Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,336,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I was joking. I really don't care if people (adults) smoke marijuana.
Sorry, didn't sound like it. I'm very outspoken on my green lady freind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,559,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Sorry, didn't sound like it. I'm very outspoken on my green lady freind.
No problem. Sorry for any confusion. Enjoy!

Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco2007 View Post
In Colorado if you hold a medical marijuana card for prescriptions or a caregivers card you can grow your own
I know.
Same with other states.
It's a wonderful thing......being a cardholder!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:39 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,342,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
Don't forget people will not necessarily buy legal marijuana now that there are dispensaries. If anything it will make the illegal drug producers more profitable because people will go to people instead of dispensaries to avoid the taxes/extra cost to buy.

It is a lame excuse and I think any economist who believes it is pandering to Keynesian economic thought.
Not true at all. In San Diego the dispensiaries have inflated prices, and yet they still get plenty of customers because of the selection, the convenience and the fact that you don't have to be involved with some shady dealer.

How many people buy bootleg cigarettes? Some...but not that many. Well, why would it be any different with marijuana? The only difference is that tobacco is far more addictive!

Most pot users would be ecstatic to be able to go to "Pot R US" for their weed, even if it cost an extra $5-$10!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:53 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,240,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
What effect did ending prohibition have on The Great Depression??? Any parallels here???
You mean besides the fact that ending prohibition made the Great Depression more bearable for those who lived through it?

Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,240,784 times
Many medical cannabis users end up growing their own for a number of reasons, such as cost, convenience, quality control, etc. But all things being equal I am sure that many of these folks would prefer to go down to the local grocery or liquor store and find what alcohol and tobacco users find: a variety of product options, all of which have consistent taste and kick.

Personally I’d like to see the product legalized and the production rationalized. When I show up at the local dispensaries I have no illusions that there will be the same strains with the same potency as the last time I showed up. In its current semi-unregulated and semi-not-quite-totally-legal state, the products that are available are all over the map quality-wise (this goes for both smoke-able and edible cannabis). Having the tobacco companies (for instance) free to produce and distribute cannabis nationwide (or even statewide) would go a long way towards ensuring that consumers get a consistent product.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,941,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Cigaetees will seem cheap. But at least you won't be smoking peed on marijuana or other fowl thiongs in them.
Take no offense. You must be old school. Around 60 years old? That my dad's age and your quote is something my pops has said many many many times (was part of his generations cultural thinking).

But realistically, states that have decriminalized marijauna have moved almost exclusively to "kind bud"; not that mexican seedy dirt weed crap. I was reading mexican drug gangs are concerned as it is interfering with their profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random colorado pot smoker
Finally, if they think we’re buying schwaggy Mexican brick weed – the main product of the Mexican drug gangs – at Colorado dispensaries, they have never experienced the Colorado I know.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Take no offense. You must be old school. Around 60 years old? That my dad's age and your quote is something my pops has said many many many times (was part of his generations cultural thinking).

But realistically, states that have decriminalized marijauna have moved almost exclusively to "kind bud"; not that mexican seedy dirt weed crap. I was reading mexican drug gangs are concerned as it is interfering with their profits.
Yep.
They employ slaves of their own to sit in our National Parks and Forests all through a grow (4+ months?)......and TRY to grow some KIND buds to compete with all the US growers who have their own stuff going indoors and out.....AND all the kind bud coming in from BC and Quebec, Canada and other places.
Many are illegals and willing or unwilling participants in a piece of the Mexican cartels business.
They trash OUR forests and our National Parks..... and spill fertilizer waste into the streams.
It's SICK!

Because pot remains illegal......yet, another year.

Marijuana MUST be removed from the equation in America's long-lost "war" on drugs!

Enough Americans would finally agree, I believe.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,618,409 times
Hopefully this Slate Magazine article is correct in predicting "The End Of Prohibition" - on a whole range of issues.

Why gay marriage, getting high, and going to Cuba will soon be legal. - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine

Old 11-21-2009, 01:39 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,197,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
I know.
Same with other states.
It's a wonderful thing......being a cardholder!

what a wonderful world! we get taxed, branded and registered like dogs so we can have the permission to grow a weed! we then get intelligent people to argue that mj has many medical benefits! this is a joke! the fact that we must beg our overlords in dc for permission to smoke, snort, pop, drink or inject what we want to is so far from the freedom we claim to possess!

i say legalize it and don't regulate or tax it! i would like to see the disbanding of the orwellian apparatus set up to police prohibition not to see that apparatus change focus to monitor excise evasion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies