Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 06:28 AM

308 posts, read 517,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Thank you workingclasshero. I completely agree. Hemp is, indeed, a miraculous plant and we need to legalize and grow a lot more for both industrial use and smokable consumer products. BTW – Diesel engines work very well on a diet of hemp seed oil.
although it is the same plant Hemp is different than weed.

Just like you can have poppy seeds and its different than heroine or opium. That doesn't mean we should legalize those drugs because poppy seeds are good on bagels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 03:12 PM

56 posts, read 263,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Don't forget the entire penal system. Many of those men and women, whos only employment is locking up harmless drug offenders, would be out of work. So would the construction crews from building new prisons.

Lots of reasons why marijuana is illegal, none of them good mind you. The only real reason to legalize it is to start by what they are doing now. Small groups of users, dedicated enough to get a perscription. That number will grow, and the government can slowly ween those who make their money off of our taxes off of our tit, and into other employment oppourtunities.

I know they can have my job, if its legal, I'll be a farmer

There are groups all over Florida working to Legalize Medical Marijuana. Make sure you are out there with us as we fight to put this on the ballot as well as lobby our legislators.

People United for Medical Marijuana - Florida PAC

PUFMM.org

Old 02-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
although it is the same plant Hemp is different than weed.

Just like you can have poppy seeds and its different than heroine or opium. That doesn't mean we should legalize those drugs because poppy seeds are good on bagels.

No we should legalize them so we can get the money out of the Black Markets hands and into the hands of Tax Paying Businessmen. It's a lot easier to control who the users of drugs are when you take control versus giving it to the black market gang dealers that only care about pushing harder stronger drugs for higher profits.

But that's not my fight.

Medical Marijuana for the patients in Florida that need it is my fight. People United for Medical Marijuana - Florida PAC

Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
With this kind of data out there can anyone tell me why marijauna is still illegal?
Other than the lobbyist for big pharma that is....

If Marijuana Production Were Legal: Projected Tax Revenues, by State | PuppetGov (http://blog.puppetgov.com/2009/11/17/if-marijuana-production-were-legal-projected-tax-revenues-by-state/ - broken link)

Good information, but even without any tax revenue, it should be legal.

Why does anyone want the government telling us what we can eat, drink or smoke? Who decided they should have that power ?????

Old 02-25-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Good information, but even without any tax revenue, it should be legal.

Why does anyone want the government telling us what we can eat, drink or smoke? Who decided they should have that power ?????
We did by not stepping up to them when they made these laws. When was the last time you called your representative?

Everyone expects someone else to do it for them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies