going to get if people continue to breed.

Maybe of them believe that children are cute and blessing.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,938,669 times
Quote:
Those are few of the reasons why I don't trust women because they just want kids and will sabotage birth control methods.

Most people (usually women) are unaware of overpopulation and how worse its going to get if people continue to breed.

Maybe of them believe that children are cute and blessing.
Too bad your own parents did not agree with this.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Too bad your own parents did not agree with this.
And too bad yours didn't feel the same about you. One less of the opposite a man has to worry about.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,938,669 times
Quote:
And too bad yours didn't feel the same about you. One less of the opposite a man has to worry about.
You are trully anti-woman. Fortunately, many folks do not agree with this whole "overpopulation" hysteria. What happens when the birth rate gets so low that society cannot even sustain itself?

Old 11-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You are trully anti-woman. Fortunately, many folks do not agree with this whole "overpopulation" hysteria. What happens when the birth rate gets so low that society cannot even sustain itself?

The earth will regain its natural harmony and balance. Landfills of trash will eventually biodegrade without mountains of trash endlessly being added. The Pacific ocean's toxic plastic soup will at least not have more added to it either. Animals once near the brink of extinction will return. Beauty will return.

When you say society, you mean people. We're the ones killing the planet, so sustaining the killing is not a good idea for the planet OR ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies